Strange behavior of _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd

JensB

Hi World,

I am an AutoIt Newb. I start with a simple task. Starting an app, making some mouse clicks and then saving  a picture of the app. The function to save the picture looks like.

Func Capture($vName, ByRef $sClass)
    Local $hWindow = WinGetHandle($sClass)
    Local $path = @ScriptDir & "\..\Results\" & $vName
    _ScreenCapture_SetBMPFormat(2)
    _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd($path & ".bmp", $hWindow )
EndFunc

The issue is that the saved picture differs in size dependent on the monitor I use. The app have a screen size of 800x480 pixel (exclusive application borders) . AutoIt Window Info shows me a size of 806x509pixel (with application borders).  My expectation is, when I call _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd I got an image of that size.

I have here an Laptop with a resolution of 1920x1080pixel. Additonally there are 2 Monitors connected. Each with a resolution of 1920x1200. AutoIt Window Info show me a size of my application 806x509pixel on each monitor. But when I execute _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd() The resulted image differs in size. On the 1920x1200 Monitors I got an image of 802x507pixel, as ecpected. But when I do the same on my 1092x1080pixel monitor then i got an image of 1002x633pixel. It is the same content and same scaling but a bigger picture. 

I modified my capture routine a bit to take the Application width and height into account. With this code I got not the whole picture on my 1092x1080pixel monitor, while I got the whole picture on my 1920x1200Monitors. 

Func Capture($vName, ByRef $sClass)
    Local $hWindow = WinGetHandle($sClass)
    Local $aPos = WinGetPos($sClass)
    Local $path = @ScriptDir & "\..\Results\" & $vName ;& "_w" & $aPos[2] & "_h" & $aPos[3]
    _ScreenCapture_SetBMPFormat(2)
    _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd($path & ".bmp", $hWindow, 0, 0,$aPos[2],$aPos[3], false )
EndFunc

Does any one knows why _ScreenCapture_CaptureWnd behaves differently? Thank you in advance.

Backgound Information: I want to use AutoIt für testing some UIs. And the saved images shall be compared with some referecne picture. Therefore size matters in my case.