Clean It 2

raedts

Here is code that will clean your Windows 2000, XP, Server 2000, and Server 2003...You're free to use, edit, change, improve, thrash, trash, or whatever...

I call it SystemClean.exe

If $CmdLine[0] = 1 Then RunWait("CleanMgr /sageset:777")
RunWait("CleanMgr /sagerun:777")

...Uses Microsoft's CleanMgr.exe

...Syntax...SystemClean.exe == Executes with your saved settings

...Syntax...SystemClean.exe Setup == allows you to create/save settings then executes

...It may lockup the first time you use it. Depends on if you ever used Microsoft's CleanMgr.exe before

Here's a tip for non-server systems; you can delete the registry key on your computer to stop compressing old files. Makes the program run much faster too.

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\VolumeCaches\CompressOldFiles

My opinion is; those who don't post source code don't belong here. I'm with Valuater on this one!!!

I completly forgot about cleanmgr being able to be used for this and did not know it accepts command line paraments. Great job in working this out

cleanmgr paraments

Edited by Adam1213

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to add my 2 cents in here....

I too at one time didn't like the idea of posting my code due to the thought of it being "reused". What I realized is that if the work you do is helpful, and you give credit to others when they help, it will come back to you. So you found someone used a section of your code to build a program. This isn't a big deal. You know it's yours, and maybe, they redid it to make it better. You could in turn and use their method to improve your code, and give them credit in the process. You build friendships, people you can turn to when you have a coding problem, and they can turn to you whn they have a coding problem. Its how everyone learns better ways to code.

I agree with this. I too had an issue giving out my source to my front end wrapper for my Apple Ipod Ejector just for the fact of people taking it and releasing it before I did but I don't worry now. It is better to contribute and help others than having held onto the source and it never being used or helpful to anyone. :)

I personally think it's really low of all of you to be calling names and putting him down like this, I honestly thought this community had better standards than this...guess not, all you people, along with sardith, disappoint me and bring shame to an otherwise helpful and positive community. If you don't have something to contribute other than your negative putdowns and name calling go somewhere else.

Edited by Neoborn

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

So I take it that you think it's your job to be as much of an axxhole as possible to him? Do you add to the forum / community by being this way with others? You couldn't pm him and guide him? Show him a higher way?.... lol ....guess not eh! You are what you are.

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

So I take it that you think it's your job to be as much of an axxhole as possible to him? Do you add to the forum / community by being this way with others? You couldn't pm him and guide him? Show him a higher way?.... lol ....guess not eh! You are what you are.

Show him a higher way?

kinda like your avitar does???

8)

NEWHeader1.png

I'm not going to be nice to a douche bag who rips off other peoples work , and then has the nerve to put you agree to never try to dissasemble this script in any way , seriously it was really never his prog to start with

Whats up with people calling others a douche bag? That makes me want to smack them in the face with forest tree.

Pronounced Mayth-ricks.

Well... I looked at the clean it 2, (i was very reluctant because I wasn't sure if it would screw my computer) I think it works... but I saw a few things that were slightly humerous, such as the updater is a sleep(9999) and how on the website it has Q & As and it seems like you're trying to make the user out to know nothing about computers, and the thing on the left side that shows comments could easily have been made up "/. I think some of you went a bit far with the flaming... but honestly, raedits you probably shouldn't be so paranoid about people stealing your work... it's free anyway, but if it cost money on your site then you would have a reason to not release the source code. Well, that's all i have to say!

I feel the need to insert my 2 cents here. There has been entirely too much flaming.

Anyone at anytime can take an open source program package it as they see fit, and then CLOSE the source and SELL it. They cannot sell the source as their own, but they can sell the PACKAGE. Study up on the GPL and LGPL.

Just because his program is simple, and doesnt do much doesnt mean its not useful. I have created a script in the past that manipulated Ad-Aware and Spybot S&D. It was quite useful, and guess what both those programs were free!

Should he release the source? Well that should be totally up to him. Badgering him and telling him that he is stupid for not doing so is merely your negative opinion.

