GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

I just downloaded the latest version (1.7.04) and tried to file/import/au3gui script. But received the messages: "merged lines so-so...start processing... gui not found... The gui that was at the beginning of AU3 and was recognized follows at the end.

Problem here with incorrect scope handling... If you remove "Global" from lines, it's import successfuly. Anyway, this is common situation and should be fixed. Thanks for pointing.

My suggestion is that we could copy/paste the gui area on AU3 to Koda. With that we could probably recover the most possible from a GUI, and you would not to sofisticate Koda recognition code. As the code is in the clipboard, probably a human put there the best of what can be considered a form. At worst, giving messages of what lines could not be used by Koda.

As you can see in the code, the form is in Au3 (even not recognized), and probably most of it could be used. Even if not all parts could be used, it would be much more interesting to be able to get something. As this gui was done long time ago, I do not have the kxf, furtemore I edited the au3 along this time.

Yes, I was think about dialog that will bring up in case of import fail (or maybe always before import) where user can revise and edit code.

hi man, i was wondering if it could be possible to let koda use the same directives as autoit.

every time i movemy files, koda cant find the form i made, because it uses a fixed path to search for it.

it would be great if it uses @scriptdir just as autoit, can this be done?

damian666

btw, it is a great addition man, keep it up :)

and proud of it!!!

hi man, i was wondering if it could be possible to let koda use the same directives as autoit.

every time i movemy files, koda cant find the form i made, because it uses a fixed path to search for it.

it would be great if it uses @scriptdir just as autoit, can this be done?

damian666

btw, it is a great addition man, keep it up :)

Koda understand relative paths to forms in scripts. If you save form, generate script and save it in the same folder, Koda will automatically set relative path. Instead, you can edit your script and manually set relative name. Try, and you will see.

ok, but when i try to point it to the tools folder, where i save my form, it cant find it man.

but that would be @scriptdir & "\tools\form.bla bla" right?

or am i missing something?

let me know man

damian666

and proud of it!!!

ok, but when i try to point it to the tools folder, where i save my form, it cant find it man.

but that would be @scriptdir & "\tools\form.bla bla" right?

or am i missing something?

let me know man

damian666

Say, if form placed in "tools\form1.kxf" (where "tools" is subfolder in scriptdir), and in script you have reference "Form=tools\form1.kxf", then when you open you script in Koda, all forms will be found and opened as well. But if you try to open form1 via association, you will not get script, because form itself have not reference to script.

So, in short, if you use relative names with subfolders, you should open script from Koda. If forms are in the same dir as script, this will work via association too.

This probably can be simplified in future, when project manager will be finished.

ok, i see, but if i try to open the script with a send too link i made, it wont open it.

should i instaed use a open with option then?

i am almost there, so please baer with me ok?

damian666

p.s. project manager? tell me man :)

and proud of it!!!

ok, i see, but if i try to open the script with a send too link i made, it wont open it.

should i instaed use a open with option then?

i am almost there, so please baer with me ok?

Clear "Start in" field in the link properties, then all should work.

p.s. project manager? tell me man

I will not, it's a secret :)

Yes, I was think about dialog that will bring up in case of import fail (or maybe always before import) where user can revise and edit code.

Thanks, Lazy. That's a good idea, a simple text editor. But please consider also an option for paste from clipboard as one fo the input methods.

I think this could make things easier if nothing else works and will save you to do a lot of code in strange gui situations. (Users does imprevisible things... :) )

Jose

• Moderators

this looks nice, does i put autoit scripts inside or do i link them to external files? or is it not for auto it =S

thanks =]

It's a GUI designer plain and simple... you still have to do your script leg work.

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

okay, so this will not contribute to the final product, just a look at layout thing?

it will make ur GUI, so u can save it to scite, which then you can inturn place in all ur coding for say, buttons, (if its pressed exit, or give a messagebox that tells the person not to press it) etc.

[u][font="Century Gothic"]~я α и d γ ĵ . ċ . ѕ қ ϊ и и ε я~- My Programs -auto shutdownSleep funcdisallow programs[/font][/u]

Hi Lazy, follows some other points/suggestions:

• copy/paste: if you have a bunch of forms on just 1 AU3, and you want to edit just one of them, copy/paste on the specific form coud be a simple solution
  • in tag, caption, etc. fields: would be good if we could enter variable names or expressions instead of just strings. Maybe including a option at mouse right button. Today I enter something like text1"&@cr&"text2, or " &var...expression&" as a way to circumvent it
Thanks

Jose

Edited by joseLB

But please consider also an option for paste from clipboard as one fo the input methods.

Of course, this is obvious.

[*]copy/paste: if you have a bunch of forms on just 1 AU3, and you want to edit just one of them, copy/paste on the specific form coud be a simple solution

Sorry, I'm not got the point...

[*]in tag, caption, etc. fields: would be good if we could enter variable names or expressions instead of just strings. Maybe including a option at mouse right button. Today I enter something like text1"&@cr&"text2, or " &var...expression&" as a way to circumvent it

This feature is a long time here. Place %YOUR_VAR_NAME% substitute anywere in the string, and if "Expand %var% variables" option enabled, in output it will be replaced by $YOUR_VAR_NAME. Also %TAB%, %CR%, %LF% supported. No complex expressions though. Also, this not work in the numeric fields (and most likely will not).

