Tester needed ^^

UEZ

@ioa747 the odd thing is that only the tab control is not properly positioned - the rest seems to work properly.

I forgot to set the width / height of the group control and that the reason why the height is not correct because Windows sets the height automatically - should be fixed now.

Without _WinAPI_DPI.au3 the GUI looks blurry on higher DPI settings.

I'm now for 2 weeks at home (holidays) and have only one monitor available. I cannot do real testing.

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

Selection of finest graphical examples at Codepen.io

The own fart smells best!
Her 'sikim hıyar' diyene bir avuç tuz alıp koşma!
¯\_(ツ)_/¯  ٩(●̮̮̃•̃)۶ ٩(-̮̮̃-̃)۶ૐ

On 8/12/2023 at 11:23 PM, UEZ said:

Any change to test it and provide a screenshot same as Shark007? The interesting part is when the DPI is > 100%.

I tried to have a go, but it seems I am missing WinAPIGdiDC.au3, which I am guessing is only available in latest AutoIt, which I don't have installed on this PC, which is a couple of point versions behind.

EDIT

In the end I realized I needed to just rename two includes.

WinAPIGdiDC.au3 to WinAPIGdi.au3

WinAPISysWin.au3 to WinAPISys.au3

Which resulted in the following.

ExampleGUI.png.177859564a86b8419aeae5b359d46054.png

Is that what you needed?

Edited by TheSaint

Make sure brain is in gear before opening mouth!
Remember, what is not said, can be just as important as what is said.

Spoiler

What is the Secret Key? Life is like a Donut

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
Ignoring those who try to divert conversation with irrelevancies.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.
I'm only big and bad, to those who have an over-active imagination.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

@TheSaint yes, this is what I want to see. 😉 What DPI value is it? 100%? If yes, can you please set it to a higher value and take a screenshot again?

Edited by UEZ

Please don't send me any personal message and ask for support! I will not reply!

18 hours ago, UEZ said:

What DPI value is it? 100%? If yes, can you please set it to a higher value and take a screenshot again?

I'm not exactly sure how to do this as I am not seeing a percentage anywhere.

Looking at the example code I just manually changed the auto detection of $iDPI from 96 to $iDPI = 196 and got the following.

Sample_2.thumb.png.81dc4a4bec6e9bbb9aca83c4e05e4f82.png

Is that what you mean?

Please note, I am using an external monitor with a laptop.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

If I put effort into communication, I expect you to read properly & fully, or just not comment.
If I'm intent on insulting you or being rude, I will be obvious, not ambiguous about it.

I may have the Artistic Liesense ;) to disagree with you. TheSaint's Toolbox (be advised many downloads are not working due to ISP screwup with my storage)

userbar.png

1 minute ago, TheSaint said:

Is this Windows 7?

You can find that by choosing Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Display and then clicking the "Set custom text size (DPI)" link in the left panel.

Source

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

DcodingTheWeb Forum - Follow for updates and Join for discussion

5 minutes ago, TheSaint said:

Looking at the example code I just manually changed the auto detection of $iDPI from 96 to $iDPI = 196 and got the following.

Sample_2.thumb.png.81dc4a4bec6e9bbb9aca83c4e05e4f82.png

Is that what you mean?

Please note, I am using an external monitor with a laptop.

Thanks, but the code should detect the DPI which is set on your system otherwise the result will look incorrect (as in your screenshot)

Just do following steps: 

1. on the desktop press the rmb and select "Screen Resolution"
  2. in the lower part of the newly opened window select "Make text and other items larger or smaller"
  3. in the next window you can select between different size - select the largest one
  4. after logoff / and loggin again just test the Example code again

I tested in my VM and it looked properly - all sizes and positions of the controls were set as intended.

Okay it is a text and items size thing, and will probably screw my icon positioning.

And while I use a program to save and restore icon positions, it never works fully correct for some reason.
So with all the desktop icons I have, I am going to give it a miss ... sorry.

I have my icons grouped very specifically.

Edited by TheSaint

Spoiler

userbar.png

3 hours ago, TheSaint said:

And while I use a program to save and restore icon positions, it never works fully correct for some reason.

In Linux this would be as simple as backing up a single file, or even not bothering with it at all because it doesn't screw up the positions when changing sizes most likely :muttley:

EasyCodeIt - A cross-platform AutoIt implementation - Fund the development! (GitHub will double your donations for a limited time)

13 hours ago, TheDcoder said:

or even not bothering with it at all because it doesn't screw up the positions when changing sizes most likely

Yeah yeah. :P 

When icons don't fit on the screen, then usually if there are vacant positions, those will get populated, which might just mean an auto sort for simplification. I've certainly experienced that in Windows and I imagine Linux has no reason to be different, especially as icons off-screen are not helpful.

Spoiler

userbar.png

15 hours ago, TheSaint said:

When icons don't fit on the screen, then usually if there are vacant positions, those will get populated, which might just mean an auto sort for simplification. I've certainly experienced that in Windows and I imagine Linux has no reason to be different, especially as icons off-screen are not helpful.

On my desktop (Xfce), that does happen, but the positions are not permanent, and they spring back to their correct locations once there is enough space available.

• 5 months later...