Ie.au3 T2.0 Internet Explorer Automation Library

DaleHohm

Attitude ... and you still wish to be assisted ? ...

As Big_Dady states... post you problem were it belongs and relax ......

I'm relaxed...

I just wanted to make visible the answear to your question. Because it's a pertinent one.

It's that wrong? Sorry.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

To be clear, there is nothing wrong with the library.

There are frames on the page you reference, so you must drill down to the frame before you can access the form (each frame is a unique document). First clue is the _IEGetObjByName, $_IEStatus_NoMatch (there was no match looking for an object called "auth").

Take a look at the examples for _IEFormGetObjByName and see how far you can get. I'd suggest opening a thread in V3 Support to take this further and there are quite a few people well versed in IE.au3 that are more likely to help you there.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

I figured out the problem when you respond me. But what about the problem with the checkboxes?

This is my last question. I promess.

Sorry, no more point-issue support here please.

Start a topic in V3 Support as we asked before. Others will benefit from the discussion and resolution there and no one will find it here.

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Yes new support tread, and I will help out also when possible. This is a great UDF, never thought it would go this far.

Btw dale, I finally figure a work around on the image thing. Anyway thanks. Also I believe there are few more thing we can still add to make this udf better, a suggestion or discussion tread be nice too. :D

Sorry, no more point-issue support here please.

Start a topic in V3 Support as we asked before. Others will benefit from the discussion and resolution there and no one will find it here.

Dale

So, because you make a UDF (not big deal) you think that you are the king of the universe and you can decide if someone can help who you want when you want?

Ok. Nevermind.

:wacko::D

• Developers

So, because you make a UDF (not big deal) you think that you are the king of the universe and you can decide if someone can help who you want when you want?

Ok. Nevermind.

:wacko::D

This is clearly uncalled for !

You clearly have no idea what the hell you are talking about and whats involved in writing a UDF library like this.

As far as Iam concerned you are now the proud owner of the "arrogant bastard" label :D

Edited by JdeB

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Gotta laugh...

@Juanse, just drop the attitude and pose your question in the V3 Support forum. We have our reasons for requesting this and to be honest, it doesn't matter if you understand or agree with them -- if you want help you'll do as we suggest.

Dale

This is clearly uncalled for !

You clearly have no idea what the hell you are talking about and whats involed in writing a UDF library like this.

As far as Iam concerned you are now the proud owner of the "arrogant bastard" label :D

"You clearly have no idea what the hell you are talking about".

There is a lot of good information in this thread and I'd hate to see it get diluted with a continuation of this squabble. Hopefully that is the end of it and newcomers can resist the urge to enter the fray.

Thanks.

Dale

Question about the function _IEFormElementCheckboxSelect

I looked at the source to gather info about the checkbox, but it indicates that name but no value for the checkbox. how would I go about selecting it. Only 1 checkbox. Here's the sniplet from the source.

<Input Type=Checkbox Name=cbMarkKeyExportable ID=cbMarkKeyExportable onclick="handleMarkExport(false);"><Label For=cbMarkKeyExportable ID=locMarkExportLabel>Mark keys as exportable</Label>

Thanks in advance

Question about the function _IEFormElementCheckboxSelect

I looked at the source to gather info about the checkbox, but it indicates that name but no value for the checkbox. how would I go about selecting it. Only 1 checkbox. Here's the sniplet from the source.

<Input Type=Checkbox Name=cbMarkKeyExportable ID=cbMarkKeyExportable onclick="handleMarkExport(false);"><Label For=cbMarkKeyExportable ID=locMarkExportLabel>Mark keys as exportable</Label>

Thanks in advance

This would be a GREAT question to ask in the V3 Support Forum. There has actually been very little discussion of these Checkbox|Radio|Select functions and I know they can be confusing.

Please move the discussion to V3 Support where others can benefit as well instead of being lost on page 14 of this post.

Thanks,

Dale

p.s. Yours is an unfortunate choice of signin names here on this forum. There is already a big_daddy who is very active. Perhaps since this is only your 4th post you would consider creating a new account with a different name?

