adding COM functionality

is it possible to give my autoit application COM functionality so thatother applications can use it?

like when a separate application calls MyApp.Application.msgbox then my app would display a msgbox? (of course that's just an example :whistle:)

Is that possible?

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

autoitx

isnt autoitx for using autoit in other languages? because that's not what I want, I'm just interested in implementing COM to an autoit application...

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

The answer is going to be a resounding no, I can guarantee you.

Because you asked the question, you probably don't understand what kind of technical feat it would be, and why it wouldn't be worth it.

Suffice it to say, AutoIt wasn't meant for that sort of programming.

You might consider C#. It's a nice compromise for those who wish to be able to program near the low level of C++ (with only the .NET CLR in the way), yet with near-AutoIt ease.

-S

(Yet Another) ExcelCOM UDF"A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly...[indent]...specialization is for insects." - R. A. Heinlein[/indent]