Neoborn

Set Exe Version Information Etc?

13 posts in this topic

I have searched the helpfile etc for how to set the executables version information etc but cannot see how....any help?

You know when you right click on a .exe it will tell you version, date, creator etc?

Thanks....sorry for such a simple minded question :) am noob.

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

My new _GetExpProperty UDF located here:

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=25859

Will get the file version information. I'll look into setting those things properties tomorrow.

AutoIt Scripts:Aimbot: Proof of Concept - PixelSearching Aimbot with several search/autoshoot/lock-on techniques.Sliding Toolbar - Add a nice Sliding Toolbar to your next script. Click the link to see an animation of it in action!FontInfo UDF - Get list of system fonts, or search to see if a particular font is installed.Get Extended Property UDF - Retrieve a files extended properties (e.g., video/image dimensions, file version, bitrate of song/video, etc)

K I don't want to get them but give them :) I want to set them for my file and have them show what I want when people right click my exe made in Autoit.

~Projects~1. iPod Ejector 1.0 - Tool Used To Eject iPod in Windows - Uses DevEject.exe :P2. SmartFTP Close Popup Tool - Closes reminders from freeware SmartFTP.~Helpful Links For New Users~1. LXP's Learning AutoIT PDF Guide - <<< Go here for a PDF Guide on learning AutoIT from the ground up!<<<2. AutoIt 1-2-3 <<<Want to learn more about AutoIT quickly? Go Here<<<3. How To Install The Beta And Production Versions Of AutoIT / SciteAutoIT

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

Hello,

Whu not use the Region Compiler directives ?

#Region Compiler directives section
    #Compiler_Prompt = n
    #Compiler_Icon = c:\windows\profiles\Groumphy\Desktop\Perso\Avalon_Icons\longhorn4074 027-6.ico; the Icon !
    #Compiler_Compression = 2
    #Compiler_Allow_Decompile = y
    #Compiler_PassPhrase =
    #Compiler_Res_Comment = Here the comment on the software
    #Compiler_Res_Description = Description of EXE
    #Compiler_Res_Fileversion = 0.0.0.0; here come the version !
    #Compiler_Res_LegalCopyright = GNU GPL v2; The licence
    #Compiler_Res_Field1Name = Made By
    #Compiler_Res_Field1Value = Groumphy
    #Compiler_Res_Field2Name = Email
    #Compiler_res_Field2Value = groumphy@gmail.com
    #Compiler_Res_Field=Release Date|22/04/2006  ;Free format fieldname|fieldvalue
    #Compiler_Res_Field=Update Date|10/05/2006  ;Free format fieldname|fieldvalue
    #Compiler_Run_AU3Check = y
#EndRegion

But, same of Wouter, ResHacker much be installed.

G.

Edited by Groumphy

----------------------GroumphyMore information about me [Fr]

Where do you find this information? I do not see it in the helpfile.

Hello,

I've study the "guru" script of the forum... For sample AutoUpdateIt.au3, UpdateDef.au3, CSnippet.au3, etc. and I've try it on a simple compiled MsgBox !

G.

----------------------GroumphyMore information about me [Fr]

Autoit3Wrapper (formerly CompileAu3) is a script that is supplied with the SciTE4AutoIt3 installer.

It can do what you request...

http://www.autoitscript.com/autoit3/scite/...oIt3Wrapper.htm

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

It's in the HelpFile for SCITE (and not for AutoIt)

Try to use Ctrl+F1 in SCITE then go to Extra utilities/CompileAU3

It's in the HelpFile for SCITE (and not for AutoIt)

Try to use Ctrl+F1 in SCITE then go to Extra utilities/CompileAU3

This is in the latest release:

Try to use Ctrl+F1 in SCITE then go to Extra utilities/AutoIt3Wrapper

Visit the SciTE4AutoIt3 Download page for the latest versions        Beta files                                                          Forum Rules

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.

I tried the above options but it is giving the default version 0.0.0.0 instead the one we give,

I hope you have seen the date on the topic your replied too?
What about giving a little more details than this? ;)

So:

• What are you trying to do exactly?
  • Show me the total SciTE output pane information when you do a Compile(F7) so I can see what is happening.

Jos

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.