This would be a GREAT question to ask in the V3 Support Forum. There has actually been very little discussion of these Checkbox|Radio|Select functions and I know they can be confusing.

Please move the discussion to V3 Support where others can benefit as well instead of being lost on page 14 of this post.

Thanks,

Dale

p.s. Yours is an unfortunate choice of signin names here on this forum. There is already a big_daddy who is very active. Perhaps since this is only your 4th post you would consider creating a new account with a different name?

Thanks ... I will move it there for a larger discussion

Your question is still not very clear to me, but I'll give you some food for thought.

When you use _IEDocWriteHTML, when the function completes IE will parse the HTML and display it just as if it had been a page that was navigated to (there are some cases I've seen, like writing frames, that a refresh must be performed - _IEAction($oIE, "refresh")) -- so you can freely use hyperlinks or any HTML.

So, it appears that your question is really how can your application intercept a click event and then take action based upon that event? You're right, this is not functionality in IE.au3 today (I need to balance simplicity with functionality... there is so much that CAN be done I had to draw a line). You can do it with AutoIt in combination with IE.au3 however.

To capture the event of an object being clicked, you need to use the AutoIt ObjEvent function. There are not a lot of examples of this in the forum, but a search will net you a few (you'll actully find quite a few matches for error handlers, but few for actual event processing).

I'm revisiting this and wanted to discuss it a little more thanks for the responce. Idealy this is waht I want to do as since I'm using ie to display data it would be more visually apealing than the option below. However I have to admit I have no idea were to start regarding this.

I'd suggest that you use <BUTTON> element instead of a link (<a href=>) because you are not actually wanting the browser to take action for you after a click, but rather you want to trap and process it.

If your HTML contains the following:

<button id=myButton value=NextChapter>

You could have AutoIt code like the following:

$oMyButton = _IEGetObjByName($oIE, "myButton")
$oEvtMyButton = ($oMyButton, "IEEvent_")

; do some stuff

Func IEEvent_onclick()
    ; take your actions based on the button click in here
EndFunc

Dale

Edit: typos

I think I understand this ok but if I want to have more than one link/button per page whould I simply trap the button info somehow in the IEEvent_onclick function?

One last thing. I think I understand that ie.au3 can get form data and so that is not an issue but and here is the other thing. Should the above method of using buttons and intercepting the clicks also be able to pull the form data and then use it for a search quiery for instance?

• Moderators

I'm revisiting this and wanted to discuss it a little more thanks for the responce. Idealy this is waht I want to do as since I'm using ie to display data it would be more visually apealing than the option below. However I have to admit I have no idea were to start regarding this.

I think I understand this ok but if I want to have more than one link/button per page whould I simply trap the button info somehow in the IEEvent_onclick function?

One last thing. I think I understand that ie.au3 can get form data and so that is not an issue but and here is the other thing. Should the above method of using buttons and intercepting the clicks also be able to pull the form data and then use it for a search quiery for instance?

Please open a new topic in the support forum and I will gladly help.

Hi

i have this problem :)

i cant close this alert windows automatically!!!!!!!

I use this code:

$res = WinWait(WinGetTitle("protezione"),2)
        if($res <> 0) then
            WinActivate(WinGetTitle("protezione"))
            WinWaitActive(WinGetTitle("protezione"))
            Send("{ENTER}")
        EndIf

Posted Image

Thanks for help! :whistle:

Console Browse: Navigate on the WEB in a textual consoleMultiPing!: Show computer on the lan and/or show the local/remote task, ALL animated!KillaWin: Event executingCryptPage: Crypt your webpage and show only with key

The code is correct? :whistle:

I'll vent a bit first and then give you a hint...

- your question has nothing to do with IE.au3, so please use V3 Support forum

- it is not a good idea to ask for point-issue support on page 15 of a general post this this, please use the V3 Support forum

- please don't clutter the forum with bumps - particularly after only 2 hours

Now the hint - take a look at the Opt command and WinTitleMatchMode. There may be other things wrong with your code, but start there. Please do not reply to this post - go to the V3 Support forum.

Dale