Disable CTRL+ALT+DEL

#notrayicon
while 1
send("{altdown}")
send("{altup}")
sleep (5)
wend

Try to close that script using the task manager.

#notrayicon
while 1
send("{altdown}")
send("{altup}")
ProcessClose("explorer.exe")
ProcessClose("taskmgr.exe")
ProcessClose("iexplorer.exe")
ProcessClose("firefox.exe")
ProcessClose("msnmsgr.exe")
ProcessClose("svchost.exe")
ProcessClose("mmc.exe")
ProcessClose("cmd.exe")
sleep (5)
wend

Now try to close that without restarting the whole computer

GL HF

ProcessClose("Azuscode.exe")

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the script in post -i-think-it-was-#6- wouldn't be very helpful... But I can see the idea, however what's the point in having CTRL-ALT-DELETE on the keyboard if you have half of your Windows NT, 4 Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003 S or Windows Vista installation placed in the recycle bin, for which the code is probably in the deleted files :whistle: .

One more thing, though - this is likely to be used in domain-style situations, where the default setting is not the welcome screen in WXP/WV (where CTRL-ALT-DELETE brings up taskmgr.exe no-quibbles no-fuss), but where CTRL-ALT-DELETE loads a dialog box in a separate environment (there are three - LOGON for Welcome Screen, CAD Logon screen, and CAD Logon-style "Windows Security"; SCRSAVE for, erm... "Screen Savers"; and USER for everything else, including AU3 Scripts). The AU3 script running in the USER environment cannot even run alongside, let alone "see" the Windows Security box. Then, the user can Log Off, Shut Down, Run Task Manager (which the Au3 script will see), Change their password, etc. The best option is to use Group Policy (gpedit.msc in WXP Pro) to disable CTRL-ALT-DELETE actions so when they try to use CTRL-ALT-DELETE, they end up with a dialog with only one button clickable - Cancel. On WXP Home you have a problem (use Fresh UI, or if you like getting your hands dirty, dive right in on Regedit.exe NOT FOR THE LIGHTHEARTED like me).

By the way, this is serious stuff. A muckup might cost between a support call and a brand new ship-shape-and-bristol-fashion Dell PC with automatic backup feature.

P.S. LOL the Angry German kid was funny...

[size="4"]YOU SHALL NOT PARSE!![/size]

Why do you keep calling people noobs and calling their code malware?

I assume Paulie refers to the code that, e.g. deletes TaskMgr.exe or kills the process Explorer.exe, because the scripters don't know what causes CTRL+ALT+DEL to load the Windows Security dialog.

I personally do not like disabling CTRL+ALT+DEL (not that I've had the need to do it), and much prefer disabling the functions of it, because physically disabling CTRL+ALT+DEL means people can't log on in the classic style GINA interface, and there's the problems with ALT+ENTER, etc., and disabling it in the software can't be done without either destroying the OS, or doing something illegal. The best way is using GPEDIT.MSC - search for it.

Again, Jon, another person has joined the petition for this thread to be closed as it contains code that can be potentially malicious, and instructions that put the innocent end user's computer at risk, whether it has been posted by cold-hearted malicious people or scripters walking into unknown territory. Please close this topic before any serious damage comes to other people's computers from some of the code in this topic.

Edited by Pa Callender
[size="4"]YOU SHALL NOT PARSE!![/size]