network stuff collecting IP info

I'm trying to run an IPconfig on a romote computer on our little network using the PStools here.. I can do it from the command line easy enough.. but with autoit seems like it's bailing. Right now it's not running the script due to something it doesn't like in the part that is supposed to copy the file from their computer to mine.

;send ipconfig request to selected computer
    run ( @ComSpec & "psexec \\" & $data & "ipconfig /all c:/ip.txt", , @SW_HIDE)

;copy the file to a local folder
    FileCopy("\\" & $data & \c$\ip.txt", "c:\*.*")

;open the file   
     $file = FileOpen("c:/ip.txt", 0)

there is the code I've made perhaps someone could find where I went wrong?

thanks

just to mention.. the $data is fed in from a command box so that the user can specify which computer he wants the info from.

Edited by cowsmanaut

It would help if you gave us all of your code.

You have a lot of syntax errors, also $Data is undeclared.

But..

run ( @ComSpec & "psexec \\" & $data & "ipconfig /all c:/ip.txt", @SW_HIDE)

FileCopy("\\" & $data & "\c$\ip.txt", "c:\*.*")

;open the file  

[font="Verdana"]Valik:Get it straight - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.[/font]

the rest of the code works and I've tested it on the local machine. $data is declared earlier in the script as the input for the name of the machine.

ie $data = computer01

so I'm expecting it to:

\\ $data \c$\ip.txt

=

\\computer01\c$\ip.txt

It's now choking at the \c$ which is windows way of saying go to the C:\\ drive on the networked computer.. the automatic share name is c$.

So, here's the whole code as requested..

#include <GuiConstants.au3>

; Create the GUI window and controls
GuiCreate("IP Get", 191, 157,(@DesktopWidth-191)/2, (@DesktopHeight-157)/2)
$Label_1 = GuiCtrlCreateLabel("Select", 30, 40, 131, 21, 0x1000)
$Combo_2 = GuiCtrlCreateCombo("", 30, 60, 130, 21)
GuiCtrlSetData($combo_2, "digi01|dig02|digi03|digi04|digi05|dig06|digi07|digi08|digi09|digi10|dig11|digi12|digi13|dig14|di
gi15|digi16|digi17|dig18|digi19|digi20|digi21|digi22")
$button1 = GuiCtrlCreateButton("Get IP", 30, 90, 130, 20)

; Run the GUI until it is closed
GuiSetState()
While 1
    $msg = GuiGetMsg()
    Select
    Case $msg = $GUI_EVENT_CLOSE
        ExitLoop

;Takes the information from changed button to
;Communicate with selected computer
    Case $msg = $button1
      $data = GUICtrlRead($Combo_2)

run ( @ComSpec & "psexec \\" & $data & "ipconfig /all c:/ip.txt", @SW_HIDE)

FileCopy("\\" & $data & "\c$\ip.txt", "c:\*.*")

;open the file   

; Check if file opened for reading OK
        If $file = -1 Then
            MsgBox(0, "Error", "Unable to open file.")
            Exit
        EndIf

; Read in lines 29 and 35

$chara = FileReadLine($file, 29)
    If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop    
    $charb = FileReadLine($file, 35)
    If @error = -1 Then ExitLoop
    MsgBox(0, $data, $data & " information:" & @cr  & @cr  & $chara & @cr & $charb)

FileClose($file)

EndSelect
WEnd
Exit

I doubt that will make it any more clear.. as the error is local to this specific set of actions which is appart from the rest of the functions of the script... but there it is :D

Edited by cowsmanaut

Psexec should be at the same folder as the running script. Did you try my suggestion this is right off the help file

To run DOS (console) commands, try Run(@ComSpec & " /c " & 'commandName', "", @SW_HIDE)

Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

actually.. I think it's choking on PSexec .. which is in the same folder as the script.. where should it be?

yes definitely the program as I made the changes you suggest but still doesn't run.. yet I was missing some things .. like a space in front of IPconfig and I was missing the > before c:\ip.txt

I tested it in the command prompt manually and it works..

psexec \\digi02 ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt

but from the script it says cannot execute external program, path not specified.

