Keyboard and the Send function.

DemonAngel

I have a keyboard and mouse that is currently connected to 2 pc`s via a switch box. When the box receives 2 CTRL keys from the keyboard it switches to the other pc and visa versa.

I tried to write a script that when the mouse pointer gets to the right side of the monitor that it wound send 2 left control funtions. Since the auto it send is a software send and doesn not come from the keyboard itself, it does not switch over.

Is there any other way I can do this with AutoIT?

:P

I'm totally new to AutoIt, and I realize this is the wrong forum for this question, but the answer is NO.

You will not be able to control your KVM switch using any scripting language on a client machine on the switch. General scripting languages don't actually send signals up the keyboard wire (which is what you'd need to control your KVM switch), they inject simulated keyboard actions into the operating system input stream.

It may be technically possible for a manufacturer to make a KVM switch that will respond to special signals from connected machines, but I've never seen one that supports this (and I've used a lot of KVM switches).