Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
vincentw

Control Panel problem

8 posts in this topic

Sorry, I may have posted this in the wrong forum earlier, so I'm posting it here...

Hi, I'm new to AutoIt so I am quite unfamilar with it.

I need to keep installing and uninstalling my program to test it. When I install it, I need to enter a series of data. I want to use AutoIt to do this and I have a few questions.

First, can I use pass parameters to AutoIt to open the exe because we have daily builds.

Currently I just copied the directory to my local desktop and am just trying and messing with AutoIt. My first line is Run("setup.exe", working dir), it tries to run it, but I get a windows dialog that is:

Title of dialog box is: Windows XP Setup

Message: Please go to the Control Panel to install and configure system components.

What does that mean? and what do I need to do?

Thanks in advance

#2 ·  Posted (edited)

Not sure if this is of any use but this can be used to spawn the add/remove programs dialog.

Also, In there there is a menu to add/remove windows components. You could probably automate it with mouseclick(),send(), and autoits many other automation functions.

Run("Control Appwiz.cpl")
Edited by SolidSnake

HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

So I would just run Run("Control Appwiz.cpl") instead of my

Run(filename.exe, working_dir)?

The thing is normally I can just double click the exe and it would run...the exe is an Install Shield installer...

#5 ·  Posted (edited)

thanks larry, i'll try all of 'em

Edited by vincentw

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

; Windows XP
Run("rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL appwiz.cpl,,0") ; Change or Remove Programs
Run("rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL appwiz.cpl,,1") ; Add New Programs
Run("rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL appwiz.cpl,,2") ; Add/Remove Windows Components
Run("rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL appwiz.cpl,,3") ; Set Program Access and Defaults

More Info can be found at http://www.tburke.net/info/rundll.htm

Edited by gafrost

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.

Thanks for all the help everyone...but I have another question...

Is there away to map a networked drive onto the computer and then unmap it after the script is done?

Thanks again

Thanks for all the help everyone...but I have another question...

Is there away to map a networked drive onto the computer and then unmap it after the script is done?

Thanks again

DriveMapAdd

DriveMapDel

SciTE for AutoItDirections for Submitting Standard UDFs

Don't argue with an idiot; people watching may not be able to tell the difference.