Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ConsultingJoe

find numbers in a file, maybe StringRegExp?

17 posts in this topic

ok, what i am trying to do, is find the location in a file where there is 17 unknown numbers, a space, and 17 other unknown numbers.

I thought that StringRegExp could be used for it but I dont know how to use it.

Can someone PLEASE HELP

THANKS

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

maybe...

#include <file.au3>

Dim $aRecords

If Not _FileReadToArray("error.log",$aRecords) Then
   MsgBox(4096,"Error", " Error reading log to Array     error:" & @error)
   Exit
EndIf

For $x = 1 to $aRecords[0]
    $split = StringSplit($aRecords[$x], " ")
    for $t = 1 to $split[0]
        If StringLen($split[$t]) = 17 Then
            If StringLen($split[$t-1]) = 17 Then
                Msgbox(0,'Record:' & $x, $aRecords[$x] & @CRLF & $split[$t] & @CRLF & $split[$t-1])
                ExitLoop
            EndIf
        EndIf
    Next
Next

8)

NEWHeader1.png

$aRecords[0] doesnt hold the lines???

[center]AutoIT + Finger Print Reader/Scanner = COOL STUFF -> Check Out Topic![/center][center][font=Arial Black]Check out ConsultingJoe.com[/font][/center][center]My Scripts~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Web Protocol Managing - Simple WiFi Scanner - AutoTunes - Remote PC Control V2 - Audio SpectrascopePie Chart UDF - At&t's TTS - Custom Progress Bar - Windows Media Player Embed[/center]

$aRecords[0] doesnt hold the lines???

the file is a database file so there is weired charactors, that can effect it, i think?

It wouldn't. The file is probably way too big. When you say "number", you mean digit, correct? As in the numbers 1-9 and 0?

the code i gave above just worked for me... it found that same series of numbers three times

did you change this????

NEWHeader1.png

Sorry Valuater, I didn't see the link to the file. I just figured the file was too big to fit into an array. I assumed he was trying to work with a game file.

the code i gave above just worked for me... it found that same series of numbers three times

did you change this????

Ok, yes it does work thanks, but why does it have to be in the same directory?

Ok, yes it does work thanks, but why does it have to be in the same directory?

It doesn't *have* to be. You just have to add code to locate the file otherwise.

geeze... want me to come over and give personal instructions...... lol

@DesktopDir & "\Server.dbs"

works if it is on your desktop... you can use any folder you want

8)

NEWHeader1.png

:nuke:

Could you do that?! :P

@DesktopDir & "\Server.dbs"

works if it is on your desktop... you can use any folder you want

8)

LOL, I know how to do it, thanks. I must have just done something wrong. it works great

thanks a bunch

Welcome

8)

NEWHeader1.png

ok, what i am trying to do, is find the location in a file where there is 17 unknown numbers, a space, and 17 other unknown numbers.

I thought that StringRegExp could be used for it but I dont know how to use it.

Can someone PLEASE HELP

THANKS

$sString = 'adkfjow 11111111122222233 44444444445555566 aldfoi'
$aSRE = StringRegExp($sString, '([0-9]{17} [0-9]{17})', 3)
If @extended Then
    For $iCC = 0 To UBound($aSRE) - 1
        MsgBox(64, 'Info', $aSRE[$iCC])
    Next
EndIf

[center]Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.[/center]

Yes1

Or..

;regsre.au3
#include<StringRegExpVBS.au3>
$s_FileRead="zzzzz23478903467896745 23478903467896745cccc"
$ar_Found=_StringRegExp($s_FileRead, '([\d]{17} [\d]{17})')
$i_pos=StringInStr($s_FileRead,$ar_Found[0])
MsgBox(0,"","$i_pos="&$i_pos)
Randall

$sString = 'adkfjow 11111111122222233 44444444445555566 aldfoi'
$aSRE = StringRegExp($sString, '([0-9]{17} [0-9]{17})', 3)
If @extended Then
    For $iCC = 0 To UBound($aSRE) - 1
        MsgBox(64, 'Info', $aSRE[$iCC])
    Next
EndIf
thank you, I am interested in StringRegExp some more. I'm going to study it harder. thanks