AutoItHelp v3.3.16.1 with external CSS loading

Go to solution Solved by argumentum,

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Notes:

When using the help file in a monitor with scaling, right click AutoIt3Help.exe and in the compatibility tab, click "Change high DPI settings". On the new window click the checkbox for "High DPI scaling override".

That's it. Simple.
image.png.90de89100c4c143c7dd26af83903fdc8.png

image-2024-03-17-093400828.png

Now the problem would be the 1080px resolution on the CSS files when on a gigantic monitor.
Change it to 8080px ?. Something to make it wide enough for the grater pixel density.

Made a script to take an html 2 chm for testing when you wish to try more things in css/html/js.
Also made a CHM w/modernizr to test the ability to use newer CSS/JS/HTML .

Edited by argumentum

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

50 minutes ago, Zedna said:

I will not use it but I like to learn how such kind of hacks can be done

How can you learn if you don't use what you'd like to learn from ?

53 minutes ago, Zedna said:

I'm just curious why this isn't in Examples section of the forum

Is not an example on how to learn html, css, chm. Is a product.
And I thought that it should have a discussion thread just in case anyone would like to talk about it.
Because it was used :lol:

In a future AutoIt release these features may come in the standard distribution but for now, an updated version. Not a full revision of the help file but fixed some things that needed attention.
Like clicking an external link and having to have IE11 handle it internally within the chm. So I rewrote those links to open in the user's browser.
Some internal links going nowhere where fixed but again, not a full revision.

tr.yellow,tr.yellowbold {
    background-color:#808000 /* #ffff9C */
}

This is eye hurting but the overall colors are nicely picked. It's a shame that it's not the entire chm theme aware. In dark mode it gives you a feeling of two different applications when you see half of the application in light mode. Anyway, awesome work @argumentum.

When the words fail... music speaks.

Posted (edited)
13 minutes ago, Andreik said:

This is eye hurting but the overall colors are nicely picked.

I am, admittedly, not very good with colors. I'm never pleased with my choosing.
If you make a nice looking Theme/CSS, do share it here ( maybe with a small pic. too as a preview ) so we all can have the CSS. :)

Edited by argumentum

... and, none of the $tag* .htm are patched to load the CSS. ( update coming up this week I guess )
I'll add the stuff @donnyh13 told me of too.

5 hours ago, Andreik said:

I changed just this striking yellow to #635435 and I am happy with the final result

What page were you looking at when looking at it ?

Everything looks pretty cool @argumentum, very nice work! I had never thought of modifying the colour scheme for the Help file before, and it actually never bothered me before, as I have a pretty basic Windows light look, so everything blended well. But now you got me curious to try making a "pretty" help file -- despite the fact that I also have color-coordination disability :)

LibreOffice UDF  ; Scite4AutoIt Spell-Checker Using LibreOffice

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

I was wondering what I modify to get rid of this white background for the open Script button? I've tried everything and can't get the white background to go away. It apparently isn't considered a link.

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

Posted (edited)

That is an object ?, ...not a link.

Spoiler
{
document.write('<div class="codeSnippetContainerTab codeSnippetContainerTabSingle" dir="ltr">');
document.write('<object id=hhctrl type="application/x-oleobject" classid="clsid:adb880a6-d8ff-11cf-9377-00aa003b7a11"><param name="Command" value="ShortCut"><param name="Font" value="Verdana,10pt"><param name="Text" value="Text:Open this Script"><param name="Item1" value=",Examples\\HelpFile\\MsgBox[2].au3,"></object>');
document.write('<\/div>');
}

therefore it has the theme colors of the OS.
I'd have to learn how to "CSS it". It was never in the original code/html, because the use I gave it was never intended.
If I use the "dark css" on the "buuf OS theme" I get
image.png.c7b391be171ca54338a53cfc6d093c16.png
I have not found a way to change it :( 

Anyone knowing how to color it, post the code, plz.

...also the reason I added in the ReadMe.txt:
"The CSS file will only affect the CHM and not the whole window (HTML Help Control).
A window theme is part of the OS.
"
Because the pics I posted are the OS theme with the CSS theme and the SciTE theme. Then it looks quite good.

Edited by argumentum

Thanks for looking into it @argumentum. I'll just change the theme if it bugs me, I guess.

Spoiler

• Moderators
22 minutes ago, argumentum said:

@donnyh13

Yes we can. All I have to do is add CSS and edit over 3000 files in bulk flawlessly 😅
Pet project. I have to get back to work :( 

Testers are welcome :) 

image.png.338379982e517d3ef234f8810161939f.png     TestExampleLinkThing.zip 6.54 kB · 0 downloads

Just state it's by design so it stands out <smh>

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

Looks and works great @argumentum, thanks so much for your digging!

When I opened the example, it is a little unformatted tho? Probably because it is just a snippet?

21 hours ago, argumentum said:

edit over 3000 files in bulk flawlessly

Oh, is that all? 🥴

I would offer to help as time permitted, but I don't have the first clue of how to do it :D pretty sure "flawlessly" wouldn't end up being correct terminology.

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler