GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

Repeated Error

I am getting this error often and it won't allow me to shut down Koda without killing the process.

Exception handled: MainExceptionHandler

Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000

The error msg occurs when trying to exit Koda or close Forms. It does not happen all the time, but it's been frequent.

A decision is a powerful thing

Repeated Error

I am getting this error often and it won't allow me to shut down Koda without killing the process.

Exception handled: MainExceptionHandler

Access violation at address 00000000. Read of address 00000000

The error msg occurs when trying to exit Koda or close Forms. It does not happen all the time, but it's been frequent.

I think this may depend on what form is loaded because I haven't any such problems with Koda 1.7.

Probably it will be doing these errors only on some complicated forms.

Sp try to observe which of your forms are source of problem and post them here for Lazycat to be able replicate problem.

I think this may depend on what form is loaded because I haven't any such problems with Koda 1.7.

Probably it will be doing these errors only on some complicated forms.

Sp try to observe which of your forms are source of problem and post them here for Lazycat to be able replicate problem.

Good advice. It seems to only occur on a few and only when the default blank Form1 is closed first.

Guest BillBeavis

Koda is great. Although I have not used it much, yet. I have noticed one problem. It won't let you nest tabbed sheets, which I can understand since it can complicate things and is rarely used. I can live with that, too. But in my attempts to nest tabbed sheets, I was able to crash Koda. Basically, create a tabbed dialog. Copy and paste the tabbed sheet into a second tabbed dialog form. At this point Koda is out to lunch. Just thought I'd pass along the knowledge.

Koda is great. Although I have not used it much, yet. I have noticed one problem. It won't let you nest tabbed sheets, which I can understand since it can complicate things and is rarely used. I can live with that, too. But in my attempts to nest tabbed sheets, I was able to crash Koda. Basically, create a tabbed dialog. Copy and paste the tabbed sheet into a second tabbed dialog form. At this point Koda is out to lunch. Just thought I'd pass along the knowledge.

Do you have latest version 1.7?

This kind of Tab issues was corrected in it.

There is AutoIt (no Koda) limitation - see remarks in helpfile at GUICtrlCreateTab:

ONLY one Tab control can be created by window. But a script can creates several windows having a tab in.

and Koda respects this. Edited by Zedna

I was under the impreashiont that Koda could open "Autoit scripts with Koda GUI (*.au3)" to make it easier for later on adons to GUI's?? I thought it has worked in past versions, but last two vershions wouldn't work for me in that way.

--

update never mind user error , should of used import instead of File>Open

Edited by mrbloody369

Favorite Quotes"If you apply your mind you can create any thing you can dream of" "Any thing can get done by simply click of a button"

Feature Request

Support for multiple monitors, specifically in that the FormDesigner main window can be expanded over to an additional monitor. That would allow me to move my controls to one side and so forth. There may be a specific reason why this was not added as a feature.

Lazycat

GREAT JOB!

Edited by JohnBailey

Feature Request

Support for multiple monitors, specifically in that the FormDesigner main window can be expanded over to an additional monitor. That would allow me to move my controls to one side and so forth. There may be a specific reason why this was not added as a feature.

No specific reason, but I'm never worked with multi-monitor config, and have no an ability to test it myself... I'll add it in todo list, so probably this can be done once.

No specific reason, but I'm never worked with multi-monitor config, and have no an ability to test it myself... I'll add it in todo list, so probably this can be done once.

:) Sounds great! It's a request that few probably even care about (if any)

Bugfix release 1.7.0.1 uploaded. Look first post in topic.

In Koda 1.7.0.1 there is problem on WIN98 (on WINXP it's OK):

When opening more KXF forms by doubleclicking from file manager then only first one opens.

Others don't open.

I think similar bug was already fixed and it has relation to commandline parsing inside Koda.

EDIT:

exact process

- doubleclick on first KXF file -> opens OK

- doubleclick on second KXF file -> don't opens

Edited by Zedna

In Koda 1.7.0.1 there is problem on WIN98 (on WINXP it's OK):

When opening more KXF forms by doubleclicking from file manager then only first one opens.

Others don't open.

I think similar bug was already fixed and it has relation to commandline parsing inside Koda.

EDIT:

exact process

- doubleclick on first KXF file -> opens OK

- doubleclick on second KXF file -> don't opens

Yes, seems you already reported this. This is no directly related to commandline, but to code, that allow open subsequent forms in existing process. In Koda this done with mailslots, and I'm not seen any info that this method have issues with win9x. Weird, will check this.

