GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

Very nice work!

Iam having a little problem with the code generator. I can create new code templates and/or modify the existing "Loop Example" and "Event Example" templates and the changes are reflected in the fd.xml file that is in same directory as the fd.exe program. The problem is that koda doesn't seem to be using that fd.xml file when it generates the code.

Does koda expect to be installed in a specific folder/path or does it use a registry key or something to find fd.xml when it generates code? I have to believe it's something simple that's causing the problem for me. If anyone has any ideas about what's going on and/or how to correct it, your help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sorry about the double post. I tried to do an edit but the forum isn't cooperating. .

Ok, I had been trying out different things for a couple of days before I made the previous post. Minutes later I thought of one more thing to try and it worked. :mellow:

It seems that using "Tools=>Generating Options=>Save&Generate Code" doesn't work and produces the behavior described in the previous post It appears that this command can't even be used to select the desired template; it just has not effect. The only way a template can be selected AFIK is to use the "Options=>Options=>Template" dialog and then set one of the templates to be the default. To generate the code the "Tools=>Generate Form Code" command must be used.

It would appear that that the "Tools=>Generating Options:" dialog is not working correctly.

=================

SUGGESTION: %GUI_ID% or %FORM_NAME%

I have one small suggestion with regard to the code template/generating mechanism. I would like to enclose the GUI code within a function. I would like to use the from name to compose the function name and perhaps a couple of variables as well. So I was wondering if a variable containing the form's name could be added. It would perhaps also be desirable to have access to the form's caption text as well.

%FORM_NAME% or %GUI_ID%

%FORM_CAPTION% or %GUI_CAPTION%

Thanks for all your hard work. It's greatly appreciated.

Best Regards

Rick

It seems that using "Tools=>Generating Options=>Save&Generate Code" doesn't work and produces the behavior described in the previous post It appears that this command can't even be used to select the desired template; it just has not effect. The only way a template can be selected AFIK is to use the "Options=>Options=>Template" dialog and then set one of the templates to be the default. To generate the code the "Tools=>Generate Form Code" command must be used.

It would appear that that the "Tools=>Generating Options:" dialog is not working correctly.

To be honest, I don't recall the reason why chosen template is not save in the form. While Koda is saving last choosen template in configuration, it not apply when using "Generate" command. Agree, this is break the logic of "Generating Options" dialog.

Probably will be more logical if form will keep chosen template.

SUGGESTION: %GUI_ID% or %FORM_NAME%

I have one small suggestion with regard to the code template/generating mechanism. I would like to enclose the GUI code within a function. I would like to use the from name to compose the function name and perhaps a couple of variables as well. So I was wondering if a variable containing the form's name could be added. It would perhaps also be desirable to have access to the form's caption text as well.

%FORM_NAME% or %GUI_ID%

%FORM_CAPTION% or %GUI_CAPTION%

Though this is not hard to implement, this is particularity and I don't sure about profit of this, especially form caption. Also is not obvious, should %GUI_ID% include $ sign or not - if yes you can't use it in fuction name, if no - it will be inconsistent with other substitutes.

i think this is a very well designed program. i like it better than scite, BUT i have a problem that is probably just an easy fix, how do i change the event. i cant get it from LOOP to EVENT mode... did i miss something that was clearly outlined? if so please tell me how to fix it

great job on the program its easyer to learn that guess and check of Scite. :mellow: well done

I have updated Czech Koda translation to the latest version (1.7.0.8).

Some little issues:

1) in English version (lang_eng.xml) is spelling mistake:

<msgWrongIconFormat>File you are try to open is not an icon.</msgWrongIconFormat>

should be

<msgWrongIconFormat>File you are trying to open is not an icon.</msgWrongIconFormat>

2)  in Czech version (lang_cze.xml) are buttons in ImageList Editor too small to fit whole translation

as you can see on attached screenshot.

post-6483-1227110545_thumb.png

I have updated Czech Koda translation to the latest version (1.7.0.8).

Some little issues:

1) in English version (lang_eng.xml) is spelling mistake:

<msgWrongIconFormat>File you are try to open is not an icon.</msgWrongIconFormat>

should be

<msgWrongIconFormat>File you are trying to open is not an icon.</msgWrongIconFormat>

Thanks, I'll update all. Talking about such kind "spelling mistakes" - I think there alot more :mellow: My english is bad, I know...

If someone from english native speaking people would check and tell me badly spelled sentences - this will be appreciated, and I can update internal strings.

2)  in Czech version (lang_cze.xml) are buttons in ImageList Editor too small to fit whole translation

as you can see on attached screenshot.

Of course, it's better to think out shorter english terms... which probably will be translated shorter too. Wide buttons not too aesthetic imo, though make them wider no problem.

Of course, it's better to think out shorter english terms... which probably will be translated shorter too. Wide buttons not too aesthetic imo, though make them wider no problem.

I know about that general solution (shorter translations) but in this case it would be difficult

and there are missing only 1 or 1 chars so in this case I prefer little wider buttons.

