How 2 change the title of the entire files from a directory.

I'm new in Autoit. I need it urgently.

My Objective:

To change the title of the entire .rpt file from a directory.

Procedure might be:

1. Search the entire .rpt file from a specific directory.-- [The directory is where the script will be kept.]

2. For each of the file go to its Properties and then Summary tab.-- [I'm using windows XP]

3. Change the Title and click on Ok button.-- [It will be nice if we can copy the title from a text file and just paste it.]

* I will appreciate any new algorithm and implementation.

I'm new in Autoit. I need it urgently.

My Objective:

To change the title of the entire .rpt file from a directory.

Procedure might be:

1. Search the entire .rpt file from a specific directory.-- [The directory is where the script will be kept.]

2. For each of the file go to its Properties and then Summary tab.-- [I'm using windows XP]

3. Change the Title and click on Ok button.-- [It will be nice if we can copy the title from a text file and just paste it.]

* I will appreciate any new algorithm and implementation.

Why don't you try to move the file? If you call it something else before it hits the destination directory, and then move it back. Would that not accomplish what you are trying to do? Similar technique involved in linux.

I'm new in Autoit. I need it urgently...

Welcome to the forums.

Maybe a "DLL guru" could help figure this one out... if not, there are some messy ways that this could be coded - simulating what a human would do... but let's wait and see if a better method comes along first.

[size="1"][font="Arial"].[u].[/u][/font][/size]

Welcome to the forums.

Maybe a "DLL guru" could help figure this one out... if not, there are some messy ways that this could be coded - simulating what a human would do... but let's wait and see if a better method comes along first.

Really, i've not enough time in my hand. Please tell the messy way. . . .

Hi,

could you please upload an rpt file so that I can test it. I think there should be a workaround. :D

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times