block specific extensions within the folder and subfolders in the firewall

Go to solution Solved by Andreik,

Hello everyone, I have a .bat file that perfectly performs the function of searching within the folder where the script is located and in all the subfolders, all the files with the .exe extension to be blocked on my firewall, but it has actually been years since I don't use autoit since I always did it as a hobby and I'm not a programmer, but I've always gotten around very well with autoit, but lack of practice doesn't allow me to transfer the few lines of my .bat file to a script in autoit, I guess For someone with enough knowledge it should be something very simple, but please do not underestimate my ability to try to achieve it.

I would appreciate it if you could give me some help on how to transcribe the code to autoit. thank you so much.

Batch File:

@ setlocal enableextensions
@ cd /d "%~dp0"

for /R %%f in (*.exe) do (
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: %%f" dir=out program="%%f" action=block
netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: %%f" dir=in program="%%f" action=block
)

pause

I tried to use the following line and it worked for a specific file name but I need it to do it with all files with a specific extension regardless of the name, as I already said the .bat works perfectly.

Run(@ComSpec & "/k " & 'netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name=' & '"New"' & ' dir=in action=allow program="' & NoSlash(@ScriptDir) & '\MyApp.exe"' & ' enable=yes')

Use _FileListToArray() with a filter for exe files, then use a For loop through the returned array and Run() the command above for each exe file found.

#RequireAdmin
#include <File.au3>

Global $sPath = @ScriptDir  ; Replace @ScriptDir with your directory

$aEXE = _FileListToArray($sPath, '*.exe', 1, False)
If IsArray($aEXE) Then
    For $Index = 1 To $aEXE[0]
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: ' & $aEXE[$Index] & '" dir=in program="' & $sPath & '\' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: ' & $aEXE[$Index] & '" dir=out program="' & $sPath & '\' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
    Next
EndIf

Edited by Andreik

When the words fail... music speaks.

22 minutes ago, Andreik said:

Use _FileListToArray() with a filter for exe files, then use a For loop through the returned array and Run() the command above for each exe file found.

#RequireAdmin
#include <File.au3>

If IsArray($aEXE) Then
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: ' & $aEXE[$Index] & '" dir=in program="' & $sPath & '\' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: ' & $aEXE[$Index] & '" dir=out program="' & $sPath & '\' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
    Next
EndIf

Your response was incredibly fast and extremely efficient. it works perfectly. Thank you very much for your help, I spent days testing and I couldn't understand how to make the for work for this specific case.

21 hours ago, Andreik said:

#RequireAdmin
#include <File.au3>

If IsArray($aEXE) Then
    Next
EndIf

@Andreik When I tried the solution I did not realize that it did not search for files with said extension in the SUBDIRECTORIES, it only searches and adds those that are in the same directory as the script but does not search for all the files in the subfolders as well. Could you help me with that? I really appreciate it.

• Solution
Posted (edited)

Use _FileListToArrayRec() for recursive search in all directories. Something like this:

#RequireAdmin
#include <File.au3>

$aEXE = _FileListToArrayRec($sPath, '*.exe', 1, 1, Default, 2)
If IsArray($aEXE) Then
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: ' & StringReplace($aEXE[$Index], $sPath & '\', '') & '" dir=in program="' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: ' & StringReplace($aEXE[$Index], $sPath & '\', '') & '" dir=out program="' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
    Next
EndIf

or for a better rule naming:

#RequireAdmin
#include <File.au3>

Global $sDrive, $sDir, $sFilename, $sExt

$aEXE = _FileListToArrayRec($sPath, '*.exe', $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_RECUR, $FLTAR_NOSORT, $FLTAR_FULLPATH)
If IsArray($aEXE) Then
        _PathSplit($aEXE[$Index], $sDrive, $sDir, $sFilename, $sExt)
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: ' & $sFilename & '" dir=in program="' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: ' & $sFilename & '" dir=out program="' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
    Next
EndIf

Edited by Andreik

18 minutes ago, Andreik said:

Use _FileListToArrayRec() for recursive search in all directories. Something like this:

#RequireAdmin
#include <File.au3>

$aEXE = _FileListToArrayRec($sPath, '*.exe', 1, 1, Default, 2)
If IsArray($aEXE) Then
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: ' & StringReplace($aEXE[$Index], $sPath & '\', '') & '" dir=in program="' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: ' & StringReplace($aEXE[$Index], $sPath & '\', '') & '" dir=out program="' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
    Next
EndIf

or for a better rule naming:

#RequireAdmin
#include <File.au3>

Global $sDrive, $sDir, $sFilename, $sExt

$aEXE = _FileListToArrayRec($sPath, '*.exe', $FLTAR_FILES, $FLTAR_RECUR, $FLTAR_NOSORT, $FLTAR_FULLPATH)
If IsArray($aEXE) Then
        _PathSplit($aEXE[$Index], $sDrive, $sDir, $sFilename, $sExt)
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: ' & $sFilename & '" dir=in program="' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados: ' & $sFilename & '" dir=out program="' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
    Next
EndIf

Perfect i was trying this and works until you give me the final solution.

#RequireAdmin
#include <File.au3>

;~ $aEXE = _FileListToArrayRec($sPath, '*.exe', 1, False)
$aEXE = _FileListToArrayRec($sPath, "*.exe||i*", $FLTAR_FILES+$FLTAR_NOSYSTEM+$FLTAR_NOHIDDEN , $FLTAR_RECUR)

If IsArray($aEXE) Then
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados2: ' & $aEXE[$Index] & '" dir=in program="' & $sPath & '\' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
        Run('netsh advfirewall firewall add rule name="Bloqueados2: ' & $aEXE[$Index] & '" dir=out program="' & $sPath & '\' & $aEXE[$Index]  & '" action=block', $sPath, @SW_HIDE)
    Next
EndIf

; A test for all folders and .exe files only throughout the folder tree, omitting folders beginning with I (Icons and Include)
;~  $aArray = _FileListToArrayRec($sPath, "*.exe||i*", $FLTAR_FILES+$FLTAR_NOSYSTEM+$FLTAR_NOHIDDEN , $FLTAR_RECUR)
;~  _ArrayDisplay($aArray, "Recur with filter")

You didn't said in your first post that you want to get exe files from subdirectories, so you got what you asked for. It's good that you have a solution now.