The Update Script command does not obey indentation options. Use the attached project and open it in Koda. Now go to Tools -> Generating Options -> Formatting. Change the Indent code settings. For example, set Initial to 1, Indent char to Tab and Count to 1. Hit Save to store the settings and dismiss the dialog. Now use Tools -> Update Script to update Test.au3. Open Test.au3 and notice that the code is not indented.

Test.zip

The Update Script command does not obey indentation options. Use the attached project and open it in Koda. Now go to Tools -> Generating Options -> Formatting. Change the Indent code settings. For example, set Initial to 1, Indent char to Tab and Count to 1. Hit Save to store the settings and dismiss the dialog. Now use Tools -> Update Script to update Test.au3. Open Test.au3 and notice that the code is not indented.

Confirmed, something wrong there. Will fix in next beta. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

It appears that Align -> Center Horizontal In Window calculates the center position using the GUI's Width, not it's Client Width. This is wrong and causes the control to be offset to the right. It needs to be calculated using the Client Width value. I didn't test, but I suspect the vertical center calculation is also wrong.

Edit: I also couldn't figure out how to get Up-Down control limits to work. No matter what I set the limits to, no GUICtrlSetLimit() code was generated.

Edited by Valik

Here is my version of lang_eng.xml, it includes Zedna's correction.

lang_eng.xml

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

It appears that Align -> Center Horizontal In Window calculates the center position using the GUI's Width, not it's Client Width. This is wrong and causes the control to be offset to the right. It needs to be calculated using the Client Width value. I didn't test, but I suspect the vertical center calculation is also wrong.

Yes, this using full width now. Since Autoit work with client sizes, it's sound reasonable that align functions should be consistent with it.

Edit: I also couldn't figure out how to get Up-Down control limits to work. No matter what I set the limits to, no GUICtrlSetLimit() code was generated.

Weird, it's work for me. The only case when code is not generated - when both limits are equal.

Here is my version of lang_eng.xml, it includes Zedna's correction.

Thanks, I'll update internal strings!

Weird, it's work for me. The only case when code is not generated - when both limits are equal.

Hmm. It does seem to work. I'm not sure what the scenario was where I couldn't get it to work. However I have a new issue. When attempting to enter a number out of the accepted range it throws a nasty error. It makes more sense to just silently truncate the number to the maximum (or minimum) value without the error.

i have been using this program for a while and i like it, however, i have some sugestions

i made a gui for a program and it worked well,

but then i added a transperency settings gui

when i added them together there were bugs because the transperency select gui and the main program had the same controll names

could it be posable to export to an au3 script instead of clipboard, and if there is already a gui / controll named say

$form1 = guicreate(yourfirstgui)
$Label1 = guicreatelabel(yourfirstguislabel)
$Label2 = guicreatelabel(unimportant for now)
$Label3 = guicreatelabel(unimportant for now)

instead of adding

$form1 = guicreate(youaddyoursecondgui)
$Label1 = guicreatelabel(thisiswhereyougetbugs)

have sumthing more like

$form11 = guicreate(youaddyoursecondgui)
$Label11 = guicreatelabel(itwouldrenamedubbleentry)

so that instad of copying and pasting and renaming it all yourself,

it will do it for you. it would also have to rename the guigetmsg part of the script too

this would be nice for programs that you add fetures/extra gui's later on and you dont want to rename it

Edited by corgano

0x616e2069646561206973206c696b652061206d616e20776974686f7574206120626f64792c20746f206669676874206f6e6520697320746f206e657665722077696e2e2e2e2e

i have been using this program for a while and i like it, however, i have some sugestions

i made a gui for a program and it worked well,

but then i added a transperency settings gui

when i added them together there were bugs because the transperency select gui and the main program had the same controll names

could it be posable to export to an au3 script instead of clipboard, and if there is already a gui / controll named say

instead of adding

$form1 = guicreate(youaddyoursecondgui)
$Label1 = guicreatelabel(thisiswhereyougetbugs)

have sumthing more like

$form11 = guicreate(youaddyoursecondgui)
$Label11 = guicreatelabel(itwouldrenamedubbleentry)

so that instad of copying and pasting and renaming it all yourself,

it will do it for you. it would also have to rename the guigetmsg part of the script too

this would be nice for programs that you add fetures/extra gui's later on and you dont want to rename it

It is already possible to export directly to an au3 file by using the menu Tools|Update script. To use this you have to have saved the script in the same folder as the kxf file, AND have the region heading to the gui design that Koda creates for you. The scripts which contain this region header are only searched for when the kxf form is open (loaded) by Koda. One script can contain more than one gui design.

It is a simple matter to set the name of the form in Koda so that you don't have conflicts. It is well worth the time to get the names in Koda just right, and you should not have to edit the code that Koda creates exsept in rare cases IMO.

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

Thks for the program man! so useful for me! but i just tried it i didn't figured how to add the code in the buttons or in the labels.... or in any element... did you implemented to add the code or this will only make the guy not linked tot the code ? if i can even add the code can u tell me how?

Can we get an update for this?

When I attempt to add a picture, or add styles to a button and click the Run Form button, it errors saying it can't find one of the styles..

Or how can I add things for it to include before it runs?

[left][sub]We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine.[/sub][sup]And the machine is bleeding to death...[/sup][sup][/sup][/left]