IPC with autoit

can Autoit do any Interprocess Communication IPC (pipes, sockets, queues, shared memory, semaphores, etc)?

Can I load a .au3 file dynamically into my parent autoitscript. I.e can a autoitscript dynamically load "Plugins" at runtimes and execute it all in a single process?

can Autoit do any Interprocess Communication IPC (pipes, sockets, queues, shared memory, semaphores, etc)?

Can I load a .au3 file dynamically into my parent autoitscript. I.e can a autoitscript dynamically load "Plugins" at runtimes and execute it all in a single process?

I'm not sure I understand "load...dynamically into my parent autoitscript" but glance at this demo:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...showtopic=22531

Once you have multiple scripts running - you might be able to get them to talk to each other using the info posted to this other thread - starting here: http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.ph...ndpost&p=153221

If I did not answer your questions - at least I gave you a free bump. :-)

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Yes and No. :o

Check in the help file for subroutines, functions, FileInstall and TCP functions. What exactly are you trying to do? Your question is a bit too broad to answer to any detail.

Autoit, yes, but not 'out of the box'. It depends on how good you know how to use DllCall() :geek:

i wrote a few functions to alter another process its memory.

(see _Mem from my signature, it should give you an idee how to do what you want.)

i think this is possible but only if you run it as an au3. maby you could use #include then :o

other wise you would have 2 processes running.

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

• 14 years later...

So far, the best way I find is using registry.

1, It is simple, regwrite() and regread() to a pre-defined registry key. Two lines of code to communicate, thats it. And it is super fast (<10ms) thanks to windows.

2, Autoit doesn't do "On Event" and "Concurrent" very well. Registry key is somehow persistant. Your client/server could take time doing other tasks, and fetch the "shared registry data" when it is needed.  No receive-wait-loop etc. needed.

3, It is super reliable, It always works. Impressive 0 faults after 200 millions cycles with hundreds of concurrent registry read+write at the same time. (Thanks to windows again). There is no "File Lock" issue in registry.

I am writting a "master process" communicates with 200 tiny "slave processes", here are what I tried:

• Memory-mapping give me a big headache. 
  • TCP network is fast. But the TCP-on-event-trigger is slow and the 200 "slaves" drive the "master" crazy (new event got triggered before the earlier event finishes)
  • Shared file, I got "File locked" issue: Too many processes try to write the file at the same time. It fails a lot. And it make the filesystem fragmented over time.
  • Shared registry, perfect so far.

• Moderators

kylejustknows,

14 years on I doubt if the OP is still interested!

And nowadays there are quite a few very reliable IPC UDFs available, as listed here.

M23 

Public_Domain.png.2d871819fcb9957cf44f4514551a2935.png Any of my own code posted anywhere on the forum is available for use by others without any restriction of any kind

Open spoiler to see my UDFs:

Spoiler

ArrayMultiColSort ---- Sort arrays on multiple columns
ChooseFileFolder ---- Single and multiple selections from specified path treeview listing
Date_Time_Convert -- Easily convert date/time formats, including the language used
ExtMsgBox --------- A highly customisable replacement for MsgBox
GUIExtender -------- Extend and retract multiple sections within a GUI
GUIFrame ---------- Subdivide GUIs into many adjustable frames
GUIListViewEx ------- Insert, delete, move, drag, sort, edit and colour ListView items
GUITreeViewEx ------ Check/clear parent and child checkboxes in a TreeView
Marquee ----------- Scrolling tickertape GUIs
NoFocusLines ------- Remove the dotted focus lines from buttons, sliders, radios and checkboxes
Notify ------------- Small notifications on the edge of the display
Scrollbars ----------Automatically sized scrollbars with a single command
StringSize ---------- Automatically size controls to fit text
Toast -------------- Small GUIs which pop out of the notification area