Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Rorax

Start script, check if script is running, if it is, kill it, and continue

6 posts in this topic

Basically I have a script that can get stopped before completing.

$g_szVersion = "Scanner"
If WinExists($g_szVersion) Then Exit
AutoItWinSetTitle($g_szVersion)

But this only does so that the script doesnt start twice. But I want to kill it before it starts if its running.

$g_szVersion = "Scanner"
If WinExists($g_szVersion) Then 
ProcessClose("Autoit3.exe")
ProcessClose("wiaacmgr.exe")
Exit
EndIf

That works, but it doesnt check if its the correct script to close. It just closes the first Autoitv3 script it finds. Is there a way to set the processname of a script or a better way to close it if it knows its running while making ure its the correct peocess?

Thanks in advance

Basically I have a script that can get stopped before completing.

$g_szVersion = "Scanner"
If WinExists($g_szVersion) Then Exit

But this only does so that the script doesnt start twice. But I want to kill it before it starts if its running.

$g_szVersion = "Scanner"
ProcessClose("Autoit3.exe")
ProcessClose("wiaacmgr.exe")
Exit
EndIf

That works, but it doesnt check if its the correct script to close. It just closes the first Autoitv3 script it finds. Is there a way to set the processname of a script or a better way to close it if it knows its running while making ure its the correct peocess?

Thanks in advance

If you compile your script, then the process name will be something like YourScript.exe, and much easier to identify and kill. The name will only be AutoIT3.exe if you are running it uncompiled.

:P

Valuater's AutoIt 1-2-3, Class... Is now in Session!For those who want somebody to write the script for them: RentACoder"Any technology distinguishable from magic is insufficiently advanced." -- Geek's corollary to Clarke's law

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

You can add the following line to the begining of your script

If UBound(ProcessList(@ScriptName)) > 2 Then Exit

OR you can look for a better solution at the help file for called _SINGLETON

Edited by Danny35d

AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line

Damn I'm stupid, didnt know it changed processname after compilation..oops guess I learn something new everyday. Thanks for helping me out! Appreciate it

You may want to look closer at FAQ 14. There is a illogical difference between recognition of a window title and the concept of closing a process name because of the title.

#6 ·  Posted (edited)

I know it was a while since you replied, but anyway I checked FAQ 14

14. How can I make sure only one copy of my script is run?

The easiest way is to rename the title of the hidden AutoIt window when your script first starts. Then in the same script check for that window title existing - if it does then another copy of the script is running.

; Place at the top of your script

$g_szVersion = "My Script 1.1"

If WinExists($g_szVersion) Then Exit ; It's already running

; Rest of your script goes here

And I'm using

$g_szVersion = "TSFAutoSkanner"
    If ProcessExists("wiaacmgr.exe") then ProcessClose("wiaacmgr.exe")
    If ProcessExists(@Scriptname) then ProcessClose(@ScriptName)
EndIf

But I dont see the illogical difference (not native english speaker so not 100% sure I got the right definition)

Basically, it checks if TSFAutoSkanner exists, if it does it closes the process. I cant just use If ProcessExists since the process will start the second the script does.

Havent tried to use _Singleton or the Ubound part since it worked with the code above. But is there a chance that it will get messed up? I realise it will get messed up by the slim chance of a windowtitle being TSFAutoSkanner but other then that?

Regards,

Rorax

Edited by Rorax