Copy text from Clipboard to any editor

AJW

I am going to write the following code. Can you help me:

1. Open the outside text editor (probably RunProgram ("FineEditor.exe"))

2. Copy text from the Clipboard to opened, outside editor (probably: send Ctrl+v keystroke to opened, outside editor).

How to make AUTOIT code to make possible choosing of own, outside editor: one time it would be AngelWriter, the second time FoxEditor, the other time WordPad, etc. And forcing the choosen editor to take a text from Clipboard.

The most important part of my question is based on the fact, that nobody knows what kind of editor will be choosen. That is why the name and/or class of the editor's window ought to be also decribed in AUTOIT code programmaticaly.

Thanks in advance:

Edited by AJW

Hi,

what about using notepad. I guess everybody has installed it. :P

Otherwise you could use a dos command like start bla.txt and check which new window appears.

Use ClipPut and ClipGet to send info from clipboard.

Hope that helps.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

CLipPut -Yes.

But ClipGet - No, because I want to sent the text to chosen editor. I can not to be Notepad. I do not know what the name of editor the user will open (and paste the text). I must to recognize the editor programmtically and then send text (via Clipboard) to this unknown editor.

Dos command in Bat file ?

Edited by AJW

CLipPut -Yes.

But ClipGet - No, because I want to sent the text to chosen editor. I can not to be Notepad. I do not know what the name of editor the user will open (and paste the text). I must to recognize the editor programmtically and then send text (via Clipboard) to this unknown editor.

Dos command in Bat file ?

HI,

you can try to read HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\.txt

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times