will this do what i want?

keleko

Too many idiots in this thread.

Go Com with database...

http://www.autoitscript.com/forum/index.php?showuser=9401

Pay the piper.

Au3Record is absurd for database.

Au3Record is a desktop automation recorder. Not anything to do with a manupulating a database. If you do not know what you are posting about then do a favor and bail out.

I would have to disagree with you MHz. Keleko has given the impression he wants to interact with the access application interface and not the db itself. A ADO connection to the db will not, as far as I know, give you access to any of the reports developed in the access database. As I understand it keleko wants to run those predefined reports and save them to a directory. He don't know VBA in access and he don't know AutoIt so going down the COM road will not give him anything he can cope with. Thats my opinion anyway.

So Au3Recorder is the solution you are saying? :evil:

Whether it is or isn't, I don't see what has gotten into your pants that made you so hot and edgy... ;)

Too many idiots in this thread.

There were only 5-6 people who posted before you, and considering you later make a reference to something i said as being "absurd" is it safe to infer that that comment was directed mostly/entirely at me? Whats your basis for throwing out insults? :mad:

Au3Record is absurd for database.

While I'm sure its not the best/most reliable solution, it could work though, right?

And considering the OP is still learning, it would probably be easier then trying to teach him COM. Right?

It is what the OP asked for anyway, is it not? "Follow my clicks and emulate them" - Sounds like Au3Record to me...

I fail see absurdity in that suggestion.

If you do not know what you are posting about then do a favor and bail out.

I see where you are coming from in terms that you shouldn't post senselessly, but i believe that comment did not apply to this situation. Other then the OP, as he is the one with the question, everyone seems to know something about what they are posting.

Is there something about this that is angering you or something? Just chill, its only a question. :lmao:

So Au3Recorder is the solution you are saying? :lmao:

No, I'm saying that COM/db connectioin probably isn't in this case. Considering the Access frontend is a application Au3Recorder could get keleko going. But seening his resistance against learning new (or old) stuff I think he just have to spend the time watching the reports being generated :evil:

Appart from that I agree with you that a COM/ADO connection is the best way to get data from an access db in AutoIt. I suppose the Excel UDF can be used to generate some nifty reports? (hmm, if you have Excel installed that is ;) )

paulie yes i see what your saying but the fact is this is his job and personally i dont think he knows what he's getting into. [only 1 part of it, albeit the most important - k] Thus since mouseclicks are so unreliable and this is his job which if this stuff isnt done then his job is at stake mouse clicks would be jeopardizing his freakin job . Say the window doesnt pop up in the same place each time or there was an error and yeah mouse clicks aint going to be able to help him out

o rly??

window position makes a difference? why? i would figure that once it knows WHAT to click on, WHERE shouldn't matter

I would have to disagree with you MHz. Keleko has given the impression he wants to interact with the access application interface and not the db itself. A ADO connection to the db will not, as far as I know, give you access to any of the reports developed in the access database. As I understand it keleko wants to run those predefined reports and save them to a directory. He don't know VBA in access and he don't know AutoIt so going down the COM road will not give him anything he can cope with. Thats my opinion anyway.

exactly (and then email, etc etc)

o rly??

window position makes a difference? why? i would figure that once it knows WHAT to click on, WHERE shouldn't matter

Then you have to do some studying. The au3Recorder is kind of dumb in that regard. It only records windowname, screen position of mouse, keypress and click's. The rest is up to you.

Then you have to do some studying. The au3Recorder is kind of dumb in that regard. It only records windowname, screen position of mouse, keypress and click's. The rest is up to you.

ok, well then that's right out as there's plenty of useless clicks and scrolls that i currently have to do in order to get to things that need clicking (15" screen here, i hate it)

in roughly 20 minutes total time i've spent asking questions? ;)

Yep, give or take depending on the task obviously. And don't forget you have to add the time spend buy the rest of us to :lmao:

hmm

well, i've come up with a new twist

forgot to mention that a few of the reports require date ranges to be entered as well

also had a database lockup (well, access anyway) and had to run a different database, then come back to that one to get it to work right

so there's some error handling that needs to be built in

and, i think if the script as whole works, then i won't need the remote desktop section

i can run it right on the server itself (and create a new email profile for sending them out)

so, a half hour of running this app (and still not clear on which one i should be using) and the script will be done? ;)

this is getting more complicated than i thought it would...

hmm

well, i've come up with a new twist

forgot to mention that a few of the reports require date ranges to be entered as well

also had a database lockup (well, access anyway) and had to run a different database, then come back to that one to get it to work right

so there's some error handling that needs to be built in

and, i think if the script as whole works, then i won't need the remote desktop section

i can run it right on the server itself (and create a new email profile for sending them out)

so, a half hour of running this app (and still not clear on which one i should be using) and the script will be done? ;)

this is getting more complicated than i thought it would...

:lmao:

figured out the error with the lockup - can't have that particular database opne more than once, odd - so we can pretty much ignore that