• Why bother?

Remote Administration Suite

v3.0 Beta

Author(s)

Gary Frost (gafrost)

Scott Forehand (RagnaroktA)

Jarvis Stubblefield (JSThePatriot)

Description

This version of the Remote Administration Suite remains true to the original concept of providing a free solution to remote system, and network administration. It provides an easy to use interface for performing common administrative tasks, and gathering information remotely from the target machine(s). Great improvements have been made to the GUI, as well as streamlining the code to improve the speed and functionality of the application.

Screenshot(s)

Posted Image

Status

Public Beta released!

Download the application, and the source below. The Machine List View is fully functional, as are some of the tabs (listed below). The toolbar is not yet complete, but is visible. Some tools are yet unavailable (they havent all been written yet). Feedback is welcome.

Tabs

General Tab - Incomplete (Partial Functionality)

Network Tab - Incomplete (No Functionality)

Peripherals Tab - Complete (Full Functionality)

Startup Tab - Complete (Full Functionality)

Processes Tab - Complete (Full Functionality)

Services Tab - Complete (Full Functionality)

Tasks Tab - Incomplete (No Functionality)

Hardware Tab - Incomplete (No Functionality)

Software Tab - Incomplete (No Functionality)

Uninstall Software Tab - Complete (Full Functionality)

Event Logs Tab - Incomplete (No Functionality)

Users & Groups Tab - Incomplete (No Functionality)

Requirements

Latest AutoIt Beta

Download

Download Source (2.06 MB)/Includes (35.93 KB)

Download Executable (3.82 MB)

Note

This project spawned from gafrost's Admin Tool. Anyone who contributes code for features will be credited for the work in the help file, and maybe even in the About section, depending on their involvement.

----------------------- Add-Ons & Plugins -----------------------

Remote Files And Settings Transfer Wizard

v1.0 Beta

Author(s)

Description

This plugin will migrate profiles from a remote computer, to any accessable location specified in the script. It is written in Wizard form, to make it more streamline.

Screenshot(s)

Posted Image Posted Image

Status

This plugin is currently on hold. There is a new version of the User State Migration Tool package being released from Microsoft soon. I'm putting this on hold until that happens, so that when it's final, it's using the latest version available. Please do test the current version, as suggestions and improvements are welcome. It was very Beta when it was put on hold, so some features are not yet implimented. I will be adding the ability to migrate ODBC settings as well.

Requirements

Latest AutoIt Beta

Download

Download Source (1.26 MB)

Download Executable (1.72 MB)

-------------------------------------------------------

Snapshot (Subject to change)

v1.0 Beta

Author(s)

Description

This plugin will take a screenshot of the desktop on any target computer and display it locally.

Screenshot(s)

Status

Planned.

Requirements

Latest AutoIt Beta

Download

-------------------------------------------------------

As always, let me know what you all think. I'm taking feature requests on all of these applications, so post features you would like to have included here, or PM me.

Edited by RagnaroktA
Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

looks good. .i would def. like to see it.. very well may put it to good use..

question - do you typically design a GUI first and then code to suite the GUI or do you do proof of concept first and then write a GUI after all the code is complete?

just curious.

was this really made in autoit?? i don't see how you added that extra button next to the minimize.. dllcall?? i would prefer source rather than screenshots, kind of a tease that doesn't please... enough. :P

looks good though

was this really made in autoit?? i don't see how you added that extra button next to the minimize.. dllcall??

It might not have been added with the program, I got a cd with my motherboard that adds buttons such as move to next desktop or other things to the bar. When he took a pic, it would have been in it...

let me know what you all think!

Here are some of the things that I've written scripts to do from Active Directory. I use that as my interface (similar to your list of computers), but they are organized in "easy to digest" groups or Organizational Units. That lets me work on a single computer or an entire OU:

1. Change admin password

2. Check to see if a specific product is installed

3. Check to see if they need defragging

4. Check to see if they need local profiles deleted (machines will collect up to 700+ local profiles in 2-3 months)

5. Empty recycle bins, clean temp files, clean reg, scan for viruses

6. Check for empty folders in specific locations

7. See who the current user is

8. Get a screen capture of the current user's screen

9. See who the last user was

10. See if the machine is online

11. Watch a realtime process list of any target computer

12. Open the C$ drive

13. Open the machine in Dameware

14. Shutdown/reboot the machine

15. Mute the machine's sound or internal speaker

16. Add a shortcut to the desktop and program folder

17. Find all the programs installed on any machine

Those could be interesting features of your admin tool...

...by the way, it's pronounced: "JIF"... Bob Berry --- inventor of the GIF format

instead of The project formerly known as Admin Tool, it should of read built from or based on Admin Tool

Sorry Gary, didnt mean to offend. Since I cant edit the topic I'll edit the post. (rather than create a new topic) You're still listed as lead in the Help file and the About. No worries, credit is still yours. :P

This project, I designed the GUI first, because like Gary said, it's based off of his Admin Tool. I decided to do the GUI first, to make sure it was easy to navigate, and packed full of features.