Suggestion:

1 - A"Recent files" menu in the File menu. (or a list of the last 10 opened files like SciTE)

2 - Ability to ask for the matching kxf file if not found when open an au3 file (good thing in case of move the working folder)

Regards

I would love to also see a recent forms list.

I can not cout the number of times that I wish it had one. I am so used to using them everywhere else and then go to make a form change and actually have to rember where it was that I saved it at.

Suggestion:

1 - A"Recent files" menu in the File menu. (or a list of the last 10 opened files like SciTE)

2 - Ability to ask for the matching kxf file if not found when open an au3 file (good thing in case of move the working folder)

1. Already thought about this, think this will be good addition.

2. This looks interesting too. Though this problem should not appear frequently on last versions since relative paths support.

@AMD

I can not cout the number of times that I wish it had one.

So, why you don't tried to ask for that? ;-)

Possible minor bug:

1) add a label

2) change the Caption to (for example) "Volume"

3) change the name of the component to "VolumeLbl"

And the Caption is changed to the component name -> "VolumeLbl"

I think that the correct behavior is: change the Caption only if was not manually modified ( like delphi work <_< )

BTW... very very good program!!!

I'm new on autoit gui, and this programs is a great help!

Regards

Possible minor bug:

1) add a label

2) change the Caption to (for example) "Volume"

3) change the name of the component to "VolumeLbl"

And the Caption is changed to the component name -> "VolumeLbl"

I think that the correct behavior is: change the Caption only if was not manually modified ( like delphi work <_< )

This is not actually bug, this appear only in certain conditions, when you type component name after caption, and in some moment name become equal to caption. This is act exactly like Delphi, the only reason why this noticeable - Koda update component's caption while typing, when Delphi after editing.

Hello,

I'm a happy Koda user but couldn't find a way around this (except manually renaming the variables after the GUI is imported into my .au3)

so I here's a small request:

- Allow arrays to be used as object name, not only variables

It would be useful to read/write from GUI controls by index and not only by specific variable name.

Here's an example (but maybe there is a better way of doing this?)

In Koda:

checkbox 1 could be named GUIArray[iD_CHECK_NIGHT] instead of ID_CHECK_NIGHT

checkbox 2 could be named GUIArray[iD_CHECK_DAY] instead of ID_CHECK_DAY

In the .au3:

Dim $OptionArray[10]

Dim $GUIArray[10]

Global Const $ID_CHECK_NIGHT = 1

Global Const $ID_CHECK_DAY = 2

$OptionArray[0] = 2

For $i = 1 to $OptionArray[0]

$OptionArray[$i] = GUICtrlRead($GUIArray[$i])

Next

instead of:

$OptionArray[1] = GUICtrlRead($ID_CHECK_NIGHT)

$OptionArray[2] = GUICtrlRead($ID_CHECK_DAY)

and so on...

Thanks

Hello,

I'm a happy Koda user but couldn't find a way around this (except manually renaming the variables after the GUI is imported into my .au3)

so I here's a small request:

- Allow arrays to be used as object name, not only variables

It would be useful to read/write from GUI controls by index and not only by specific variable name.

Here's an example (but maybe there is a better way of doing this?)

In Koda:

checkbox 1 could be named GUIArray[iD_CHECK_NIGHT] instead of ID_CHECK_NIGHT

checkbox 2 could be named GUIArray[iD_CHECK_DAY] instead of ID_CHECK_DAY

In the .au3:

Dim $OptionArray[10]

Dim $GUIArray[10]

Global Const $ID_CHECK_NIGHT = 1

Global Const $ID_CHECK_DAY = 2

$OptionArray[0] = 2

For $i = 1 to $OptionArray[0]

$OptionArray[$i] = GUICtrlRead($GUIArray[$i])

Next

instead of:

$OptionArray[1] = GUICtrlRead($ID_CHECK_NIGHT)

$OptionArray[2] = GUICtrlRead($ID_CHECK_DAY)

and so on...

Thanks

This would be good addition, but unfortunately no simple way. Koda is Delphi based thing and follow it's rules, some of them can't be bypassed directly. In this case, control name can contain only a-z, digits and underscore. Now you can use arrays in any text properties (%var1[$var2]% and set expand variables option for form), but not for control names.