sleep(100)
WEnd

Func test()
    MsgBox(0,"Info", "Did it")
EndFunc

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

No, i guess you've never used ventrilo

As in, You press a key, and it recongnizes it.

HI,

you are right. I've never used it. You could write the hotkeys into an file (*.ini)

Does that help?

So long,

Mega

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

This has NOTHING to do with autoit from what i percieve (Chat Forum??!!), but in response

Check the Use Push-To-Talk Hotkey

fill the hotkey field with desired hotkey

Push add

Accept

Thats in the "Setup" tab which is clickable once you get on a server

This has NOTHING to do with autoit from what i percieve (Chat Forum??!!), but in response

Check the Use Push-To-Talk Hotkey

fill the hotkey field with desired hotkey

Push add

Accept

Thats in the "Setup" tab which is clickable once you get on a server

He used Vent for an example. He wants to code a user hotkey setup like this.

My only idea is to make a function that has a massive amount of HotKeySets. One for each key and it waits for a key to be pressed then returns what key it is. So when you press the "Set Hotkey" button on your app, it calls this function and waits for a key.

This is the only way I can think of to create a make-shift key listener.

Hi,

that is near to be a keylogger. :D Isn't it possible to let the user type in the desired hotkey? Then you do not have to wait for pressing any/the key.

Just a thought.

So long,

Mega

Well yes it's a key logger. Thats the whole point of manually setting a hotkey like that, because you have to log what key you pressed to assign the hotkey. It is just a bad way of creating a keyboard listener.

Edited by ending

Well yes it's a key logger. Thats the whole point of manually setting a hotkey like that, because you have to log what key you pressed to assign the hotkey. It is just a bad way of creating a keyboard listener.

HI,

I think then the soltion should be typing the hotkey or clicking it on a virtual keyboard. :D

So long,

Mega

No offense or anything, but pressing it on a virtual keyboard is the most inefficient idea I've ever heard of for setting a hotkey. It's must faster to press a single key, or at least type the key like AutoIt labels (ex: {ESC}) than using the mouse.

There is nothing wrong with making a simple key listener in order to set a hotkey. Simple as that.

Edited by ending

For $c = 1 to 200
        If _IsPressed( $c ) Then
            MsgBox( 0, "" , $c & " Key was pressed!" )

it seems to work well, just that it's all in numbers, anyway for it to be a keyname? mouse1 mouse2, a-z, kp_left etc.

Keylogging the whole keyboard is not supported by the AutoIt Forum as stated here. No member will consider helping with keylogging the whole keyboard. Even if you may seem to have good intentions, sorry.

Other methods are available and even exist in Scripts 'n'Scraps for users to setup HotKeys via a program using just HotKeySet and an ini file. A user can add a HotKey by just adding into an input control to accompilsh this.