GUI Designer: Koda 1.7.3.0

Lazycat

New version 1.7.2.0 is out. Not too many changes, mainly bugfixes, but new beta stage begins instantly after that.

What's new:

• Added small abilities that become in latest beta of Autoit
  • Improved language system
  • Improved update checking
  • Improved site
Download current release
Great work, Lazycat! My Koda's translations file (ptBR), and installation packages, also available here.

Best,
Euler

• 2 weeks later...

New beta version 1.7.2.1 is out.

Download

The first incarnation of Graphic Editor is finally done, but it's layout and functionality is still the subject of change. This is the reason, why it's not translated yet.

Second (experimental) change - loading images with OleLoadPicture instead native Delphi components. This is give some reduction in executable size.

New beta version 1.7.2.1 is out.

Download

The first incarnation of Graphic Editor is finally done, but it's layout and functionality is still the subject of change. This is the reason, why it's not translated yet.

Second (experimental) change - loading images with OleLoadPicture instead native Delphi components. This is give some reduction in executable size.

Graphic Editor? What is it? Where is it? Am I confused or is it just me?

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

It's property editor for Graphic control's "Items" property...

Ah yes. Lovely!

Thanks Laztcat :)

Serial port communications UDF Includes functions for binary transmission and reception.printing UDF Useful for graphs, forms, labels, reports etc.Add User Call Tips to SciTE for functions in UDFs not included with AutoIt and for your own scripts.Functions with parameters in OnEvent mode and for Hot Keys One function replaces GuiSetOnEvent, GuiCtrlSetOnEvent and HotKeySet.UDF IsConnected2 for notification of status of connected state of many urls or IPs, without slowing the script.

• 3 weeks later...

I have a problem with 1.7.2.1

The attached form doesn't load back into Koda correctly. It was designed with 1.7.2.1 and other forms seem ok but this one becomes impossible to edit and the form cannot be dragged (in Koda). The script runs fine and I've tried recreating the form by importing from the design code of the script.

I have tried it with poFixed and poDesigned.

MOE_Customers.zip

I have 2 other little problems.

If I choose pofixed and set the position to be off of my screen, say -900, then it seems to be positioned there when Koda loads it rather than back to where it was designed.

I set options to use events, and work on a form. Later I open an old form where I didn't use events, update the design of the old form and my script is messed up with events that I don't want. Shouldn't options for design be saved in the kxf file and applied as needed? Also, when I set the options for event code generation the change doesn't seem to be applied untill I close the form then open it again.

I have a problem with 1.7.2.1

The attached form doesn't load back into Koda correctly. It was designed with 1.7.2.1 and other forms seem ok but this one becomes impossible to edit and the form cannot be dragged (in Koda). The script runs fine and I've tried recreating the form by importing from the design code of the script.

I have tried it with poFixed and poDesigned.

I loaded your form with no problem... it have standard styles, so this even should not depend on "Reflect..." options.

If I choose pofixed and set the position to be off of my screen, say -900, then it seems to be positioned there when Koda loads it rather than back to where it was designed.

It's weird, for me form appear at the place where it was desined. But, left and top positions are not reloaded correctly - bug definitely. Do you mean this?

I set options to use events, and work on a form. Later I open an old form where I didn't use events, update the design of the old form and my script is messed up with events that I don't want. Shouldn't options for design be saved in the kxf file and applied as needed? Also, when I set the options for event code generation the change doesn't seem to be applied untill I close the form then open it again.

How old your form? Koda save mode inside the form, but this was not always. If your form is really old, it of course have not this property and Koda use default mode, that you have set in options.

I loaded your form with no problem... it have standard styles, so this even should not depend on "Reflect..." options.

When I load the form in Koda only the client area is shown; no window caption or borders. If I activate another window then the window appears but the components are all in the wrong positions. I think they are all shifted by the border and window caption height. If I try to drag the window then I grab a component instead. I am unable to drag the window or change the design.

Maybe it is something corrupted somewhere - I'll delete it and try making it again. I did that before but I saved it as the same file name ovewriting the old one, so this time I'll use a different name in case it makes any difference. If I get the same problem then I'll let you know otherwise there's nothing more to do if it works for you.

I also have a problem I didn't mention but with the same form. The listview is not drawn if I select the style 'full row select'. As soon as I do that it disappears. If I activate another form or application then it is drawn again. I can easily reproduce this problem. Start a new empty form. Add a listview. Select 'full row select' and it disappears. (Well it does for me.)

It's weird, for me form appear at the place where it was desined. But, left and top positions are not reloaded correctly - bug definitely. Do you mean this?

No, it was loading the form but I could not see it and I could only get it back onto the screen by changing to podesigned and the positions. But when I try it again now it doesn't keep the -900 position but has changed it to 0. I don't know what has changed >_<. Anyway it is definitely wrong.

How old your form? Koda save mode inside the form, but this was not always. If your form is really old, it of course have not this property and Koda use default mode, that you have set in options.

The form was designed 2 weeks ago. It might have been with the previous version of Koda but I don't know. But this still happens now with a form I desgn with 1.7.2.1. Open a new form. No need to add any components. Generate code. Now change the options for OnEvent code generation. Generate code and the code hasn't changed. Open a new form and generate code and the code is correct for the options. Save the first form, open the first form again and generate code and now it is correct. This might be as you intended but it's not what I expect. I expect that when I have a form design active that the options change to suit what I chose for that form, and if I change the options then they are applied to the active form immediately. It's not a big problem and I am prepared to be told I expect too much.

I also have a problem I didn't mention but with the same form. The listview is not drawn if I select the style 'full row select'. As soon as I do that it disappears. If I activate another form or application then it is drawn again. I can easily reproduce this problem. Start a new empty form. Add a listview. Select 'full row select' and it disappears. (Well it does for me.)