Hi Lazy

I Will try to make my points a bit clear:

COPY/PASTE: I think we could have it as one of input methods (import). It could simplify input and give opportunity to import not so well structured or behaved GUIs. The example I mentioned in last post was if I have 3 GUIs in just one au3 program, and want to edit in Koda just one of them, I could copy/paste the desired GUI in Koda.

Fact is, by this or that reason, I never got success importing my old GUIs to Koda (all them where generated in Koda). Or I have the kxf, or I will not use Koda on that GUI anymore. And worst it that even with kxf, most of times we do small edits direct in AU3, so the Kxf becomes obsolete. So, an efective way to import is vital, on my viewpoint. And Copy/Paste seems to me the simplest and best one.Of course, a variant like to open a edit window where I could paste the form is also an option.

The second point I addressed is about variables and expressions. Last post I show how I circumvent the " " at begin/end of fields, I just close/open them as desired. So, my suggestion is a bit simpler that %VAR%.

If you put an option in right mouse button menu, like enter plain commands, in fact what you will do is just take off the " " at the begin/end of the field, just that. So, we could enter whatever expression we wish.

How I enter expressions today (in red are Koda's begin/end of fields. In blue is what I really type):

" my text" & @ CR & $myvar & stringMid($myvar,...) & "my text" & " "

Best regards

Jose

Edited by joseLB

Fact is, by this or that reason, I never got success importing my old GUIs to Koda (all them where generated in Koda). Or I have the kxf, or I will not use Koda on that GUI anymore. And worst it that even with kxf, most of times we do small edits direct in AU3, so the Kxf becomes obsolete. So, an efective way to import is vital, on my viewpoint. And Copy/Paste seems to me the simplest and best one.

If you make edits in the GUI part manually - obviously you can't use the same form in the future.

As you maybe know, Koda have an "update" function. You can edit your foms and update their blocks in the script. I suggest you look into it - so far this is the most efficient way to work with multiforms script.

Of course, a variant like to open a edit window where I could paste the form is also an option.

I think this is only possible variant.

The second point I addressed is about variables and expressions. Last post I show how I circumvent the " " at begin/end of fields, I just close/open them as desired. So, my suggestion is a bit simpler that %VAR%.

If you put an option in right mouse button menu, like enter plain commands, in fact what you will do is just take off the " " at the begin/end of the field, just that. So, we could enter whatever expression we wish.

How I enter expressions today (in red are Koda's begin/end of fields. In blue is what I really type):

" my text" & @ CR & $myvar & stringMid($myvar,...) & "my text" & " "

If I understand right, you want a way, where strings generating "as is", without a quotes around it? This is not simple, since say "Caption" property - this is just a string, and I can't set some hidden "flag" signaling in which way string should be generated. Only possible way - using some rarely used special char at the very beginning of string, for example " ` ", all following will be generated without quotes. But since noone before asked for this feature, I'm not sure with it's essentiality.

Hi Lazy

I just tried to import a GUI from an AU3. It has 2 GUIs, created some days ago in the last Koda's version, with no success.

The complete AU3 is included at the end. In AU3 at maximum has some GUI captions text editing.

What I'm trying to suggest is:

• when we are depuring/debuging heavily a program, it's hard to go back/forth to Koda. It's simpler to do minor changes at AU3 (a text, a value, add a tip, reduce a button height, etc.)
  • from time to time, when we need a layout change, new fields or any kind of heavy changes, or just to maintain .kxf up-to-date, that is the point to use Koda again.
  • For that, would be nice to select/copy the changed GUI at AU3, paste it to Koda, make the changes (layout, new fields, etc.), save a new .kxf (or substitute the original one), generate code, and selec/copy and paste it to AU3, substituting the original GUI.
  • this will be a fast and simple operation. For example, I'm not able to do this as told at the beginning of this post with todays's tools, even with minor changes so I will have to go forward in my program withou to use Koda anymore.
  • and Koda is a very good tool to be used just at beginning of a form. So, that's the reason I'm insisting so much into have it importing better.
SalaProcV3_0.au3 Edited by joseLB

Hi Lazy

I just tried to import a GUI from an AU3. It has 2 GUIs, created some days ago in the last Koda's version, with no success.

The complete AU3 is included at the end. In AU3 at maximum has some GUI captions text editing.

What I'm trying to suggest is:

• when we are depuring/debuging heavily a program, it's hard to go back/forth to Koda. It's simpler to do minor changes at AU3 (a text, a value, add a tip, reduce a button height, etc.)
  • from time to time, when we need a layout change, new fields or any kind of heavy changes, or just to maintain .kxf up-to-date, that is the point to use Koda again.
  • For that, would be nice to select/copy the changed GUI at AU3, paste it to Koda, make the changes (layout, new fields, etc.), save a new .kxf (or substitute the original one), generate code, and selec/copy and paste it to AU3, substituting the original GUI.
  • this will be a fast and simple operation. For example, I'm not able to do this as told at the beginning of this post with todays's tools, even with minor changes so I will have to go forward in my program withou to use Koda anymore.
  • and Koda is a very good tool to be used just at beginning of a form. So, that's the reason I'm insisting so much into have it importing better.

Ok, got the point. I still not sure what you mean "paste it to Koda", since you can't do that without import process.

I imagine it so:

1. In Koda click Import.

2. Dialog with simple editor appear. Here you paste your GUI code (or load it from file) and edit if need.

3. Click Convert and you got form in editor.

Btw, I already done fix for scopes, so your both GUI's converts fine.