Text reader

Hey everyone, I am trying to write a script to grab data from one window specifically a program used at work to display the sales from the day, and then input that data into an excel workbook. I have no idea where to begin, any help would be greatly appriciated!

What is the program that displays the sales called? Does it have a particualr layout on the screen or a report writer interface? Does it use a web browser to see the results? Does it support C.O.M.? You may be able to 'screen scrape' the contents and paste into Excel or pass it through an intermediatary file in something like CSV format.

The program is a propriety sales tracker, it runs in a comand prompt window.

Hi,

take Autoit Window Info to check whether you can read the text.

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

• 8 months later...

Hi,

take Autoit Window Info to check whether you can read the text.

So long,

Mega

What if you can read the text how would you then get it? I need something similar to read a string of numbers out of an AS400 Emulator for work. I need to be able to pull a number from the screen add it to a number I enter in the program and put it back in place of the number I took from the screen.

Thanks,

-Skizmata

Edited by Skizmata

AutoIt changed my life.