Do I think the source should be released? Its not a matter of should. I think as a common courtesy that I would IF I were HIM, but that doesnt mean he should. That just means I would.

I understand some of you guys are young and flaming is fun, and sometimes it is funny even to me. The thing that you need to understand is that everyone should be here to help. ENCOURAGE not discourage. Help! He never once said that you guys should download his program and LIKE it. He just asked that some people try it.

I would recommend cooling off before posting any more flames on him or anyone else for that matter. Everyone starts somewhere. Whether its a "smart start" or not is all relative to who is looking at it.

IMHO,

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Show him a higher way?

kinda like your avitar does???

8)

Yes, I tried many times through a post to reason with Sardith but in the end his retardedness won out. I still think there is hope but we'll have to see. From what I have seen here there was no attempt at all by most to help him / guide him but in the end a select few chose to put him down and show how unfriendly they can be.

It's a shame. :)

• 3 months later...

Okay i know this topic is getting older, but i am making progress i am going to create version 0.70.

People who think i am a *** by not releasing the source code take a look at www.hitmanpro.nl he even replaced the donation buttons of some of his programs with his own...

Anyway, to answer the questions of Mr.Llama:

Q: Why is the updater is a sleep(9999)

A: The updater isn't a sleep(9999), if you look at the name of the exe file: updatenot.exe, this is update notification, it's replaced in the new version by a simple splashtext.

Q: how on the website it has Q & As and it seems like you're trying to make the user out to know nothing about computers,

A: True, it's just verry bad formulated in English :)

Q: And the thing on the left side that shows comments could easily have been made up

A: They are from some testers, with version 0.70 i will clear them.

Ps. i am thinking about releasing the source code for those who just had to insult me over it... i hope they can go and go further with there lives.

Edited by raedts

Oyeah btw, thnx thatsgreat2345 for making me look like a n00b,

that is funny....Sleep(99999) instead of real code to check for an update!

nice updater Noob

he is a big NOOB

thatsgreat2345 posted the source of the wait window instaid of the source of the real updater, here it goes..

Its the old one, if i post 0.70 the new one will be in there!

THIS is my updater:

$nieuweversie = 0
run("updatenot.exe")
Local $verini = 'http://members2.home.nl/famraedts/cleanit2/ver.ini';site with the newest ver.ini (containing the current ver)
Local $ping = Ping('www.google.com', 250);Website to ping to check if internet access is available
ConsoleWrite("Ping: " & $ping)
;Ja Er is een update
If $ping > 0 Then;If has internet access
    InetGet($verini, @ScriptDir & "\Data\ver.ini", 1);Download the newest version info
    If IniRead(@ScriptDir & '\Data\ver.ini', 'Version', 'FileVer', 'Not Found') > IniRead(@ScriptDir & '\Data\version.ini', 'Version', 'FileVer', 'Not Found') Then;Check if the current version is outdated
        ;SplashOff();Spalsh Screens off
        ;SplashTextOn("NEW VERSION", "A newer version has been found! Please download it from our website: www.cleanit2.nl.tt");Inform user that the program will now update
;Sleep(5000);Wait 2.5 seconds
        ;SplashOff();Splash Screens off
        ;RunWait('update.exe', @ScriptDir);Run the update tool
       ;Close the program so it can be updated
        $nieuweversie = 1
    Else
        FileDelete(@ScriptDir & '\Data\ver.ini');If the version is not outdated, delete the ver.ini
    EndIf
EndIf;End Auto updater
ProcessClose ("updatenot.exe")
Edited by raedts

Don't worry about making source secure, I have the 3 fdecoms that are out. Any version pretty much anyone who has google can get them in a few seconds.

Try obfuscating it. Smoke_N has made one. Try it.

And stop screwing a community that has done nothing but help you it is way to stupid.

As for you being a noob, it is true, but we were all there. I think the flashing light is more your immaturity about these things.

My $0.02!

AutoIt Smith