Full path names from relative names

I'm new to Autoit, so I'm still in learning mode.

Suppose I have created a file using a relative path name (e.g. ".\tmpfile", or ".\tempdir\tmpfile"). How do I determing the full (non-relative) path name of the file? I have tried using FileGetLongName(), but that only translates short file names to long file names. I'd rather not have to invoke a DOS command to this.

I'm sure I could come up with something using @WorkingDir and FileChangeDir(), but I was hoping there'd be some pre-defined function to pull this off.

Thanks for the help!

We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.

It is hard to say without first seeing a script that creates the files. To create a file with autoit; you will need the full path anyway (whether its a macro or not).

However, if you are placing the file manually, you will need to search the computer for the file if you have no idea where it is.

Example when using a macro to place a file.

$File = @ScriptDir & "\File.txt"
MsgBox(0, "", $File)

Scotty Welcome to AutoIt

This is right of AutoIt help file...

#include <file.au3>
$TestPath = _PathFull(@ScriptDir & "..\..\test")
MsgBox(0,"demo _PathFull",@ScriptDir & @lf & $TestPath)

Hope this will help you...

Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

Is _PathFull() in beta?

We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see.

Excellent! Thanks very much for the help!