Sign in to follow this  
DuncanM

IE - Populating "File" Field

DuncanM

I'm using IE.au3 to automate the configuration of a web-based device and am running into a problem filling in fields of type "file" (i.e. looks like a text field and has a BROWSE button next to it). The particular field I'm trying to populate looks just like a text field (which I have no problem populating), but I cannot get AutoIT to populate the file field with the appropriate filename via _IEFormElementSetValue. Anyone know how to do this? Thanks.

DuncanM

Actually, I don't see any IE.au3 functions that support filling in a filename on a "File" field - there has to be a way to do it though..I'm stuck!

big_daddy

Here is an example of how to do this.

ImageShack Upload

Edited by big_daddy

DuncanM

Here is an example of how to do this.

ImageShack Upload

Thanks! I got it working with Focus and Send. Also, after I upload the file, I need to wait for it to say "Completed", which will appear in the right frame. Is there a way to wait until this appears (sort of like a WinWait)?

big_daddy

@DuncanM - If you could post the source of the "completed" page we should be able to come up with something.

DuncanM

Big Daddy - I apologize, but this is on a standalone system at the moment. However, the "completed" that I would like to search for is in the source. Is there some way I can have it look in the source of that frame to see if the "completed" string exists (returning a 1 or a 0)?