FileOpenDialog over the internet?

My most recent project is a simplified file transfer script for use between my house computer and my school computer. The idea I had was to be able to access the files I have at school (located in many places on that computer) from home, and vice versa. The only problem I have is that I want to be able to use the FileOpenDialog to access the files on the remote computer, but it doesn't appear that it is possible to do so. I was hoping to not have to use typed file names and paths, since they are not always accurate (or the same on each computer).

So in summary, my main question is this: is there a way to use FileOpenDialog or something similar to open a file on a remote computer for use with a file-sending script, or a good workaround for easily accessing files remotely?

While I'm at it, I also have this question: how does remote desktop work? More specifically, how does it allow you to see the connected user's desktop, click on the icons and all that, and actually do the stuff you are doing from your computer?

My most recent project is a simplified file transfer script for use between my house computer and my school computer. The idea I had was to be able to access the files I have at school (located in many places on that computer) from home, and vice versa. The only problem I have is that I want to be able to use the FileOpenDialog to access the files on the remote computer, but it doesn't appear that it is possible to do so. I was hoping to not have to use typed file names and paths, since they are not always accurate (or the same on each computer).

So in summary, my main question is this: is there a way to use FileOpenDialog or something similar to open a file on a remote computer for use with a file-sending script, or a good workaround for easily accessing files remotely?

While I'm at it, I also have this question: how does remote desktop work? More specifically, how does it allow you to see the connected user's desktop, click on the icons and all that, and actually do the stuff you are doing from your computer?

Possible solution to the 1st part would be to temporarly map a drive then copy the file, don't remember the command that creates a temporary mapped drive off the top of my head.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.