Greetings!

I was exploring as I saw the below URL which reads the event logs from specific type (Application, Security, System, etc.)

So, I was in need to read a specific event id instead of the type of event, i.e. I need to read event id 1074 which lands under Security type.

Any assistance will be grateful.

Happy new year in advance!!

On 1/3/2023 at 6:16 PM, argumentum said:

...you'll have to read every event until you read the one you wanted to read, so discard those you don't care for.
You can also add to TaskScheduler an event ( in your case, 1074 ) and run something when triggered.

Cheers

Any other way will be grateful enough...

you can use powershell to export event log entries, or this tool by NirSoft called FullEventLogView

all the EVTX files are stored usually in the folder C:\Windows\System32\winevt\Logs (RunAsAdmin will be required)

WMI is another way to get hold of event log entries, my favorite would be using powershell (filtering at the beginning is easy), then process the results with autoit 

Earth is flat, pigs can fly, and Nuclear Power is SAFE!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By XGamerGuide
      👋 Hey
      I want to call a function when something changes on an element in my GUI. That should work for a combo box (with $CBS_DROPDOWNLIST) when I select an item and for a text input when I type.
    • By Vaiola
      We need to transfer from windows server 2012 to windows server 2016, we didn't find a way using to transfer the data automatically or to email us after tasks are finished.
      Is there a way to copy the data with NTFS/Shared permissions and timestamps without any loss?
    • By tarretarretarre
      About AutoIt-Events
      AutoIt-Events is an event Observer and is a core dependency for Autoit-Socket-IO but can be used for any Autoit project.
      Example
      #include "Event.au3" ; Subscribe listeners _Event_Listen(UserCreatedEvent, SendWelcomeMail) _Event_Listen(UserCreatedEvent, RegisterNewsLetter) ; Fire event _Event(UserCreatedEvent, @UserName, "tarre.islam@gmail.com") Func UserCreatedEvent(Const ByRef $oEvent, $name, $email) ; via $oEvent you can pass data to its listeners $oEvent.add("name", $name) $oEvent.add("email", $email) $oEvent.add("id", 1) EndFunc Func SendWelcomeMail(Const $oEvent) MsgBox(64, "Welcome mail sent", "Welcome mail sent to " & $oEvent.item("name") & " with email " & $oEvent.item("email")) EndFunc Func RegisterNewsLetter(Const $oEvent) MsgBox(64, "News letter registred", "News letter bound to user id " & $oEvent.item("id")) EndFunc  
      The code is also available at Github

Autoit-Events-1.0.0.zip
    • By tarretarretarre
      Version 2.x.x and 3.x.x has been moved to branch 3.x
      About Autoit-Socket-IO
      Autoit-Socket-IO is a event driven TCP/IP wrapper heavily inspired from Socket.IO with focus on user friendliness and long term sustainability.
      I constantly want to make this UDF faster and better, so if you have any suggestions or questions (beginner and advanced) Do not hesitate to ask them, I will gladly help!
      Key features
      Simple API 99% data-type serialization thanks to Autoit-Serialize Can easily be extended with your own functionality thanks to Autoit-Events "Educational" examples Data encryption thanks to _<Crypt.au3> Limitations
      Speed. This UDF will sacrifice some speed for convenience Getting started
      Download the script from AutoIt or pull it from the official github repo git@github.com:tarreislam/Autoit-Socket-IO.git and checkout the tag 4.0.0-beta Check out the documentaion Take a look in the examples/ folder Changelog
      To see changes from 3.x.x and 2.x.x please checkout the 3.x branch
      Version 4.0.0-beta (This update break scripts.)
      Code base fully rewritten with Autoit-Events and decoupled to improve code quality and reduce bloat. The new UDF is very different from 3.x.x so please checkout the UPGRADE guide to fully understand all changes Added new documentation documentaion Success stories
      Since December 2017-now I have used version 1.5.0 in an production environment for 150+ clients with great success, the only downtime is planned windows updates and power outages.

Newest version (2020-09-15!)

Older versions (Not supported anymore)
      Autoit-Socket-IO-1.0.0.zip Autoit-Socket-IO-1.1.0.zip Autoit-Socket-IO-1.3.0.zip Autoit-Socket-IO-1.4.0.zip Autoit-Socket-IO-1.5.0.zip
      Autoit-Socket-IO-2.0.0.zip
    • By argumentum
      This is a UDF to handle the AutoIt Error msgbox when our awesome code goes 
      I've been using trancexx's code for the longest time and since I iron some wrinkles in my ( personal use ) UDF, decided to organize it in a dignifying way and post it.
      The ZIP with the code is in the downloads area.
      I'm posting this because most other handlers use /ErrorStdOut to catch errors and they are not that common, for us great coders 
      So makes little sense to me to run 2 EXEs for something unlikely to happen. No one made a UDF of this, so, I did.
      oh, ..there are things where this will be of no use, say, infinite recursion or what not, so, if the the AutoIt Error msgbox was to popup then this UDF should do it.
      ...let me know if you liked it, or post your views to better it.
      Cheers
      There is also an EventViewer_GetMyEntries() down this post that may come in handy.