GUI Hyperlink control

GaryFrost

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi there everybody,

is there any way to use this magnific GUI Hyperlink control with colouring and sizing the hyperlink itself, e.g.

the text is in size Arial 10 and coloured black, but I want to have the hyperlink to appear in size 12 and coloured red.

I tried to change the part in the GUIHyperlinkControl.au3 file where the anchor point is repleced with corresponding html commands to be included but did not get the result as expected, means the additional html commands are not used but displayed as text of the link itself.

Greetings Harald

You can change the font type and size not the color, the font name and size are parameters of the function call, therefore you don't have to modify the include file at all for that.

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Working on making this a little more user friendly.

Put the events in it's own script

added _GuiCtrlHyperLinkFont function

See 1st post for script attachments

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

added: _GuiCtrlHyperLinkSetLink, _GuiCtrlHyperLinkGetLinkInfo

changed: GuiCtrlHyperLinkFont to GuiCtrlHyperLinkSetFont

note: visited flag gets set, but color doesn't change like it's suppose to, maybe I'll get that on figured out 1 day.

Gary

added: _GuiCtrlHyperLinkSetLink, _GuiCtrlHyperLinkGetLinkInfo

changed: GuiCtrlHyperLinkFont to GuiCtrlHyperLinkSetFont

note: visited flag gets set, but color doesn't change like it's suppose to, maybe I'll get that on figured out 1 day.

Gary

Hi Gary,

This looks very nice, but it's giving me an error.....

I'm using v3.1.1.129 (beta) and it's giving me the following

It says $WM_USER is not declared, so where should it be declared?

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "P:\Downloads\_AutoIt\Hyperlink control\HyperLink_Example.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams  
>Running AU3Check...C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat
P:\Downloads\_AutoIt\Hyperlink control\GuiHyperLink.au3(97,38) : WARNING: $WM_USER: possibly used before declaration.
Global Const $LM_SETITEM = ($WM_USER +
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~^
P:\Downloads\_AutoIt\Hyperlink control\GuiHyperLink.au3(97,38) : ERROR: $WM_USER: undeclared global variable.
P:\Downloads\_AutoIt\Hyperlink control\HyperLink_Example.au3 - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
>AU3Check Ended with Error(s).
>Running: (3.1.1.129):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "P:\Downloads\_AutoIt\Hyperlink control\HyperLink_Example.au3"  
P:\Downloads\_AutoIt\Hyperlink control\GuiHyperLink.au3 (97) : ==> Variable used without being declared.: 
Global Const $LM_SETITEM = ($WM_USER + 0x302) 
Global Const $LM_SETITEM = (^ ERROR
>AutoIT3.exe ended.
>Exit code: 0   Time: 2.797

Hi Gary,

This looks very nice, but it's giving me an error.....

I'm using v3.1.1.129 (beta) and it's giving me the following

It says $WM_USER is not declared, so where should it be declared?

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\CompileAU3\CompileAU3.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "P:\Downloads\_AutoIt\Hyperlink control\HyperLink_Example.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams  
>Running AU3Check...C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTe\Defs\Unstable\Au3Check\au3check.dat
P:\Downloads\_AutoIt\Hyperlink control\GuiHyperLink.au3(97,38) : WARNING: $WM_USER: possibly used before declaration.
P:\Downloads\_AutoIt\Hyperlink control\GuiHyperLink.au3(97,38) : ERROR: $WM_USER: undeclared global variable.
P:\Downloads\_AutoIt\Hyperlink control\HyperLink_Example.au3 - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)
>AU3Check Ended with Error(s).
>Running: (3.1.1.129):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta\autoit3.exe "P:\Downloads\_AutoIt\Hyperlink control\HyperLink_Example.au3"  
P:\Downloads\_AutoIt\Hyperlink control\GuiHyperLink.au3 (97) : ==> Variable used without being declared.: 
Global Const $LM_SETITEM = ($WM_USER + 0x302) 
Global Const $LM_SETITEM = (^ ERROR
>AutoIT3.exe ended.
>Exit code: 0   Time: 2.797
Get the latest beta, I believe it's declared in the WindowsConstants.au3

• 9 months later...

Hope you don't mind stoopid kweschuns about thousand-year-old posts, but...

I like this, a lot... I'm fixin' ta put out a little app for our local food co-op folks, and this will come in real handy for pointing 'em to the web site.

