Problem with quotes

Go to solution Solved by Jos,

Good morning, I'm having problems with the quotes and I can't do it, I want to pin a shortcut to the taskbar using the pttb.exe file, from a batch file it works but when I take it to autoit it gives me an error

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & @ScriptDir & '\pttb.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" to PinToTaskbar"')

THANK YOU

• Developers

this might work:

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & @ScriptDir & '\pttb.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" to PinToTaskbar')

else post the working command when running for the commandline.

Edited by Jos

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

4 minutes ago, Jos said:

this might work:

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & @ScriptDir & '\pttb.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" to PinToTaskbar')

else post the working command when running for the commandline.

Unfortunately it doesn't work and I don't know why.

the batch code is this

pttb.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" to PinToTaskbar

here is the pptb.exe

https://github.com/0x546F6D/pttb_-_Pin_To_TaskBar

Leave out the 'to PinToTaskbar', that is just a comment indicating what the command is supposed to do and must not be part of the commandline.

Check where the pttb.exe is located. Is this in the scriptdirectory or accessible via the path environment?

It's often better to include the full path to external programs. 

• Developers
  • Solution

2 hours ago, chelo32 said:

the batch code is this

pttb.exe "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" to PinToTaskbar

here is the pptb.exe

This should be exactly the same as when running it from the x86 cmd.exe prompt:

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c pttb.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" to PinToTaskbar')

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

17 hours ago, Jos said:

This should be exactly the same as when running it from the x86 cmd.exe prompt:

RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c pttb.exe "C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" to PinToTaskbar')

Thank you very much Jos, it did not cross my mind to remove & @ScriptDir & , as something simple can drive you crazy. THANK YOU