Text Recognition? Supported ? Something similar?

Ophidian

Im trying to use AutoIT to test software at work in a fast and automated process. The problem is that sometimes when actions are performed things don't stay in the same place. The software specifically is a web based application and basically I need to recognize a custom "Back" buttom as well as a few other text style things. I did notice some IE functions mentioned somewhere in a post. Im not sure if somehow those functions can help me but I would be very greatful if someone could assist me. If the IE functions CAN help me then would you also mind posting anything about image/character recognition as well? I could have sworn I saw someone mention on another forum that AutoIt supports character recognition of some form. I could be just hallucinating though. :P

Much thanks in advance.

Ophidian

Im not trying to bump my post here but there must be some way to do this or atleast an answer "no you can't do this"

I can get IE open but I can't find a functions listing for what I can do inside of IE anywhere. I looked through the help file and Ive searched most of the forum looking for text/image recognition type stuff. I can't honestly say I'm in the mood to write my own text recognition method.

This is a real question and if addressed would be kind of nice. If Im not finding it in the forums then maybe Im just not using the right phrase to look for but I found a few dead posts with not a lot of info. One asking about linking into a DLL for someone elses functions pertaining to image recognition.. such and such..

So please thank you and.. yeah..

Ophidian

For IE control, look in the helpfile in User Defined Functions, then IE Management

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Thanks Dale. I guess thats why you're an MVP. Wish you can been logged on earlier while I was at work. I'll try it tomarrow before I go home. Thanks for the info.

Im still looking for info on text and or image recognition type code.

Thanks again

Ophidian

Thanks Dale. I guess thats why you're an MVP. Wish you can been logged on earlier while I was at work. I'll try it tomarrow before I go home. Thanks for the info.

Im still looking for info on text and or image recognition type code.

Thanks again

Ophidian

ie.au3 will be alot easier to use for your purpose than customizing any of the OCR scripts i've seen

...Im still looking for info on text and or image recognition type code...

The "simple way" (if there is one) would be to use PixelChecksum for each character/number of interest and a series of If, Case or Switch statements. Here is a snippet that I used a while back:
For $i = 1 To 6
    $Digit[$i] = PixelChecksum($left + $offset, $top, $right + $offset, $bottom, 1)
    $offset = $offset + 18
    ;MsgBox(0, "Digit " & $i, $Digit[$i])
    WinActivate("Registration Form - Microsoft Internet Explorer", "")
    WinWaitActive("Registration Form - Microsoft Internet Explorer", "")
    Select
        Case $Digit[$i] = 3036762902
            Send("0")
        Case $Digit[$i] = 2604631566
            Send("1")
        Case $Digit[$i] = 29910346
            Send("2")
        Case $Digit[$i] = 1488612964
            Send("3")
        Case $Digit[$i] = 3871171914
            Send("4")
        Case $Digit[$i] = 934895106