Finding a list of scheduled tasks that run ONLOGON

Turns out the schtasks command doesn't seem to have a query that returns the ONLOGON tasks so I'm looking for another way to do so.

I then noticed the files inside the C:\Windows\System32\Tasks folder are XML files which tell you the state of the triggers in a particular node.

Now I need a way to parse those system files.  Parsing isn't the problem but being that they have a System attribute stumps me.

I don't want to change their attributes because if the app ever crashes then they'll be left without system attribute set.  First option is if can read them directly. 2nd option I looked at the RunAs command to copy the files to a temp location to read but I didn't see an option to RunAs with system credentials.

RunAs("myUser",@ComputerName,"myPass", $RUN_LOGON_INHERIT , "cmd /k copy C:\Windows\System32\Tasks\*. C:\Temp\Tasks")

All I need to know is which services are triggered ONLOGON so if there is a less intrusive way to do this I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Edited by NassauSky

37 minutes ago, NassauSky said:

Parsing isn't the problem but being that they have a System attribute stumps me.

Curious by your post I went there. Read each file with notepad running as administrator. I guess all you need is #RequireAdmin

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

#RequireAdmin
#include <Array.au3>

$aLogonTasks = GetLogonTasks()
_ArrayDisplay($aLogonTasks)

Func GetLogonTasks($sFolder = '\')
    Local $sResult
    Local $oScheduleService = ObjCreate('Schedule.Service')
    $oScheduleService.Connect()
    $oRoot = $oScheduleService.GetFolder($sFolder)
    $oCollection = $oRoot.GetTasks(0)
    For $oTask In $oCollection
        If StringInStr($oTask.XML, 'LogonTrigger') Then $sResult &= $oTask.Name & Chr(1)
    Next
    Return StringSplit(StringTrimRight($sResult, 1), Chr(1))
EndFunc

Or something like this.

Edited by Andreik

When the words fail... music speaks.

2 hours ago, NassauSky said:

without using RequireAdmin which raises a UAC dialog which hampers the whole project I'm working with. 

If you are just making a query with Andreik's code, the admin level was not required in my testing. :)

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

Without #RequireAdmin it won't return all tasks. Basically it won't return tasks that have checked the option "Run with the highest privileges".

there has to be a way though without using RequireAdmin

I highly doubt about that. It would be a total non-sense for windows to let you access Tasks directory from System32 or TaskCache from registry without admin privileges.

Edited by Andreik

When the words fail... music speaks.