how to always show a specific tray icon when Inactive?

hi, all.

i made a exe program to our users, but it is hidden by windows 10 when it inactive.

is there a way to keep my program always show at the notification area?  (show my own program not all other programs)

I found this article Always show tray icon? - AutoIt General Help and Support - AutoIt Forums (autoitscript.com)

but no use.

thanks in advance.

• 1 month later...

In Windows 10 and 11 you have to set the program's tray icon visibility manually.

image.png.4abdb2a6ec773ca5a1e50c5c7359869d.png

As mentioned here, this cannot be done through programming.

There have been changes to the notification area that give the user much more control over what icons appear on the taskbar. All notification icons are now hidden by default and that visibility cannot be programmatically controlled.

However, you could try this tool, http://www.technosys.net/products/utils/pintotaskbar, and hide it in your program using Base64String by @UEZ 

Kind Regards
Skeletor

"Coffee: my defense against going postal."

Microsoft Office Splash Screen | Basic Notepad Program (Beginner) | Transparent Splash Screen | Full Screen UI

On 5/3/2023 at 4:28 AM, Skeletor said:

In Windows 10 and 11 you have to set the program's tray icon visibility manually.

image.png.4abdb2a6ec773ca5a1e50c5c7359869d.png

As mentioned here, this cannot be done through programming.

However, you could try this tool, http://www.technosys.net/products/utils/pintotaskbar, and hide it in your program using Base64String by @UEZ 

hey..thanks 4 your help.

that is not a problem now.

that cannot be done through programming.