This is ancient bug (behaviour?), not easy to fix, but once I hope will do it >_<

This might be as you intended but it's not what I expect. I expect that when I have a form design active that the options change to suit what I chose for that form, and if I change the options then they are applied to the active form immediately. It's not a big problem and I am prepared to be told I expect too much.

Yes, now I understand. This is not intended. Once created, form should keep mode settings. This is the bug.

I get more problems with the form window not being drawn. That is, only the client area is drawn when I open the kxf design. If I activate another window the non client area on my design from is shown again but the components are out of position and I cannot drag the window. This is as I reported before. I am fairly sure it is when I set the form position property to pofixed and I have a negative value in the left or top position, say because I want the default centered on the desktop and I use -1,-1. I save the form with these negative values and poposition = fixed. I close the form and load it again and I see the problem. If I change to podesign, save the design, close the design then open it again then it is back to normal. So I think there is a bug connected with pofixed and negative form positions.

• 2 weeks later...

araneon, misuse/abuse of the report feature leads to bans. Be careful what you click next time and pay attention or you will find your ability to post severely impacted.

It am sorry, I do not simply know English, translate everything through translator.

So (will repeat oneself) prompt me, in koda can add custom to the panel of instruments control, as for example Visual Basic project->components. And if and that as (.ocx)

I need a component with expansion (.ocx) from Visual Basic, whether it is possible how to bind him to AutoIt

• 3 weeks later...

So (will repeat oneself) prompt me, in koda can add custom to the panel of instruments control, as for example Visual Basic project->components. And if and that as (.ocx)

I need a component with expansion (.ocx) from Visual Basic, whether it is possible how to bind him to AutoIt

If this component correctly registered in system, you can try place it on form via "COM object" control (last in Win32 tab). You can not add it to toolbar nor access it's properties visually though.

• 3 weeks later...

Can you add the "nice-to-have-easier-to-use" feature that allow us, by doubleclicking on a element, to add the actual code that element need to have inside...

I mean, if i have a "start button" that on click should call some functions, it would be awesome if i was able to just double click on that button, open up the Koda scite editor and put inside it the code....

i think you can implements it with this sort of logistic ( i dunno the code part but maybe i can help with the logistic) on double click of a element, open up a windows with a big text area, add a variable that will mean the code...

like on double click button

$"buttonnamecode"="nothing"

where the buttonnamecode will be generate when you double click a element, and "nothing" will be all the code you (you as user i mean) add inside the text area...

when you are done adding the code inside this form, koda will save that variable, and on Gui generation progress it will automatically set the code in, by just putting the variable $"buttonnamecode" where the code of that button should be....

well i think this will be really usefull to me, i dunno if you can implement it this way or even if you want/can implement it at all, but i still think that this feature will make a BIG change and will make the entirely Autoit3 more used around the world...

thanks for your reading time and for your great Guid Generator... Keep up the good work :D

@Powerpoison

As koda is not an "actual" part of SciTE this would require a LOT of editing, so I do not think that this would be an option as far as changing SciTE or Koda...

There have though been some worlk an a project called visual AutoIT It did not get anywhere though, but in the last posts there are some link on how to modify Visual Basic to suit autoit

[font="Impact"]Use the helpfile, It´s one of the best exlusive features of Autoit.[/font]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375ALIBI Run - a replacement for the windows run promptPC Controller - an application for controlling other PCs[size="1"]Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings.[/size][size="1"]http://bit.ly/cAMPZV[/size]

@Powerpoison

As koda is not an "actual" part of SciTE this would require a LOT of editing, so I do not think that this would be an option as far as changing SciTE or Koda...

There have though been some worlk an a project called visual AutoIT It did not get anywhere though, but in the last posts there are some link on how to modify Visual Basic to suit autoit

ok thx a lot for your infos, i still think that koda should be implemented to SciTe, i don't see a reason why it should not....as for me i actually am not good enough to use koda if it don't work with that feature but i still will hold on until a visual autoit or a similar will be out, untill it i will use just script withouth gui :D

ok thx a lot for your infos, i still think that koda should be implemented to SciTe, i don't see a reason why it should not....as for me i actually am not good enough to use koda if it don't work with that feature but i still will hold on until a visual autoit or a similar will be out, untill it i will use just script withouth gui :D

If a programmer is so dependent on his development tools that it makes him crippled without them, it's time to think again.

I understand the need for the functions that you want, but at the same time, try to adapt to the environment that is given to you.

From what I understand, SciTE is an editor that has been modified by Jos to suit Autoit needs. and Koda is a GUI Creator written by LazyCat, which have some support for SciTE

Also, even though Jos and LazyCat could collaborate to make the connection between SciTE and Koda better I dont think that it would produce a great result. What should it do? Link to the different Cases in the switch? I think that this is better done by the user itself.

[font="Impact"]Use the helpfile, It´s one of the best exlusive features of Autoit.[/font]http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q555375ALIBI Run - a replacement for the windows run promptPC Controller - an application for controlling other PCs[size="1"]Science flies us to the moon. Religion flies us into buildings.[/size][size="1"]http://bit.ly/cAMPZV[/size]

Can you add the "nice-to-have-easier-to-use" feature that allow us, by doubleclicking on a element, to add the actual code that element need to have inside...

I mean, if i have a "start button" that on click should call some functions, it would be awesome if i was able to just double click on that button, open up the Koda scite editor and put inside it the code....

This idea was already discussed before, you can search this thread. I'll try as well, not recall why this was rejected.

...and for your great Guid Generator... Keep up the good work :D

:D

I'm never did the "Guid Generator"...