_GenerateGUID

theguy0000

just a little function i made from something i found online...It IS theoretically possible to get the same one twice, but it's also theoretically possible for an asteroid to fall from the sky destroying us all. I don't think anyone will lose any sleep over either.

Func _GenerateGUID ()
$oScriptlet = ObjCreate ("Scriptlet.TypeLib")
Return $oScriptlet.Guid
EndFunc

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN

...It IS theoretically possible to get the same one twice, but it's also theoretically possible for an asteroid to fall from the sky destroying us all. I don't think anyone will lose any sleep over either.

That looks very similar to an msdn article I was reading:

Although its theoretically possible to generate a duplicate GUID, its also theoretically possible that Bill Gates will give all his money to the Scripting Guys. We arent going to lose any sleep over either possibility.

Hmmm... Coincidence? :P

This generates a random id right?

This generates a random id right?

I guess so, it uses some built-in Windows formula, so it's probably the best you can get with AutoIt.

The cake is a lie.www.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP images.theguy0000.com is currentlyUP all other *.theguy0000.com sites are DOWN