run ( @ComSpec & "/c psexec \\" & $data & " ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt", @SW_HIDE)

moo

Edited by cowsmanaut

There are two thing that you can do:

1) run ( @ComSpec & "/c psexec \\" & $data & " ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

2) $PsexecPath = FileGetShortName(@ScriptDir)

run ( $PsexecPath & "\psexec.exe \\" & $data & " ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt", @SW_HIDE)

Note: you can also check your syntax by changing /c for /k and @SW_HIDE for @SW_SHOW ones you are happy with the output switched back to /c and SW_HIDE.

run ( @ComSpec & "/k psexec \\" & $data & " ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt", @SW_SHOW)

Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

just tried even doing this in CMD

C:\au3_tool\psexec.exe \\digi02 ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt

and it worked.. and yet..

run ( @comspec & "C:\au3_tool\psexec.exe \\digi02 ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt")

this will not.. nor will

run ( @comspec & "/c C:\au3_tool\psexec.exe \\digi02 ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt")

nor

runwait ( @comspec & "C:\au3_tool\psexec.exe \\digi02 ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt")

what is wrong here???!!! I'm going crazy.. everything seems right but it won't work :D

edit

woah.. you just posted... checking..

Edited by cowsmanaut

ok tried your directory stuff

run ( @ComSpec & "/c psexec \\" & $data & " ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE)

still the same error for both.. keeps complaining about

"Error: can not execute external program. The system can not find the path specified"

I used this program once before in an older AU3 script and it did work.. I had done this :

run ( @comspec & "c:\au3_tool\psexec \\digi"& $digi &" -i c:\au3_test\caphost.exe")

and $digi was defined as a 01, 02, 03, etc by radio buttons on the GUI. it worked fine.. yet now this thing refuses to work. I have no idea what is going on

Sorry cowsmanaut but, I run out of idea, just a long shot I notice c:/ip.txt instead of c:\ip.txt

run ( @ComSpec & "/c psexec \\" & $data & " ipconfig /all > c:\ip.txt", @ScriptDir, @SW_HIDE

may be that is the path that can not be found....

was hunting through and found annother reference to the comspec in a recent post.. using @systemdir .. so I changed my request based on that to :

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & @ScriptDir & "psexec \\" & $data & " ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt", '', @SW_HIDE)

and now it doesn't give an error about the program.. however it now makes a blank Ip.txt ... so it seems to run the command but it doesn't execute correctly.

I'm wondering.. is it perhaps an administrative issue? Does the command use the current active users access or just the systems own access? Am I just taking stabs in the dark?

I can feel it... almost there.. :S

I can't remember all psexec switches but if you don't use -u it will use current active users access, also try running your script with /k and @SW_SHOW so you can see the output at the command prompt window I think you are missing a backslash \

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c ' & @ScriptDir & "\psexec \\" & $data & " ipconfig /all > c:\ip.txt", '', @SW_HIDE)

tried adding the slash.. I also used the /k and @SW_Show and I get a window that just shows that it is indeed at the scripts dir.. however no command is shown..

The end result is yet again a 0k text file :S

so close I can taste it.

ok.. still going nuts here... decided.. ok what the heck.. get rid of the network aspect and just try it locally

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k ' & @ScriptDir & "ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt", '', @SW_SHOW)

this also produces a blank txt file..

is this something with the ipconfig command??? can anyone at least get *THIS* to work?

Run('C:\windows\system32\cmd.exe /k C:\Program Files\AutoIt v3ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt')

is that what you want ?

you just want

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt')

AFAIK

Edited by w0uter

My UDF's:;mem stuff_Mem;ftp stuff_FTP ( OLD );inet stuff_INetGetSource ( OLD )_INetGetImage _INetBrowse ( Collection )_EncodeUrl_NetStat_Google;random stuff_iPixelSearch_DiceRoll

thanks.. some how you gave me the perspective I needed to understand what I was messing up over and over again.. I was using

" instead of '

Run(@ComSpec & ' /k c:\au3_tool\psexec \\' & $data & ' ipconfig /all > c:/ip.txt', '', @SW_SHOW)

the above works now every time.

silly little things.. almost invisible..

thank you both for all your help

cheers