Sending A Script

ok I need to know, if I make a script turn it into a exe or compile it, and then send it to people I want it to work without them having to download autoit, there must be something in the autoit folder that runs everything I could add the whole folder, but I don't want any uneeded files, I want it to be small to put it in a ... say floppy, although scripts don't take up much the autoit folder would. well at first I thoguht there was a way to run scripts with out including the autoit folder, but my step bro need to download it, and same with his dad, but my friend didn't need to, atleast I don't think he had it.

Thanks in advance

post the script that didnt work on their comp

; Press Esc to terminate script, Pause/Break to "pause"

Global $Paused
HotKeySet("{PAUSE}", "TogglePause")
HotKeySet("{NUMPAD9}", "Terminate")
HotKeySet("+!d", "ShowMessage");Shift-Alt-d

;;;; Body of program would go here;;;;
MsgBox(64, "Done.", "©2006 - John Matthews push shift-alt-d for help.")
While 1
If WinExists("Diablo II") Then
    HotKeySet("{Space}", "close")
Else
    ToolTip( "The game isn´t running!",0,0)
;Exit(0)
EndIf
    Sleep(100)
WEnd

;;;; Functions

Func Close()
    Send("!{F4}")
EndFunc

Func TogglePause()
    $Paused = NOT $Paused
    While $Paused
        sleep(100)
        HotKeySet("{Space}")
        ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0)
    WEnd
    ToolTip("")
EndFunc

Func Terminate()
    Exit 0
EndFunc

Func ShowMessage()
    MsgBox(4096,"","©2006 - John Matthews help topic; 1 push NUMPAD9 to shut the script off... 2 push pause to turn the script on/off if on space = log out if off space = chat with out getting booted... 3 shift-alt-d for this help topic.")
EndFunc

that was the first one I send them since all of us like diablo :think:

Thanks in advance

for one i found an error with ur hotkeyset u didnt tell ti where to go when space was pressed

While $Paused
        sleep(100)
        HotKeySet("{Space}")
        ToolTip('Script is "Paused"',0,0)
    WEnd
    ToolTip("")
yes I know I kept it like that so it logs out of diablo then I hit 3 more times to shut off the maphack(cheat) , shut off my music, and it shuts off the script :think: I could use terminate hotkey but space is faster :(
Thanks in advance

So what happens when they try to run it? Does it do anything or nothing at all?

Tried to send them a few other simpler programs? maybee a porgram with a simple msgbox in it?

How odd. The size of your exe is >180kb ?

I know that Norton Internet security will block some programs and don't lett them run (without telling the owner). Could this be the situation?

• Moderators

How odd. The size of your exe is >180kb ?

I know that Norton Internet security will block some programs and don't lett them run (without telling the owner). Could this be the situation?

MsgBox(64, 'Test', 'Testing')
That one line compiled to 180kb's on mine...

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

It makes sense when you think about what it is doing. The compiled .exe is basically just the Autoit executable(180k) + your script (whatever size) all crammed together into one file.

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]

yep as long as you compile it with the beta compiler

[u]Helpful tips:[/u]If you want better answers to your questions, take the time to reproduce your issue in a small "stand alone" example script whenever possible. Also, make sure you tell us 1) what you tried, 2) what you expected to happen, and 3) what happened instead.[u]Useful links:[/u]BrettF's update to LxP's "How to AutoIt" pdfValuater's Autoit 1-2-3 Download page for the latest versions of Autoit and SciTE[quote]<glyph> For example - if you came in here asking "how do I use a jackhammer" we might ask "why do you need to use a jackhammer"<glyph> If the answer to the latter question is "to knock my grandmother's head off to let out the evil spirits that gave her cancer", then maybe the problem is actually unrelated to jackhammers[/quote]