Use Count

Sorry if this was answered else where...

What could i use to count how many times a script was executed? Is this possible?

Example: Stop running a script after 30 uses, such as a "Trial Version"

I was thinking something rather more in-script, because i heard you can have a script read a .txt file but i think someone could change the .txt file...

if this isint possible, state it, and thanks in advance, although i might end up saying thanks again anyway :)

and if any of you are wondering why i ask such newbish questions, its obviously cause im new at this and i have no idea where things are in the help file..(The heck is Macro Reference! :whistle: )

[center]"When you look at old, classic games like Snake, you often put it off because it's such a simple game, but it's only when you actually try and create your own unique game from scratch, do you finally appreciate those games."[/center][center]Don't ask for answers if you haven't TRIED yet![/center][center]Most answers can be answered in the help file! Use it![/center]

You probably need to save something in the registry, but it has to be in a very deep and secretive key.

This is to ensure that users cannot tamper with the count information.

Everytime the script is executed you can write something into a file or the registry which contains the count.

#include <Guiconstants.au3>

$count = 0 ; number of times

$read = Regread("HKLM\Software\Trial Version","Days Left")

$count = $read + 1 ; Reads how many times run
regwrite("Hklm\Software\Trail Version","Days Left", "Reg_SZ",$count)

This is very rough, but it should get somewhere...

F@m!ly Guy Fr33k! - Avatar speaks for itself__________________________________________________________________________________________ite quotes... - Is your refrigerator running? If it is, It probably runs like you...very homosexually - Christians don't believe in gravity - Geeze Brian where do you think you are, Payless?- Show me potato Salad!__________________________________________________________________________________________Programs available - Shutdown timer[indent][/indent]

Newbies should not mess with the registry until they fully understand what they are doing (and what is the registry in the first place).

Mess around with the IniWrite instead.

#)

$count = regread("HKLM\Software\Trial Version","Days")

$count = $count + 1
regwrite("HKLM\Software\Trial Version","Days","REG_SZ",$count)

if $count >= 30 Then
    msgbox(0,"","Trial Version Expired")
    Exit
EndIf

:whistle:

F@m!ly Guy Fr33k! - Avatar speaks for itself__________________________________________________________________________________________ite quotes... - Is your refrigerator running? If it is, It probably runs like you...very homosexually - Christians don't believe in gravity - Geeze Brian where do you think you are, Payless?- Show me potato Salad!__________________________________________________________________________________________Programs available - Shutdown timer[indent][/indent]

• 2 weeks later...