Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Anaxibius

Conditional Keystrokes Or Mouse Movements?

2 posts in this topic

#1 ·  Posted (edited)

I am looking for a way to monitor windows during an installation so that I can send keystrokes whenever a specific window appears. Basically I need to wait for a window that asks whether or not I want to keep existing files or not and then send a Yes click to the window. Once another window appears(the end of the installation) I want to end whatever logic is looking for the previously mentioned repeating window. I can do all of the clicking, but the number of times that the window appears is variable, so I can't do a record. I am not sure how to loop through a routine until the finish your install window appears.

Any ideas?

Edited by Anaxibius

I am looking for a way to monitor windows during an installation so that I can send keystrokes whenever a specific window appears. Basically I need to wait for a window that asks whether or not I want to keep existing files or not and then send a Yes click to the window. Once another window appears(the end of the installation) I want to end whatever logic is looking for the previously mentioned repeating window. I can do all of the clicking, but the number of times that the window appears is variable, so I can't do a record. I am not sure how to loop through a routine until the finish your install window appears.

Any ideas?

HI,

PseudoCode...

what about about looping until the WinExists("installation complete") condition is true?

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times