trying to convert a batch script to au3

I have a batch script I wrote to help in ejecting my usb device from my xp machine. And with the below batch code it works just fine. But I would rather use a autoit script as autoit will produce much prettier looking dialogs then a dos batch window.

my current batch script it below. what AutoIt code can I use to produce the same results as the below batch script?

eject.cmd:

@Echo off
goto eject

:eject
removedrive.exe "SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Device"
if errorlevel 0 goto end
if errorlevel 1 goto procexp

:procexp
start %usbdrive%\eject\procexp.exe

:end
reg delete "HKCU\Environment" /v usbdrive /f
echo.
echo You may now safley unplug the "SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Device"
echo.
pause
exit

thanks for any help anyone can provide.

MrChris

Not sure of %usbdrive%, as if the system allocates this env. variable. Not sure of exitcode result, but have taken a chance of output.

This may help to get you started.

$exitcode = RunWait('removedrive.exe "SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Device"')
If $exitcode = 0 Then
    end()
ElseIf $exitcode = 1 Then
    procexp()
EndIf

Exit

Func procexp()
    RunWait(@ComSpec & ' /c start %usbdrive%\eject\procexp.exe', '', @SW_HIDE)
EndFunc

Func end()
    If RegDelete('HKCU\Environment', 'usbdrive') = 1 Then
        MsgBox(0, '', 'You may now safely unplug the "SanDisk Cruzer Micro USB Device"')
    EndIf
EndFunc

:)

After reading through the help on EnvSet it doesnt look like it is possible to set a env var to such as %cd% to set the var of that the current dir is? in a dos batch file I would just run setx.exe abcdefghi %cd% and if the batch file is run from C:\test then the env var abcdefghi is set to C:\.

If I put RunWait('setx.exe abcdefghi %cd%', '', @SW_HIDE) in a blank au3 file it set the var as %cd% rather than a valid drive\path.

Edited by MrChris

After reading through the help on EnvSet it doesnt look like it is possible to set a env var to such as %cd% to set the var of that the current dir is? in a dos batch file I would just run setx.exe abcdefghi %cd% and if the batch file is run from C:\test then the env var abcdefghi is set to C:\.

If I put RunWait('setx.exe abcdefghi %cd%', '', @SW_HIDE) in a blank au3 file it set the var as %cd% rather than a valid drive\path.

Your confusing me with what you need :D .

In DOS, you would use PUSHD to store the current firectory and change current directory. Then use POPD to return to previous current directory. If C:\test is the current directory, then abcdefghi would equal C:\test if I'm not mistaken.

Now EnvSet will set a environment variable, much like what you set in a cmd file for tempory use. EnvSet will last for the life of the script.

SetX is a commandline tool to permanently set a environment variable. This is different to the above 2 items yet again as is written permanently to registry.

I'm going to guess as you mention last of SetX, of wanting a permanent environment variable.

This is what I use to do this

; Example of creating %SendTo% for the userprofile

_Variable('User', 'SendTo', '%UserProfile%\SendTo')

Func _Variable($type, $key, $value)
    ; adds a permanent environment variable.
    Local $environment
    Switch $type
        Case 'System'
            $environment = 'HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Environment'
        Case 'User'
            $environment = 'HKCU\Environment'
        Case Else
            Return
    EndSwitch
    If Not RegRead($environment, $key) Then
        If RegWrite($environment, $key, 'Reg_Expand_sz', $value) Then EnvUpdate()
    EndIf
EndFunc