OpenGl Plugin - Update 2007/08/31

A. Percy

Added a new update, with texture mode supporting bounding with more than one texture. Download it at first post.

Só o que posso lhe dizer, bom é quando faz mal!My work:Au3Irrlicht - Irrlicht for AutoItMsAgentLib - An UDF for MSAgentAu3GlPlugin T2 - A 3D plugin for AutoIt...OpenGl Plugin - The old version of Au3GlPlugin.MAC Address Changer - Changes the MAC AddressItCopter - A dragonfly R/C helicopter simulator

VW Bug user

Pinheiral (Pinewood) city:

http://pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pinheiral

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm waiting for the first game. Who accepted the challenge? :):D :D

Só o que posso lhe dizer, bom é quando faz mal!My work:Au3Irrlicht - Irrlicht for AutoItMsAgentLib - An UDF for MSAgentAu3GlPlugin T2 - A 3D plugin for AutoIt...OpenGl Plugin - The old version of Au3GlPlugin.MAC Address Changer - Changes the MAC AddressItCopter - A dragonfly R/C helicopter simulator

VW Bug user

I don't know about Basic4GL... It works with AutoIt?

Edited by A. Percy

VW Bug user

I'm waiting for the first game. Who accepted the challenge? :):D :D

ok, first of all i have to say that you've done a really good job! your addon rulez, even if the textures dont work... at least on my computer the example dont works...

i would accept the challange, but i think it isn't very suggestive cause of biiiig lags... every script with directgl i've run caused lags and that were just some examples... ok, i think i need to reboot my computer and try it after rebooting again :D. but i think you should work on the speed. anyway it's a great job you did! keep on!

edit: ok, after the reboot it works without lags, but the textures still dont work. i already checked the path but i still see a white box without the texture. i've already downloaded the glaux.dll, too.

Edited by Lord_Doominik

I'll check the textures problem.

I put a list of functions at the first post. I think it may help.

:)

VW Bug user

• 2 weeks later...

Added to my "todo list". I'll work on it soon.

:)

Thank you

VW Bug user

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I downloaded the plugin with texture support. (built on 4_25) After extraction to a folder, I double click on the example file.

But it doesn't work. a message box appeared and said something like "DefineGlWindow error, cannot be found".

I realized maybe the dll file was not found by AutoIt. So I tried this

Global $GlPluginHandle = PluginOpen( "Au3GlPlugin.dll" )
MsgBox(0,"ff",$GlPluginHandle)

Badly I got $GlPluginHandle=-1, which means the dll is not opened normally!

Then I downloaded the release without texture support. It worked well.

I have no idea what's wrong with my system settings. Or might it be a buggy release?

(I'm using the latest version of AutoIt V3)

Thanks!

Ting

Cleanup problem

I have one problem with the release of 4.16.2007 (the non-texturing version).

I can run the examples without any problem. However, my CPU usage reaches

100%, I don't know if it's normal for an Opengl program. (Does the message loop

of glut so cpu consuming?!) Then I closed the example script by clicking the

'cross' button. The glut window disappeared, but an autoit.exe process was still

runing at background. (I found this because the noise of the fan of my computer;D)

I have to stop it by brutal force, using the task manager!

Plus the problem I met in the previous post, both releases (with and wihtout texturing)

do not work perfectly.

Help is needed! I really want to try this plugin. Thanks!

Ting

When start the main loop, the plugin creates a new thread for doing the animation and read all inputs from autoit. But when you close the glut win, the thread remains running cause I can't get any message from closing glut window.

About textured version: I noticed that texture bug in some machines, but I have no idea to fix it for while.

I need some time to research about the problem, but until jun 23 I can't do anything cause "Valentines day" (in Brazil 12/Jun), my girlfriend birthday and my pilot training on saturdays (new airplane, new behavior) (AutoIt In The Sky With Diamonds).

About CPU consumption: are your opengl drivers instaled correctly? I questioning it cause the plugin runs at my k6 II 500Mhz machine and works normal.

Try adjusting FPS on your script too. It can resolve some troubles.

Thank you very much for all information!

Alexsandro Percy

VW Bug user

In SampleNew.au3, try this code:

#include "GlPluginUtils.au3"

;hide icon!!!!!!
AutoItSetOption( "TrayIconHide", 1 )

$WindowTitle = "OpenGl Plugin - Testing Texture Mode"
DefineGlWindow( 400, 300, $WindowTitle )
SetClearColor( 0.0, 0.0, 0.0 )

SetTextureBuffer(2)
AddTexture( "au3", @ScriptDir & "\data\au3.bmp" )
AddTexture( "nehe", @ScriptDir & "\data\au32.bmp" )
SetTextureMode()

SetFPS( 30 )

CreateLight( 0, 300, 300, 300 )
SetLightAmbient( 0, 0.2, 0.2, 0.2 )
SetLightDiffuse( 0, 0.7, 0.7, 0.7 )
SetLightSpecular( 0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 )

CreateLight( 1, -300, 300, 300 )
SetLightAmbient( 1, 0.2, 0.2, 0.2 )
SetLightDiffuse( 1, 0.7, 0.7, 0.7 )
SetLightSpecular( 1, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0 )

_CreateCube( "Cube1", -30, 30, -30, 30, -30, 30 , 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, "au3" )
TranslateObject( "Cube1", 0, 50, 150 )
RotateObject("Cube1",20,0,0)

SetCamera( 0, 80, 350, 0, 20, 0 )

GlMainLoop( )

$Y_Axis = 0
While 1
    sleep( 10 )

;Rotate box
    RotateObject( "Cube1", $Y_Axis, $Y_Axis, 0 )

$Y_Axis = $Y_Axis + 2
    If $Y_Axis = 360 Then $Y_Axis = 0
    If $Y_Axis > 360 Then $Y_Axis = $Y_Axis - 360

If WinExists( $WindowTitle ) = 0 Then
        ExitLoop
    EndIf

Wend
Edited by A. Percy

VW Bug user

When start the main loop, the plugin creates a new thread for doing the animation and read all inputs from autoit. But when you close the glut win, the thread remains running cause I can't get any message from closing glut window.

About textured version: I noticed that texture bug in some machines, but I have no idea to fix it for while.

I need some time to research about the problem, but until jun 23 I can't do anything cause "Valentines day" (in Brazil 12/Jun), my girlfriend birthday and my pilot training on saturdays (new airplane, new behavior) (AutoIt In The Sky With Diamonds).

About CPU consumption: are your opengl drivers instaled correctly? I questioning it cause the plugin runs at my k6 II 500Mhz machine and works normal.

Try adjusting FPS on your script too. It can resolve some troubles.

Thank you very much for all information!

Alexsandro Percy

I cannot run your code in the texture version. I got this

>"C:\Program Files\AutoIt3\SciTE\..\autoit3.exe" /ErrorStdOut "J:\Au3GlPlugin_2007_04_25\test.au3"  
J:\Au3GlPlugin_2007_04_25\test.au3 (16) : ==> Unknown function name.: 
DefineGlWindow( 400, 300, $WindowTitle ) 
^ ERROR
>Exit code: 1   Time: 0.732

I don't know what you mean 'install opengl driver correctly'. I have winXp, glut.dll is downloaded from the official site.

What else shoudl I do to get the plugin run?

I wish you had a wonderful Valentine's day!

Ting

i guess the White Box problem in the texture sample is coz of crappy onboard gfx chipset. Works well on pc's with gfx cards.

Yes, you are correct, but it's unexpected :)

VW Bug user