Auto3Lib

PaulIA

Release 4.0.12

During the last release, I axed a few of the Toolbar functions that were actually useful. :"> Thanks to all those who reported this.

The TreeView module had a bug in it that was causing it to be really slow when you inserted a large numbers of nodes.

I have implemented a caching method for all controls to reduce the testing that is required to determine if a control is internal or external to AutoIt.

On the "really cool" front, lod3n sent me a piece of C# code that demonstrated using the UpdateLayeredWindow API call to produce transparent windows. It required some new GDI and GDI+ calls to implement, but the result is stunning. Take a look at the AlphaBlend demo in the GDI+ folder to see what I mean. (Thanks lod3n!)

Auto3Lib: A library of over 1200 functions for AutoIt

So a M$ bloated 1 MB installer overhead vs 1.8 MB total size of setup package is a completely normal and necessary thing, not just a pointless waste of bandwidth?

NSIS setup package probably would fit into total 0.8 MB.

Edited by Siao

"be smart, drink your wine"

So a M$ bloated 1 MB installer overhead vs 1.8 MB total size of setup package is a completely normal and necessary thing, not just a pointless waste of bandwidth?

NSIS setup package probably would fit into total 0.8 MB.

I could give a rats ass if it's necessary or not. I've been using Wise for 10 years for my commercial products and I'm not inclined to switch to something I've never worked with just because one person's machine is so screwed up it won't run an MSI file.

I wasn't talking about someone's machine which has troubles with MSI, so why are you grabbing onto this straw as an argument?

But your point about fruitlessness of any further discussion is taken, do as you will.

Edited by Siao

"be smart, drink your wine"

I wasn't talking about someone's machine which has troubles with MSI, so why are you grabbing onto this straw as an argument?

But your point about fruitlessness of any further discussion is taken, do as you will.

Then you had no reason to inject yourself into the conversation in the first place. The OP was talking about his machine being so screwed up it won't run an MSI installation. He said nothing about the size of the installer at all. You're the only one that seems to have an issue with that. You did get one thing right and that's the bit about the fruitlessness of any further discussion on the issue. :rolleyes:

I downloaded your wonderful collection of functions in the hope that you had just 1 I needed, but you didnt, so I did as humans do, and bashed code together till it worked. :rolleyes:

I present this back to you, since you dont have it, but I find that it's very useful to have!

Func _API_GetCompressedFileSize($sFile) ; Good up to 4GB
    Local $aResult
    $aResult = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "dword", "GetCompressedFileSize", "str", $sFile, "dword", chr(0))
    Return $aResult[0]
EndFunc

feed in any valid file name, and it returns the compressed size (not zip, but the NTFS compression compressed size) of the file.

Cheers

Edited by Zacharot

I downloaded your wonderful collection of functions in the hope that you had just 1 I needed, but you didnt, so I did as humans do, and bashed code together till it worked. :rolleyes:

I present this back to you, since you dont have it, but I find that it's very useful to have!

Func _API_GetCompressedFileSize($sFile) ; Good up to 4GB
    Local $aResult
    $aResult = DllCall("Kernel32.dll", "dword", "GetCompressedFileSize", "str", $sFile, "dword", chr(0))
    Return $aResult[0] <> 0
EndFunc
oÝ÷ Ù÷v)Ú+Ú'_W§jgØ­­ën®{-ç(޲Dz,Þsî¶Ø^51Rr©­ë,Ü¢jkzËvȳzíçâà¡yêìþ«¨µà¶æ¥,¨º·îËb¢z'*Þ¶êç°V¥±â-)䶬Ì!jܨ»kzZ()à~ÚºÚ"µÍ[ÈÐTWÑÙ]ÛÛÜÙY[TÚ^J  ÌÍÜÑ[JBØØ[    ÌÍØTÝ[  ÌÍØTÝ[HØ[
    ][ÝÒÙ[Ì ][ÝË  ][ÝÙÛÜ  ][ÝË  ][ÝÑÙ]ÛÛÜÙY[TÚ^I][ÝË  ][ÝÜÝ][ÝË  ÌÍÜÑ[K  ][ÝÙÛÜ  ][ÝË
B]  ÌÍØTÝ[ÌB[[

eh? oops, must have been one of my last bashes got reverted to, it's fixed above, and it is the 0th return, 2 always gives back 0, or 'nul', unless of course you use it on a file larger than 4gb :rolleyes:

it will return the uncompressed size on uncompressed files.

I was trying to figure out the 'low order dword' and 'high order dword', but I dont understand it. is it basically just dword&dword, so 12345678 and 12345678 becomes 1234567812345678? That would be easy enough, if that's the case. :rambo:

Edited by Zacharot

I think this code may be broken in the current version of autoit.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42542.

When I execute the script , "Hello World" shows up after the prompt. Is there any fix or workaround available be for this problem.

Posted Image

Edited by SolidSnake
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

I think this code may be broken in the current version of autoit.

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=42542.

When I execute the script , "Hello World" shows up after the prompt. Is there any fix or workaround available be for this problem.

Posted Image

That's what it's suppose to do. :rolleyes: The script you're pointing to is just a demonstartion on how to attach to the console and write to it. What were you expecting it to do?

That's what it's suppose to do. :rolleyes: The script you're pointing to is just a demonstartion on how to attach to the console and write to it. What were you expecting it to do?

Thanks for the fast reply. I was hoping to have it output like this. Is this possible with Auto3Lib?

Posted Image

Edited by SolidSnake
HKTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeLyricToy:Softpedia | GoogleCodeRCTunes:Softpedia | GoogleCodeMichtaToolsProgrammer n. - An ingenious device that turns caffeine into code.

Thanks for the fast reply. I was hoping to have it output like this. Is this possible with Auto3Lib?

Posted Image

The command prompt is being shown before the script completes execution. You can verify this by modifying the demo and putting a 3 second sleep before "Hello World" is written. You can prevent this from happening by running the demo this way:

cmd.exe /k test.exe

This prevents the prompt from appearing until after the script is finished and gives you the output that you wanted.

The command prompt is being shown before the script completes execution. You can verify this by modifying the demo and putting a 3 second sleep before "Hello World" is written. You can prevent this from happening by running the demo this way:

This prevents the prompt from appearing until after the script is finished and gives you the output that you wanted.

Thanks. I will use the workaround you provided.

Hello PaulIA, You wouldn't know anything about this would you?

I did some knocking around with this but couldn't get it to work. I can see the registry values that change with RegShot, but there appears to be more than just changing the registry settings to get this to work correctly.