Open IE to a specific page, or RUN a Shortcut?

• 3 weeks later...

$my_url = "www.google.com"

ShellExecute ( "C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe", $my_url )

Is this what you're looking for?

This works for English versions. How do I make it works for every Windows versions that have a different path for IE?

Thanks

• 2 months later...

You could use the @ProgramFilesDir macro to replace the "Program Files" part, or you could just make ShellExecute

open the link with the user's default browser. Like this :

ShellExecute("www.google.com")
Hi, what must I add so that after going to google.com, I want to search "autoit"

Thanks

Hi, Thanks.

(1) I want to go to a website, then enter the telephone number and type the msg at the appropriate place, then press sent.

And below is what I did but I realise that if I change the size of the webpage or shift the webpage, Mouseclick will click at the wrong place thus I am not able to put the "send msg" into the appropriate box.

What must I do so that the mouse co-ordinates is relative to the webpage and not the computer screen.

(2) Are there any other ways of entering text into the forms of the website without using mouse co-ordinates?

ShellExecute("http://websms.starhub.com/websmsn/usr/createMsgSessionPageShow.do?method=initCreateSession")

WinWaitActive("Starhub - Online - Mozilla Firefox")

MouseClick ( "left" , 919, 490 , 1 )

Send("12345678")

Have you tried IE.au3 or do you have to use Firefox ?

IE.au3 gives you the ability to automate web-related stuff so much easier and better than with clicks and keypresses.

Helpfile : User Defined Functions --> IE Management --> ...

IE.au3 gives you the ability to automate web-related stuff so much easier and better than with clicks and keypresses.

Thanks Helge,

No, I dont need to use Firefox. I will read thru your recommendations and see what I can get.

Thanks alot.

Hi,

I dont have tpo use firefox. Ok, I've read Helpfile : User Defined Functions --> IE Management --> ... but I have difficulties trying to choose which functions to use so that I could automatically ask AutoIt to put some text into the message form in this url http://websms.starhub.com/websmsn/usr/crea...itCreateSession

I would appreciate if you could tell me what to do to put text into the msg box and I will try to do the rest.

Thanks

Would it not work to just open a run box and type the url?

Send("#r")

WinWaitActive("Run")

Send("www.google.ca")

Send("{enter}")

It works for me at any rate. It might not be as elegant. but simplicity is sometimes the best way. :-)

Because the browser knows that "insert url" is NOT a url and is using Google to try to give you a clue... it obviously didn't work :-)

Put something like "http://www.autoitscript.com" in place of "insert url"

Dale

Free Internet Tools: DebugBar, AutoIt IE Builder, HTTP UDF, MODIV2, IE Developer Toolbar, IEDocMon, Fiddler, HTML Validator, WGet, curl

MSDN docs: InternetExplorer Object, Document Object, Overviews and Tutorials, DHTML Objects, DHTML Events, WinHttpRequest, XmlHttpRequest, Cross-Frame Scripting, Office object model

Automate input type=file (Related)

Alternative to _IECreateEmbedded? better: _IECreatePseudoEmbedded  Better Better?

IE.au3 issues with Vista - Workarounds

SciTe Debug mode - it's magic: #AutoIt3Wrapper_run_debug_mode=Y

Doesn't work needs to be ripped out of the troubleshooting lexicon. It means that what you tried did not produce the results you expected. It begs the questions 1) what did you try?, 2) what did you expect? and 3) what happened instead?

Reproducer: a small (the smallest?) piece of stand-alone code that demonstrates your trouble

Because the browser knows that "insert url" is NOT a url and is using Google to try to give you a clue... it obviously didn't work :-)

Put something like "http://www.autoitscript.com" in place of "insert url"

Dale

:(:shocked:

Edited by Shides
I'm a Italian a AutoIterMy scriptTxTediTor -->TxTediTor is a simple program similar notepad[center]Please vote me with five star ;)Antonio Caragliano for Nokia Nseries[/center]

:(:shocked:

Hi, I want to go to a specific site, then goto another website and then to go back to the previous page, so I have the following :- ( I do not want to go back by using Send("!{LEFT}") because I want to understand how to use the "back" function.

The script below did not go back to the previous page. What have I missed?

Thanks

#include <IE.au3>

$first = _IECreate("http://www.autoitscript.com")

WinWaitActive ("AutoIt Script Home Page - Windows Internet Explorer")

_IENavigate ($first, "www.singnet.com.sg")

WinWaitActive ("SingTel.com - Consumer - Internet - User ID: - Login as at: - Windows Internet Explorer")

$second = ("www.singnet.com.sg")

_IEAction ($second, "back")