Drag&drop file to external non-autoit program

17 minutes ago, queensoft said:

Isn't MouseMove good enough of a test?

That's what I meant. I'm brain dead most of the time and reading makes me think and doubt. And watching the cursor into place is easier. :D

20 minutes ago, queensoft said:

Display scaling - no problems here, 100%.

ok. It was something to take into consideration if X,Y is the thing that makes the code work.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

Tested everything recommended and everything I could think of.

Example 1 & 2 are working OK, out of the box.

Example 3 changed to my needs.

Position was a bit off: _ArrayDisplay($aPos) says Y position is 72, but actually, in a screenshot, Y = 100. The title bar is 26 pixels, so maybe that's what's missing. The others are the same.

So, instead of 5 pixels offset, I added 45, to both X and Y.

As I said, tried everything: window / control handle, file name only / full path, #RequireAdmin

Everything seems ok: mouse position, _WinAPI_DisplayStruct, no error codes after _WinAPI_PostMessage, verify handles of both windows and controls against Au3Info.exe, compile as 32/64 bits (xdecoder shows as 32 bits in task manager) - but still doesn't work.

All right, new day, new problems!!! But this time I can give you a test program!!!!

Please do not share or post screenshots or other details about program. Thank you!

Program will check & download (using browser, don't worry) .NET 7.0 Desktop Runtime - please install if necessary.

Drag & drop ANY FILE into ANY of the 2 red controls. It should display file name & path. And that's it, nothing else is necessary.

Thanks.

TEST_PROGRAM.ZIP

• 2 weeks later...