Problem changing the working directory

Yush

HI !

I have a problem when I tryed to change the working directory to my "Temporary Internet Files" folder to delete files inside.

FileChangeDir("C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files")
MsgBox(4096, "Working dir", @WorkingDir)
$search = FileFindFirstFile("*.*")
If $search = -1 Then
          Exit
EndIf
While 1
          $file = FileFindNextFile($search) 
          If @error Then ExitLoop

MsgBox(4096, "File:", $file)
         ;FileDelete($file)
WEnd

Fortunatly, I put FileDelete on comment before running the script.

The first message box display "C:\Documents and Settings\Me\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files" but the search loop message box display files from an other directory.

I tried with some other directories, it works, only my "Temporary Internet Files" folder did not work.

Thanks for helping if you can

Hi,

I guess it depends on the files you want to delete. After deleting they are stored in a folder Content.IE5.

Thats weird M$.

It is not that easy to delete the files ... :)

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Works for me:

MsgBox(4096, "Original Working Dir", @WorkingDir)
FileChangeDir("C:\Documents and Settings\" & @UserName & "\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files")
MsgBox(4096, "New Working dir", @WorkingDir)

;Probably better to use @UserProfileDir & "\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files"

However, "Temporary Internet Files" is not a normal folder. When viewed with explorer, you see a bunch of files. When viewed from a command prompt you will see one or more subdirectories with random names. So it seems you would need to recurse into the subfolders to delete the files.

Use Mozilla | Take a look at My Disorganized AutoIt stuff | Very very old: AutoBuilder 11 Jan 2005 prototype I need to update my sig!

have you tried the 'delete files' in the internet options ? ie. make a send("!t!o{right}{enter}") when you have internet explorer active.

or

Run("rundll32.exe shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL inetcpl.cpl", "")
send("!o{enter}")
Edited by jinxter

> there are 10 types of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.