GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

I agree if it you are correct, but if you edit the notes, click ok and close Koda then the changes to the notes are lost.

Really... forget add saving at end of function...

Click on the project in project manager and it is highlighted.

Right click on a script and choose some item from the context menu. It doesn't work.

It is necessary to first select the script item before right clicking.

It's should change item when clicking right button, and it's select, but not work. Weird.

Big problem

Lots of Access violation but can't seem to reproduce my actions and get the same error. But I close then open a project and click on the form item and maybe I get Access Violation.

I'm can't saw such AVs... Wait when I'm, you or someone else find a way for reproduce.

I'm can't saw such AVs... Wait when I'm, you or someone else find a way for reproduce.

I can reproduce the problem, but it's connected with the selection problem, so if you fix that the AV will go away I expect.

You can see the problem like this

Start new project, add a script and add a form to the script.

click the notes so Notes is highlighted. Then right click the script without selecting it first and chose remove script. The script is not removed and when you click on Notes, or double click, you get AV.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Start new project, add a script and add a form to the script.

click the notes so Notes is highlighted. Then right click the script without selecting it first and chose remove script. The script is not removed and when you click on Notes, or double click, you get AV.

Ahh, found it: functions called from context menu take XML nodes from wrong (previously selected) treenodes. Massive bug, wonder how I not noticed it... Fixed for next beta, thanks :whistle:

Hello folks,

My Portuguese-BR (Brazilian Portuguese) translation for Koda 1.6.1.11 was updated. File http://www.autoitscript.com/fileman/users/efgerman/Language_files/lang_bra.zip (~7.4KB), available from File Manager (MD5: E1741D08B5E4F854AD497BEA3E3D4DD7), as always.

Please, report any problems via PM. Thanks.

Best,
Euler

some bugs and suggestions:

- Koda often forgets (or somehow resets) width and height properties of controls (especially labels) when saving to kxf! This means I have to set it all again and it is very annoying :whistle:

- When I copy a control and paste it. Sometimes it is positioned one pixel or more "off the grid" so I am unable to move it to the same height as the other controls on the form just with the mouse! I must then manually set the "top" or "left" property to have it back in the right position. (not sure if it's in beta too, because don't use it too long yet)

suggestion:

Koda should open the last edited kxf file when being run from SciTE (or rather the file mentioned in au3 code: #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=)

It should be possible to move controls in and out of the groupbox, because if I do some controls and then I want to close them into groupbox, they are often hidden under. When I rightclick on it and choose "send to back", they are visible although just until I click several times on them, but anyway this is not saved in the kxf file.

I am using 1.6.1.11 beta

- Koda often forgets (or somehow resets) width and height properties of controls (especially labels) when saving to kxf! This means I have to set it all again and it is very annoying :whistle:

Label have a property "Autosize", that automatically resize label to text width. Set it to false if you don't like this behaviour. Moreover, you can use controls customizing technique to set this property off by default for label (look "Extras" subfolder for example).

- When I copy a control and paste it. Sometimes it is positioned one pixel or more "off the grid" so I am unable to move it to the same height as the other controls on the form just with the mouse! I must then manually set the "top" or "left" property to have it back in the right position. (not sure if it's in beta too, because don't use it too long yet)

Yes, Koda positioning controls exactly at mouse point when using context menu. You can paste controls from main menu or with hotkey. Or for speed positioning use "Align to grid function".

Koda should open the last edited kxf file when being run from SciTE (or rather the file mentioned in au3 code: #Region ### START Koda GUI section ### Form=)

Hm, not sure what you mean. Scite code was written years ago, not by me, and I even not recall how this part work. Can you explain more?

It should be possible to move controls in and out of the groupbox, because if I do some controls and then I want to close them into groupbox, they are often hidden under. When I rightclick on it and choose "send to back", they are visible although just until I click several times on them, but anyway this is not saved in the kxf file.

You can move controls from and to groupbox (and the same with tabs), but only with Cut/Paste sequence, no Drag'n'Drop. This is by design, and will not be changed, sorry.

