MysteryWord

byteme

Hi everybody! I have asked some questions in the forum on how to do some things in a script I was writing just for fun at work and I see that big_daddy has made a fun Hangman game kinda based on it (which I think is really nice!). I thought I would post my MysteryWord game out just to see what people think of it. Mind you, my scripting isn't nearly as good as anybody here in the forum, but it was fun to do this anyway. I am attaching all the files in a zip file, but I know many (most) people are not really willing to trust people right away so I can post the files separate (there are over 10 files if I include the sounds. I can post just the codes if wanted).

I'm sure there are a few bugs, and many different\easier ways to do what I did, but it works!

let me know what you think, ok? Thanks everybody!

Byteme

MysteryWord.zip

Hi,

I gave it a try. It doens't work as expected. I think there is still something to do for you. :D

Good luck!

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

what doesn't seem to work for people? If you put all of the files in your temp folder, then run it, you just type in your guess and hit enter. if you get some letters correct, it will put the correct letter in the box. if you guess some letters that are in the word, just not where you guessed, they show up under the box. this should work for anybody...

Byteme

HI,

I could type whatever I wanted in the box and it was always correct. Didn't take a look closer whay, but maybe there is still something left.

Good luck!

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

were you typing into the 5 boxes at the top, or the input box under the Mystery Word picture? I just tried it and that's what I think is happening. because of the screen resolution, maybe people aren't seeing all of the input boxes and buttons.

what you should see are the 5 input boxes at the top(should probably be labels)

MysteryWord picture

an inputbox to type your guess

3 buttons at the bottom, Hint Earn Extra Cash Quit

and halfway down on the right side, number of guesses left.

it works quite well if you don't type in the input boxes at the top. maybe it was stupid to post this since the resolution is probably making a mess of things. I just wanted a bigger window that would work at any resolution, and when I couldn't figure it out, I put the screenres function in.

Byteme

• 1 month later...

Hay Ya. first of all, good onya, for using your programing talents. But sorry to say, I tried your game, and typed in all the Vowels, into the INPUT box, but none of it came up in the text box. I even tried nearly all the consonants, before I used up my guesses