It works nicely, except for one thing: it kicks of IE instead of FireFox - as far as I can tell, my default browser on this machine is FireFox, and fer sher the htm/html/etc extents are registered to FireFox and not IE. Is there some way to make it run the registered browser, or am I missing some setting to beat Bill'n'Steve over the head and make Windoze quit insisting on popping IE in my face every so ofter... or what?

Nobody needs a job. Not much, anyway. Before you need a job, there's a lot of other stuff you need. More or less in order of how badly you need them: AIR, WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, COMPANIONSHIP, and ACTIVITY. You've been led to believe you need money to "pay" someone else to provide those for you - all but AIR, so far. How long is it going to be before you have to "pay" for AIR, too?

Hope you don't mind stoopid kweschuns about thousand-year-old posts, but...

I like this, a lot... I'm fixin' ta put out a little app for our local food co-op folks, and this will come in real handy for pointing 'em to the web site.

It works nicely, except for one thing: it kicks of IE instead of FireFox - as far as I can tell, my default browser on this machine is FireFox, and fer sher the htm/html/etc extents are registered to FireFox and not IE. Is there some way to make it run the registered browser, or am I missing some setting to beat Bill'n'Steve over the head and make Windoze quit insisting on popping IE in my face every so ofter... or what?

Change the 1st run command in the Events.au3 to:

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c start " " "' & DllStructGetData($tagNMLINK, 9) & '"', "", @SW_HIDE)

Edit: I updated the Events.au3 to reflect the above change.

Edited by gafrost

Change the 1st run command in the Events.au3 to:

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c start " " "' & DllStructGetData($tagNMLINK, 9) & '"', "", @SW_HIDE)

Edit: I updated the Events.au3 to reflect the above change.

Great, works. Thanks.

If I upgrade to beta, does it scrag the .../autoit3/ subdir contents? My AU3 is from Aug 2006 - I grabbed it, built what I needed, and haven't looked at it until recently, since I was steadfastly ignoring Windoze fairly successfully and using various flavors of *n*x - but now I've gotten into a nest of M$ and busily killing vipers left and right (the whole virus/worm/spyware/adware/general malware thing is enough to send me right back to Linusville, fer sher).

AutoIT has helped enormously, as I've been able to make qnd little bits o' windoze code to help smite them snakes. It'd be a fantabulous blessing if there were an ide like this for Perl and PHP...

Thanks again. Great sh!t.

Nobody needs a job. Not much, anyway. Before you need a job, there's a lot of other stuff you need. More or less in order of how badly you need them: AIR, WATER, FOOD, SHELTER, CLOTHING, COMPANIONSHIP, and ACTIVITY. You've been led to believe you need money to "pay" someone else to provide those for you - all but AIR, so far. How long is it going to be before you have to "pay" for AIR, too?

There is IDE for making autoit GUI scripts. Look at Koda

Yah, I seed this. Not tried yet, but seed it.

Howsomever... SCIte is plenty good so far, and it was to that I was referring. If I get into a whole lot of guiing, I plan on looking into the others.

See... as far as I know (and remember, we're talking mostly *n*x here) Perl and PHP have no ide's, they're all hand-rolled... as a matter of fact, I was hand-rolling some Perl code earlier today, to check a WAN address and compare it against the last time it was checked, and if it changes, update a DNS server with the new IP...

The lack of an ide doesn't distress me hugely, because my first task using a computer involved teaching myself to use an IBM 026 keypunch machine so I could punch out a few hundred tab cards of assembly language code, and things have been pretty much all gravity-fed downhill running from there.

Thanks for the heads-up.

• 2 months later...

Hello,

can i set a hyperlink on a picture ??

Do you mean to add the URL text to the image or just follow a link if the picture is clicked?

George

Question about decompiling code? Read the decompiling FAQ and don't bother posting the question in the forums.

Be sure to read and follow the forum rules. -AKA the AutoIt Reading and Comprehension Skills test.***

The PCRE (Regular Expression) ToolKit for AutoIT - (Updated Oct 20, 2011 ver:3.0.1.13) - Please update your current version before filing any bug reports. The installer now includes both 32 and 64 bit versions. No change in version number.

Visit my Blog .. currently not active but it will soon be resplendent with news and views. Also please remove any links you may have to my website. it is soon to be closed and replaced with something else.

"Old age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!"