Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
twikkistep

IE > Disable Images

4 posts in this topic

Hiya,

First post! Happy New Year to all of you :P

I tried finding an answer on this forum, but didn't get any results - so hereby my question:

When I create an IE window, is there a way I can disable the images? You can set the option by going to the menu, but I was wondering if there was another (quicker) solution?

Thanks in advance!

-- TS

#3 ·  Posted (edited)

ok, time to dig up an artifact. the code big_daddy refers to here is

Func _IEToggleImages($f_State = True)
    If $f_State Then
        $s_Status = "yes"
    Else
        $s_Status = "no"
    EndIf
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "Display Inline Images", "REG_SZ", $s_Status) 
EndFunc

im just testing this atm, and i see it only effects newly opened IE instances after being set. i would be intrested in knowing if their is a way of applying this "disable images" to any current instances aswell. i know it can be manually achieved by disabling show pictures from "Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Show Pictures" and when you apply, it takes effect on the current browser aswell which is exactly what im looking to automate. ne ideas guys?

all i can guess is that, the registry entry for this is re-checked after i click apply on Internet Options, and without forcing this re-check, it wont effect the current browser.

Edited by laffo16

ok, time to dig up an artifact. the code big_daddy refers to here is

Func _IEToggleImages($f_State = True)
    If $f_State Then
        $s_Status = "yes"
    Else
        $s_Status = "no"
    EndIf
    RegWrite("HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main", "Display Inline Images", "REG_SZ", $s_Status) 
EndFunc

im just testing this atm, and i see it only effects newly opened IE instances after being set. i would be intrested in knowing if their is a way of applying this "disable images" to any current instances aswell. i know it can be manually achieved by disabling show pictures from "Tools, Internet Options, Advanced, Show Pictures" and when you apply, it takes effect on the current browser aswell which is exactly what im looking to automate. ne ideas guys?

all i can guess is that, the registry entry for this is re-checked after i click apply on Internet Options, and without forcing this re-check, it wont effect the current browser.

Nope, sorry. Only new instances can have images off.

This is correct:

_IEToggleImages(False)
$oIE1 = _IECreate("www.google.com")
_IEToggleImages(True)