AutoItHelp v3.3.16.1 with external CSS loading

Go to solution Solved by argumentum,

..it'd be flawless anyway. But I meant the whole bulk at once, so I don't have to attend to odd cases.

It looks that way because it did not find AutoIt.css on the same folder.

Do post, or PM me, the CSS you're working on @donnyh13.

Follow the link to my code contribution ( and other things too ).
FAQ - Please Read Before Posting.
autoit_scripter_blue_userbar.png

It looks that way because it did not find AutoIt.css on the same folder.

Ah, I see. Thanks for the clarification.

17 hours ago, argumentum said:

Do post,

It's far from done, (if I ever will call it done :) ), still tinkering, and it is still messy with commented out trials. But here it is. I may have missed some stuff, not sure yet. And I'm still deciding on colours 😕

(Removed File)

Edited by donnyh13

LibreOffice UDF  ; Scite4AutoIt Spell-Checker Using LibreOffice

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

I hope this .css file helps someone.

Just rename default - dark.css to default.cssdefault - dark.zip

taurus905

"Never mistake kindness for weakness."-- Author Unknown --"The highest point to which a weak but experienced mind can rise is detecting the weakness of better men."-- Georg Lichtenberg --Simple Obfuscator (Beta not needed.), Random names for Vars and Funcs

On 3/19/2024 at 7:11 PM, argumentum said:

Try it out and post :)

Works amazing @argumentum, thank you very much!

Edit:

Just noticed the second code box is extended more? Actually, both are further than normal.

[Removed Pic for room]

Should be:

[Removed Pic for room]

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

"Life is chiefly made up, not of great sacrifices and wonderful achievements, but of little things. It is oftenest through the little things which seem so unworthy of notice that great good or evil is brought into our lives. It is through our failure to endure the tests that come to us in little things, that the habits are molded, the character misshaped; and when the greater tests come, they find us unready. Only by acting upon principle in the tests of daily life can we acquire power to stand firm and faithful in the most dangerous and most difficult positions."

I think you missed this on the first line?

<!DOCTYPE html>

Seems to fix it for me anyway.

Looks amazing!

[Removed Pic for room]

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

Sure.

I moved "openThisScript" up to the other link settings, (line 166).

AutoIt CSS.zip

Spoiler

36 minutes ago, argumentum said:

I'd like to take a look at your CSS

I noticed I wasn't very clear, the "<!DOCTYPE html>" is missing from the CHM file, (I think anyway). Sorry if I caused confusion.

Spoiler

No confusion. I had to add it to see the results.
I have things to do right now but later, I'll post a revised test and if a CSS can be made to make the "Open this Script" look and feel like the "Copy to clipboard" or any other link ( other than size maybe ), then I can jump into building the help file with this new looks, to replace the current one in distribution.

If the CSS can be done using the current CSS values without having to introduce the class="openThisScript" better.

I should put together a package/script to give the testers/developers, the ability to edit the HTM file and a click-click later, voilà ( i don't know French but this word means "there" with an air of magic in it to me ), the HTM as CHM to see on screen and test.

4 hours ago, argumentum said:

No confusion

Okay, great.

using the current CSS values

That sounds great @argumentum,  I'll keep an eye out for it. I think you can use "div.codeSnippetToolBarText>a:"but that's an uneducated guess.

Edit: I think "codeSnippetContainerTabSingle" will work, and modify the CSS for it to something like codeSnippetToolBarText:

float:left;
    top:-3px;
    right: 8px;
/* -8px; */
    position:relative;
    background-color:#6cb5be;
    width:auto;
    padding-left:4px;
    padding-right:4px;
    border-left:2px solid #000000;
    border-right:2px solid #000000;
    border-bottom:2px solid #000000;
    height:20px;
    vertical-align:top

the ability to edit the HTM file

That would be pretty cool, I'm using a program called "Precision Helper" to dec:censored:mpile / rec:censored:mpile the CHM files, which works pretty good, but it messes up the auto-hide function with my taskbar till I log off/on for some reason.

voilà ( i don't know French but this word means "there" with an air of magic in it to me)

🤣 Sounds about right!

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

@bladem2003, the menu is changed by your windows theme.

Spoiler

@argumentum, I edited my above post,

I think actually "codeSnippetContainerTabSingle" will work, and modify the CSS for it to something like codeSnippetToolBarText:

float:left;
    top:-3px;
    right: 8px;
/* -8px; */
    position:relative;
    background-color:#6cb5be;
    width:auto;
    padding-left:4px;
    padding-right:4px;
    border-left:2px solid #000000;
    border-right:2px solid #000000;
    border-bottom:2px solid #000000;
    height:20px;
    vertical-align:top

Spoiler

Posted (edited)
On 3/20/2024 at 1:51 PM, argumentum said:

I should put together a package/script to give the testers/developers, the ability to edit the HTM file and a click-click later, voilà ( i don't know French but this word means "there" with an air of magic in it to me ), the HTM as CHM to see on screen and test.

...and done. Stashed the zip file at the same downloads post. Here is the file: htm2chm4testing_v0.0.0.3.zip

if you add to the <HEAD> area of the HTML file you're working on:
<link href="AutoIt.css" rel="stylesheet">
then you can see it in your browser with formatting if the CSS file is in the same folder.

If you also comment out the IE and CHM expectations:
<!-- if ((navigator.appName == "Microsoft Internet Explorer") && (parseInt(navigator.appVersion) >= 4)) // IE (4+) only --> 
<!-- if (document.URL.match(/^mk:@MSITStore:/i)) { -->

then you can pretty much skip using this tool/script.

But to clearly see if it all works as expected in the CHM, then use the tool.

Edited by argumentum
v0.0.0.3 with more buttons to click =P

Very nice Script. Works great. I (on Win. 7) had to add #RequireAdmin because the move was failing. Otherwise, it's great.

For laziness, I also added an open button to re-open the chm file if needed. :)

Now I just need to learn html 😪

Spoiler

30 minutes ago, donnyh13 said:

... had to add #RequireAdmin because....

That's why I install in C:\Utilities\ ;)
Hence, I did not take into consideration the need for Admin rights.

33 minutes ago, donnyh13 said:

added an open button to re-open the chm file if needed

I figure that the CHM building is so fast for just a page or two that, to reopen, just rebuild.
Then again I'm unlikely to use it much. Nonetheless what I put together is a good hint on how to go from HTML to CHM :D

Thanks for getting involved, asking for more :)

5 hours ago, argumentum said:

That's why I install in C:\Utilities\

:) good point. Hadn't thought of the benefits of that.

for just a page or two that, to reopen, just rebuild.

Ya, good point, I was thinking more for modifying the entire batch with :D

Thanks for getting involved,

Welcome, glad to help when/if I can, as time permits. Thank you for making the file/tools available. And to all others who have already posted other CSS's to use.

I'd say it works/looks pretty good?

New.thumb.png.1616e5ff4f12ad32dda0ac09000c73dc.png

Msgbox and CSS.zip

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler

Actually, a further note, there was needless (?) empty space above the example text, so I modified the following:

.codeSnippetContainerCode

margin-top:14px;

TO

.codeSnippetContainerCode

margin-top:4px;

And

.codeSnippetToolBar

height:auto;

TO

.codeSnippetToolBar

height:0px;

Before

Before.png.cb68c6f1582947e8b99a9b5701f95dde.png

After

After.png.559f4a617342509ebed554de4d57daec.png

better?

Edit:

Okay, going to try to stop spamming your thread now. Thanks again, and look forward to what others come up with too.

Edited by donnyh13

Spoiler