FileInstall to %USERPROFILE%

Using Autoit 3.1.1 and SciTE 1.69 for writing the code, on Win2k SP4.

Im trying to create an automated installer for a programme. I have been doing

FileInstall("d:\file.exe", "C:\file.exe")
Run("C:\file.exe")

Then comes the install routine, which works fine, so I wont include the text. When the installer is complete and exited, I have

FileDelete("C:\file.exe")

to do the cleanup after the programme is installed. What Id like to be able to do is

FileInstall("d:\file.exe", "%USERPROFILE%/local settings/temp/file.exe")

to get the installer to go into the system Temp folder, so I can clean it up myself later if/when necessary. However, when I try this in SciTE, and run it, I get the following message -

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\AutoIt3Wrapper\AutoIt3Wrapper.exe" /run /beta /ErrorStdOut /in "C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Desktop\Install InControl.au3" /autoit3dir "C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\beta" /UserParams 
>Running AU3Check   params:  from:C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\au3check\
+>AU3Check ended.rc:0
>Running:(3.1.1.0):C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\autoit3.exe "C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Desktop\Install InControl.au3" 
C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Desktop\Install InControl.au3 (2) : ==> Unable to execute the external program.: 
Run("%userprofile%\local settings\temp\incontrol setup.exe") 
The system cannot find the file specified.

+>AutoIT3.exe ended.rc:0
>Exit code: 0   Time: 1.438

which I figure means that FileInstall isn't copying the file into the Temp folder. Id make it do this -

FileInstall("d:\file.exe", "C:\Documents and Settings\Anonymous\Local Settings\Temp\file.exe")

but I cant guarantee that the %USERPROFILE% is going to be "Anonymous". It might change over time, or be used on different PC's in the house, and I dont want to have 3-4 different versions of the same file lying about. :lmao:

Is there a way to get FileInstall handle %USERPROFILE%, or would it just be better/easier to use the first method?

Ive attached the install script.

Install_InControl.au3

That works great, thanks! :lmao:

The only problem I had then was getting it to run, but I got round it by doing the following.

Send("#r")
Send("%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp\file.exe")
Send("{ENTER}")

Its a bit more long winded, but it works fine, and thats all that really matters.

• Moderators

That works great, thanks! :lmao:

The only problem I had then was getting it to run, but I got round it by doing the following.

Send("#r")
Send("%userprofile%\Local Settings\Temp\file.exe")
Send("{ENTER}")

Its a bit more long winded, but it works fine, and thats all that really matters.

Had you thought to maybe try:
Run(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & @UserProfileDir & '\Local Settings\Temp\file.exe"', '', @SW_HIDE)oÝ÷ ØGb´êÞ½éÚºÚ"µÍ[ÛÛTÜXÈ    [È ÌÎNÈØÈ ][ÝÉÌÎNÈ   [È[    [È ÌÎNÉÌLÙ[K^I][ÝÉÌÎNË   ÌÎNÉÌÎNËÕ×ÒQJ
Edited by SmOke_N

Common sense plays a role in the basics of understanding AutoIt... If you're lacking in that, do us all a favor, and step away from the computer.

your welcome,

like SmOke_N metion you can use Run() function to start your script. I will personally use

Run(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & @UserProfileDir & '\Local Settings\Temp\file.exe"', '', @SW_HIDE)

rather than Run(@ComSpec & ' /c "' & @TempDir & '\file.exe"', '', @SW_HIDE)

The reason is at work no matter which profile you login your Temp folder is always %WinDir%\Temp.

Edited by Danny35d
AutoIt Scripts:NetPrinter - Network Printer UtilityRobocopyGUI - GUI interface for M$ robocopy command line