Label have a property "Autosize", that automatically resize label to text width. Set it to false if you don't like this behaviour. Moreover, you can use controls customizing technique to set this property off by default for label (look "Extras" subfolder for example).

hm that's strange, when I user import from Au3 script. The autosize property is false. After saving it stays. I am not sure how it was before, because I did not check this. Anyway it seems it works now. Thanks

Hm, not sure what you mean. Scite code was written years ago, not by me, and I even not recall how this part work. Can you explain more?

Hm so I think I will have to write the author of SciTE, because there is much bigger number of bugs/features I would want to tell someone about :whistle: There is a hotkey to run Koda - ALT+M, but it runs it with a new empty form and does not load the last one or one which code is in the script. Another strange thing is, that I can run a script from Scite by pressing F5 and it displays errors and warnings yet before the script actually runs (which is good), but when I run Koda by ALT+M, SciTE gets to "running" mode, like the script is running but it is not and when I choose stop execution, it closes Koda :-\

You can move controls from and to groupbox (and the same with tabs), but only with Cut/Paste sequence, no Drag'n'Drop. This is by design, and will not be changed, sorry.

Great thanks. This is enough, I have moved it by this way into the group box. Edited by LoWang

I'm trying to import generated code using Koda FormDesigner 1.6.1 without avail. I lost the .KXF versions of the file and I am left with the AU3 code only. Using the import function of FormDesigner on these files results in a "Some problem occured..." message :whistle:

Is there any trick to importing this script so I can modify the GUI?

Thanks.

-Steve.

I'm trying to import generated code using Koda FormDesigner 1.6.1 without avail. I lost the .KXF versions of the file and I am left with the AU3 code only. Using the import function of FormDesigner on these files results in a "Some problem occured..." message :whistle:

Is there any trick to importing this script so I can modify the GUI?

Thanks.

-Steve.

The version you have given is missing the last number. The latest version is 1.6.1.10 I think, but I don't think Lazycat has developed Au3 to Koda much. I have found that to convert au3 to koda

1) delete all code not related to the gui design

2)Maybe comment out listviews because when I have tried it I get Access Violation

3) keep commenting bits out until it works.

You will probably get most of it this way, then rebuilding what's left should be much easier.

Edited by martin
Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Can we open the .au3 GUI files in Koda yet?

As we were saying in the 2 previous posts, but maybe I misunderstand you.

Hm, can you post a script where this problem occurs? On my tests I'm never got this with listviews.

Here is an example. I removed almost everything in an attempt to find out what caused the AVs, which is how I decided it was the listviews because if they are removed the conversion works OK. This design was made with Koda, and I only tried to convert it back to see how it worked. There are 2 listviews: $LVFile and $LVDir.