It's going to be open source, thats certain. I just want to be able to have a working script before I post the code. Also, the GUI as it stands is about 1400 lines of code... that's just GUI, no filler. This is going to be one BIG script, without all the footprint. Because it's so large, it might be too large to post the code outright, but I will host the .EXE installer (with DLL files, etc included) and the .au3 files seperately. I'll probably also include a hotkey that will unpack the script file from the executable.

Yes, the program is all AutoIt. The button next to the minimize button is from UltraMon. I've got dual monitors, and that program makes it too easy to do everything I want.

Keep posting additions, I'll be adding them as features as soon as I get everything squared away with the GUI. I'm also going to build in something that will allow modules to be added to the program. Thanks for the feedback, keep it all coming!

Current Projects:Remote Administration Suite Updated! 12-20-07Remote User State Migration Tool (Plugin) Updated! 12-20-07Batch Print Wizard Updated! 12-20-07Links:AutoIt Beta | AutoIt Wiki

Glad to see that... at the least

8)

Of course, I'm not trying to take the project/credit away from him. I just want to improve upon it, and get a little better at building GUI's. Anyone who helps gets credit, Gary was the one who had the idea in the first place, so he's first in line for credit.

If the mods could change the topic, I would appreciate it, or even make a new thread, and delete this one.

Edited by RagnaroktA

• Developers

If the mods could change the topic, I would appreciate it, or even make a new thread, and delete this one.

Done :P

SciTE4AutoIt3 Full installer Download page   - Beta files       Read before posting     How to post scriptsource   Forum etiquette  Forum Rules 

Live for the present,
Dream of the future,
Learn from the past.
  :)

Good Idea!!! I have a little program I had made about 6 months ago (Still use it to this date) that allows you to input a Computer Name (or IP Address) Query the Make / Model & Serial from Win32_Bios. Also, determines the installed Operating system. Displays a list of Installed Updates + Service Packs. Detects if SMS (CCMExec) is installed (To connect to Remote System) Also, if Windows XP... Detects if Remote Desktop is enabled.

I'll post the code, but this is a great Idea!

I suggest a list of computers, rather than those that are on the Whole domain. That way you can Query the list you want.

Good Idea!!! I have a little program I had made about 6 months ago (Still use it to this date) that allows you to input a Computer Name (or IP Address) Query the Make / Model & Serial from Win32_Bios. Also, determines the installed Operating system. Displays a list of Installed Updates + Service Packs. Detects if SMS (CCMExec) is installed (To connect to Remote System) Also, if Windows XP... Detects if Remote Desktop is enabled.

I'll post the code, but this is a great Idea!

I suggest a list of computers, rather than those that are on the Whole domain. That way you can Query the list you want.

DJ,

It can actually do both. There's an option in the Preferences to refresh from specified list of computers. You feed computer names, and it populates the specified list rather than refreshing from domain. Keep the suggestions coming! I like the idea of checking to see if Remote Desktop is enabled... I didnt think of that one, but it certainly would be handy. :P

I would like to say, I love the GUI, love the idea of the project. I have created a bunch of UDF's that may be useful to you in your project.

_ComputerGet*Info*(). There is a link in my signature. I would me more than happy to help you implement them in the project if you wanted.

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

I would like to say, I love the GUI, love the idea of the project. I have created a bunch of UDF's that may be useful to you in your project.

_ComputerGet*Info*(). There is a link in my signature. I would me more than happy to help you implement them in the project if you wanted.

JS

JS,

I'm way ahead of you boss. I was going to use your UDF's, but hadnt contacted you just yet because I'm still finishing out the GUI. Keep the good work coming, and if there's anything that I need that isnt there, I'll shoot you some code to add to the UDF. I'll shoot you a PM as soon as I'm ready to start adding real functionality to it, and we'll talk about how you want to be credited. :P

JS,

I'm way ahead of you boss. I was going to use your UDF's, but hadnt contacted you just yet because I'm still finishing out the GUI. Keep the good work coming, and if there's anything that I need that isnt there, I'll shoot you some code to add to the UDF. I'll shoot you a PM as soon as I'm ready to start adding real functionality to it, and we'll talk about how you want to be credited. :P

Sounds great to me. I also always create the GUI before I work on functionality as it helps make sure you are going in the right direction, and have the room for everything.

I am just curious. Are you using OnEvent or GetMessage?

JS

AutoIt Links

File-String Hash Plugin Updated! 04-02-2008 Plugins have been discontinued. I just found out.

ComputerGetInfo UDF's Updated! 11-23-2006

External Links

Vortex Revolutions Engineer / Inventor (Web, Desktop, and Mobile Applications, Hardware Gizmos, Consulting, and more)

Sounds great to me. I also always create the GUI before I work on functionality as it helps make sure you are going in the right direction, and have the room for everything.

I am just curious. Are you using OnEvent or GetMessage?

JS

GetMessage. Good idea? I've never written an app that used OnEvent, never had issues with GetMessage.