Decompiling and Passphrase (again)

neocracy

Hi everybody,

I searched the forum for problems decompiling a script. The decompiler wants a passphrase and I know there is none set, I asked the author. The only solution I found was "send the file to xy and answer some questions related to the code". Or did I miss something?

I think he may have written this script with another version of AutoIt, is that a problem?

Well, I have this problem now. I have a very simple script a former colleague wrote, but it does not work on a new PC. It just prevents the screensaver to activate by performing a click or moving the mouse (don't know what exactly it does). No, I can't deactivate the screensaver (enterprise policy prevents this effectivly). Yes, this is absolutely necessary. I just want to look at the code and check whats wrong.

Any suggestions?

Regards

Hi everybody,

I searched the forum for problems decompiling a script. The decompiler wants a passphrase and I know there is none set, I asked the author. The only solution I found was "send the file to xy and answer some questions related to the code". Or did I miss something?

I think he may have written this script with another version of AutoIt, is that a problem?

Well, I have this problem now. I have a very simple script a former colleague wrote, but it does not work on a new PC. It just prevents the screensaver to activate by performing a click or moving the mouse (don't know what exactly it does). No, I can't deactivate the screensaver (enterprise policy prevents this effectivly). Yes, this is absolutely necessary. I just want to look at the code and check whats wrong.

Any suggestions?

Regards

The decompiler should work with any previous compile version.

WHich decompiler are you using?

Which version was the script compile with?

Hi,

or post the script so we can have a look at it. :P

So long,

Mega

Scripts & functions Organize Includes Let Scite organize the include files

Yahtzee The game "Yahtzee" (Kniffel, DiceLion)

LoginWrapper Secure scripts by adding a query (authentication)

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Principally yes. But unfortunately this server is used for automated GUI tests using JFCUnit so I have to ensure the script does not affect the test in any way. A click or mouse movement at the wrong time and the developer wonders what might have gone wrong just because I messed with the "anti screensaver" script.

This is why I want to know exactly what actions this script performs e.g. detecting a running test or something like that.

@th.meger: If I'd have the source code yet I wouldn't ask for help decompiling the executable. The only one who has the sources is already in vacation until next year (lucky bastard :P )

Hi,

I meant posting the exe.

So long,

Mega

_RunOnlyOnThis UDF Make sure that a script can only be executed on ... (Windows / HD / ...)

Internet-Café Server/Client Application Open CD, Start Browser, Lock remote client, etc.

MultipleFuncsWithOneHotkey Start different funcs by hitting one hotkey different times

Since the script does neither belong me nor the author but the enterprise (by the way: Siemens) I am not going to publish it to everyone. If I have to give one person the executable in order to decompile it that's okay with me, but no more.

I just want to play safe.

Hi,

okay. Siemens (Germany?) If I cannot try, I cannot help. :P

So long,

Mega