$Form1 = GUICreate("Currently logged error reports " & $vnum, 775, 767, 266, 138, BitOR($WS_MINIMIZEBOX,$WS_SIZEBOX,$WS_THICKFRAME,$WS_SYSMENU,$WS_CAPTION,$WS_POPUP,$WS_POPUPWINDOW,$WS_GROUP,$WS_BORDER,$WS_CLIPSIBLINGS))
$Button1 = GUICtrlCreateButton("Refresh", 326, 65, 52, 21, 0)
$LVFile = GUICtrlCreateListView("File |date|time", 386, 90, 386, 378, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,$LVS_EX_GRIDLINES))
$LVDir = GUICtrlCreateListView("Folder|Date|Time", 1, 90, 385, 378, -1, BitOR($WS_EX_CLIENTEDGE,$LVS_EX_GRIDLINES))
$EDDirSelected = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 41, 6, 717, 21)
$Label1 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("action", 8, 11, 33, 17)
$EDCurrentFolder = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 5, 65, 312, 21)
$Label2 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Current Folder", 11, 44, 84, 17)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 8, 800, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
$Group1 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("", 584, 30, 185, 58)
$Label3 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Server Time", 591, 55, 78, 20)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
$Input1 = GUICtrlCreateInput("6", 706, 50, 19, 27)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "Arial")
$Label4 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Hrs", 728, 55, 25, 20)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 10, 400, 0, "MS Sans Serif")
$ChkLocal = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("Show server time in local time", 592, 30, 166, 17)
$Input2 = GUICtrlCreateInput("0", 674, 50, 33, 27)
GUICtrlSetFont(-1, 12, 800, 0, "Arial")
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
$BtnCopyFolder = GUICtrlCreateButton("Copy Selected Folder to Local Folder", 9, 472, 183, 21, 0)
$EdToFolder = GUICtrlCreateInput("D:\tempd\logjam", 9, 496, 310, 21)
$BtnFolderBrowse = GUICtrlCreateButton("Browse..", 327, 496, 55, 21, 0)
$ChkBatchName = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("+ Copy Batch to Correct name", 220, 473, 168, 17)
$Edit1 = GUICtrlCreateEdit("", 9, 552, 750, 189)
$IPLastRemote = GUICtrlCreateInput("", 108, 528, 409, 21)
$Label5 = GUICtrlCreateLabel("Last folder copied", 12, 530, 88, 17)
$Graphic1 = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(188, 479, 12, 1)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x808080)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x000000)
$Graphic2 = GUICtrlCreateGraphic(199, 480, 1, 15)
GUICtrlSetColor(-1, 0x808080)
GUICtrlSetBkColor(-1, 0x000000)
$Group2 = GUICtrlCreateGroup("CutlassXY", 624, 472, 135, 70)
$ChkJam = GUICtrlCreateCheckbox("use logjam setup", 643, 488, 97, 17)
$BtnRunCutlass = GUICtrlCreateButton("Run Delphi Cutlass.dpr", 631, 510, 123, 25, 0)
GUICtrlCreateGroup("", -99, -99, 1, 1)
$BtnStopAction = GUICtrlCreateButton("Stop current action", 184, 29, 117, 21, 0)
$MenuItem1 = GUICtrlCreateMenu("&File")
$MenuConnect = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Connect", $MenuItem1)
$MenuRemote1 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Set Current Remote Folder at Startup", $MenuItem1)
$MenuLocal1 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Set Current Local Folder at Startup", $MenuItem1)
$LVDircontext = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($LVDir)
$MenuItem2 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Copy", $LVDircontext)
$MenuItem3 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Cut", $LVDircontext)
$MenuItem7 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Delete", $LVDircontext)
$MenuItem8 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Paste", $LVDircontext)
$MenuItem11 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Move From Here", $LVDircontext)
$MenuItem10 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Move To Here", $LVDircontext)
$LVFilecontext = GUICtrlCreateContextMenu($LVFile)
$MenuItem6 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Copy", $LVFilecontext)
$MenuItem5 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Delete", $LVFilecontext)
$MenuItem4 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Cut", $LVFilecontext)
$MenuItem9 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Move  From here", $LVFilecontext)
$MenuItem12 = GUICtrlCreateMenuItem("Move To Here", $LVFilecontext)
GUISetState(@SW_SHOW)

Here is an example. I removed almost everything in an attempt to find out what caused the AVs, which is how I decided it was the listviews because if they are removed the conversion works OK. This design was made with Koda, and I only tried to convert it back to see how it worked. There are 2 listviews: $LVFile and $LVDir.

Well, problem not exactly ListView related, this is due incorrect handling of "-1" as style. I'll try to fix it, atm it's should be enough to replace -1 by some real style.

sorry to interrupt, but the dl link on the first page wont let me download... can anyone provide me a valid link?

Yeah, looks like fileman is dead. Well, I'm created mirror for files (look my sig). If noone will have probs with it, maybe I'm switch to this anyway, because I'm tired using web-interface for uploading files.

Hello,

Koda Version 1.6.0.2

If I make a GUI with a Main Menu Save then Delete I Get Error Msg Above

I'm have not get error in this version...

Well, do you tried latest beta? Here was some fixes for context menus, probably something for main menu was changed too. Anyway, latest betas have more descriptive error handler, so if you got this error in it too, this may give a hint where the problem lie.